Harper Saw It Coming

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Stephen Harper says he saw this economic mess coming over seven months ago.

Thanks for ringing the alarm Steve!

Harper is starting to sound like a certain Alaskan politician and the politician down south who claimed to have invented the internet!

With his background, no doubt.
Probably got it from his good buddy Georgie.

Neither are fools...but calculating.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Stephen Harper says he saw this economic mess coming over seven months ago.

Thanks for ringing the alarm Steve!

Harper is starting to sound like a certain Alaskan politician and the politician down south who claimed to have invented the internet!

Has it occured to you that "ringing the alarm" is exactly the wrong thing to do?

"OMG! The market is going to crash!" is the epitome of the self-fulfilling prophecy.

Not that I believe that he guessed anything........

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Ummm...most people who pay any attention to the markets knew something like this was coming. I didn't expect it to be quite as severe as it has been, but it certainly came as no surprise.

Haven't you been paying any attention to the ABCP mess over the last year? And the US mortgage crash, which has done two things: one, stalled the housing and renovation business, and all who depend on it, and two, cause a huge tightening of available credit, which has caused major problems with may businesses, large and small, when they try to access or gain credit.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Has it occured to you that "ringing the alarm" is exactly the wrong thing to do?

"OMG! The market is going to crash!" is the epitome of the self-fulfilling prophecy.

Not that I believe that he guessed anything........

Price of commodities, gasoline and gold goes nuts? Airlines falter and fail? Industry moves offshore? Mortgages operate on the brink to encourage real estate to move ... and these great men of money and captains of industry couldn't see something was going down? My daddy told me never to step in that. Harper knew ... and that's why he opted for an early election ... to got those most favourable terms for himself. Too bad for him he screwed up and it all fell about his ears. To bad for us it missed landing right on him.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Price of commodities, gasoline and gold goes nuts? Airlines falter and fail? Industry moves offshore? Mortgages operate on the brink to encourage real estate to move ... and these great men of money and captains of industry couldn't see something was going down? My daddy told me never to step in that. Harper knew ... and that's why he opted for an early election ... to got those most favourable terms for himself. Too bad for him he screwed up and it all fell about his ears. To bad for us it missed landing right on him.
You are full of it...