china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[SIZE=+1]Chinese man executed for killing six police officers[/SIZE]
China National News
Wednesday 26th November, 2008
(IANS)

Shanghai, Nov 26 (Xinhua) A Chinese man, convicted in a case of killing six police officers here, was executed Wednesday by administration of a lethal injection with the approval of the Supreme People's Court.

Yang Jia, 28, an unemployed Beijing resident, stormed into a Shanghai police station July 1 and stabbed six police officers to death. Another three policemen and one security guard were injured in the attack.

Yang was sentenced to death Sep 1 by the Shanghai Intermediate People's Court. He later appealed his sentence but lost.

'In line with an order issued by the Supreme People's Court, the Shanghai No. 2 Intermediate People's Court executed criminal Yang Jia by injection on Nov 26,' said a statement issued by the Supreme People's Court.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Wow, police in China must be real pussies to have six killed by one man with a knife.:lol:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Just what I was thinking, Avro. What they need is some good ol ArceyMP taser training.

Too rich!!!:lol:

China managed to escape again. Good man, China.:wav:

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Thats a fairly one sided government view of the issue.

The cops he killed were corrupt cops who were torturing the local townspeople, reportedly for bribes from their families.

They tortured him as well, when he went to press charges the case was thrown out immediately, not even asking for evidence. His next course of action was a molotov to the front of the station then busting in when everyone rushed out to deal with the fire.

The censors are being quite active in China to stop the guy from becoming a martyr or folk hero.

Shows you how bad a society is when a cop killer gets that kind of welcome from the average townsfolk.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

The cops he killed were corrupt cops who were torturing the local townspeople, reportedly for bribes from their families.

They tortured him as well, when he went to press charges the case was thrown out immediately, not even asking for evidence. His next course of action was a molotov to the front of the station then busting in when everyone rushed out to deal with the fire.

The censors are being quite active in China to stop the guy from becoming a martyr or folk hero.

Shows you how bad a society is when a cop killer gets that kind of welcome from the average townsfolk.

I have to wonder about someone who supports the crooked cops....

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I have to wonder about someone who supports the crooked cops....

I had meant to imply how bad a state society is in (in terms of would you want to live there) when there is legitimate reason to see a cop killer as a hero.

Hasn't been that way here since Robin Hood.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I had meant to imply how bad a state society is in (in terms of would you want to live there) when there is legitimate reason to see a cop killer as a hero.

Hasn't been that way here since Robin Hood.

It appears a LOT more like a police state than certain "ambassadors" would like us to believe. Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly....

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Lets be fair here,

Both Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany got to host the Olympics, while bad, China isn't THAT bad.

Good day Zzarcov, Communism in general was supposedly good for the people, but the people who are in power are not true communists, on any country where communism was practiced or is practiced today...
They are a bunch of thugs behind closed doors who tell or told the masses do as I say or you are goner.........The word torture is a scary word, many in China or any Commy land are tortured and killed in secrecy every day on the altar for peace and democracy..

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Good day Zzarcov, Communism in general was supposedly good for the people, but the people who are in power are not true communists, on any country where communism was practiced or is practiced today...
They are a bunch of thugs behind closed doors who tell or told the masses do as I say or you are goner.........The word torture is a scary word, many in China or any Commy land are tortured and killed in secrecy every day on the altar of peace and democracy..

Uhm ... Sock? Have you been paying a lot of attention to how great capitalism is doing for mankind? Both serve some master somewhere near the top of the heap.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Uhm ... Sock? Have you been paying a lot of attention to how great capitalism is doing for mankind? Both serve some master somewhere near the top of the heap.

Good day LW, the mistakes of capitalism have come home to roost all over the globe.
Capitalism is the reason your ancestors and my came to North America....
No Political party has the right to torture human beings......
China is on record killing its people rather then reform, the Ruskis the same, North Korea the same....
In North America there is deferent type of killing if you don't comply. The IRS or the tax man has made many commit suicide.... a different type of torture…

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Good day LW, the mistakes of capitalism have come home to roost all over the globe.
Capitalism is the reason your ancestors and my came to North America....
No Political party has the right to torture human beings......
China is on record killing its people rather then reform, the Ruskis the same, North Korea the same....
In North America there is deferent type of killing if you don't comply. The IRS or the tax man has made many commit suicide.... a different type of torture…

The death penalty wasn't abolished all that long ago ... and how humane is slow starvation and having no doctor when you're medically disabled? No ... it's not mass murder or anything but when the shoe is on your foot, it takes on a whole other perspective.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Zzarchov
House Member Posts: 3,585

8 hours ago

And here is another version of the "6 cops killer "

Killer of 6 Shanghai cops put to death
+ - 08:56, November 27, 2008
The Xinhua News Agency said the Supreme People's Court ratified Yang's death sentence on Friday.

The sentence was passed by the Shanghai intermediate court three months ago, and later upheld by the Shanghai high court.

Yang, 28, died by lethal injection.

The exact time was not given.

Yang's mother, Wang Jingmei, visited him on Monday at Shanghai's Tilanqiao Prison, a lawyer close to the family, Liu Xiaoyuan, said.

On the morning of July 1, Yang, wearing a mask, and armed with a bottle of gasoline, a knife and a hammer, broke into the Shanghai Zhabei district police station.

A video recording shows him stabbing four policemen within seven seconds in a room on the first floor of the station.

The recording was played during his trial.

Before being seized on the 21st floor of the building, Yang had stabbed two others to death and injured four.

A forensic psychiatric assessment showed that Yang was of sound mind, the court said.

Yang reportedly had a grievance against the Shanghai police because he was questioned at length for riding an unlicensed bicycle last October.

He claimed he had been abused and taken to a police station where he was beaten.

Yang later filed complaints for mental suffering. The claim was rejected.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Or maybe their reflexes aren't that of robots, and they could not react quickly enough.