Drugs yes-Tobacco no

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
'The U.S. government sounded the alarm earlier this month because THC in American marijuana has doubled to 9.6 percent since 1983, and it warned of recent scientific findings linking the drug to mental problems."

Cough Hack coughcoughcoughhackhack ssppiiiitut, wah kinna metal probelms?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Here's an interesting little nugget to those who support the war on drugs:

"But cannabis abuse in Holland ranks somewhere in the middle compared to other nations and is lower than in the U.S., France and England, according to statistics compiled by the United Nations' Office on Drugs and Crime."

^ If one needs more evidence then that, I don't know what to tell ya.

"The U.S. government sounded the alarm earlier this month because THC in American marijuana has doubled to 9.6 percent since 1983, and it warned of recent scientific findings linking the drug to mental problems."

^ I'll believe it when the research is done by a country that doesn't have a very open agenda against it. Since the US has already spent just about a century (Give or take a decade) on lying and bullsh*tting the world on the harms of Marijuana, and their continued desire to lie and bullsh*t the world to suit their own agendas..... they can suck my puppy tail.

"The Dutch government, currently led by a conservative coalition with a religious bent, is slowly squeezing back the number of coffee shops by not renewing licenses when shops close.

Growers are arrested, leaving coffee shop owners struggling to obtain their main product."

Stupid religious wing nuts.... they didn't explain any ligit reason why they're doing this, except perhaps for their own morals.... idiots..... that's religion for you.... always ruining a good thing.

"German tourist Lars Schmit said lamented the possible end of an era.

Without coffee shops, he said, "a little bit of Amsterdam will die."

Indeed it will....

Canada will have to step up to the plate then.... being the country with the largest amount of pot smokers and all. :twisted:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
'The U.S. government sounded the alarm earlier this month because THC in American marijuana has doubled to 9.6 percent since 1983, and it warned of recent scientific findings linking the drug to mental problems."

Cough Hack coughcoughcoughhackhack ssppiiiitut, wah kinna metal probelms?

an inability to concentrate, a lack of motivation, occasional extreme anxiety, social isolation, paranoia.....

In heavy daily users, over years of use, there is a tendency to develop the symptoms of Schizophrenia....if at onset the user stops, these symptoms disappear, if they continue the tendency can become full-blown schizophrenia.

In other words, look in the mirror.....:lol:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
If pot is banned then so should alcohol be.

there's a word I'm looking for that would describe the policy on pot....um...let's see....it begins with h.....oh it's on the tip of my tongue....I'd ask Colpy but I don't think he knows the meaning of it.:lol:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
an inability to concentrate,

I can concentrate and focus a lot better on weed then not on it..... you make it sound like people turn into vegitables.... and while some have said that in the past, they also said you'd masturbate uncontrollably and run people over with your cars.

Unfounded, and I have never seen any evidence proving this.

a lack of motivation,

Funny, I get more creative and want to do all kinds of things..... that's the only time I have energy to wash the dishes.

occasional extreme anxiety,

I have never.... ever.... had that..... I can't even remember the last time I had anxiety over anything, before using marijuana or since I started over 10 years ago... so it's certainly not occasional, and certainly not true.

social isolation,

Wrong. I've always hated society as a whole.... marijuana had nothing to do with it.

paranoia.....

The only paranoia that occurs when smoking weed is the potiential of someone complaining about the smell down the apt. hall and calling the super or police.... if marijuana was legal, there wouldn't be any paranoia to begin with..... so also false.

In heavy daily users, over years of use, there is a tendency to develop the symptoms of Schizophrenia....if at onset the user stops, these symptoms disappear, if they continue the tendency can become full-blown schizophrenia.

Also a load of sh*t..... go ask Willie Nelson.... go ask 80% of the actors, musicians, artists out there who've been smoking it all their lives..... see how they're doing.

Nice try, but you'll have to try again.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
If pot is banned then so should alcohol be.

there's a word I'm looking for that would describe the policy on pot....um...let's see....it begins with h.....oh it's on the tip of my tongue....I'd ask Colpy but I don't think he knows the meaning of it.:lol:

Hypocracy?

Double-Standard?

Greed by allowing physically addictive drugs to be legal to gain more money from them, while keeping the non-physically addictive drugs locked away so there is not safe alternative when one wants to quit the physically addictive on, therefore having to put more money on such things as nicotine patches, gum, programs to attend, etc. etc.?

Oh wait, that was more then one word.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I can concentrate and focus a lot better on weed then not on it..... you make it sound like people turn into vegitables.... and while some have said that in the past, they also said you'd masturbate uncontrollably and run people over with your cars.

Unfounded, and I have never seen any evidence proving this.

Funny, I get more creative and want to do all kinds of things..... that's the only time I have energy to wash the dishes.

I have never.... ever.... had that..... I can't even remember the last time I had anxiety over anything, before using marijuana or since I started over 10 years ago... so it's certainly not occasional, and certainly not true.

Wrong. I've always hated society as a whole.... marijuana had nothing to do with it.

The only paranoia that occurs when smoking weed is the potiential of someone complaining about the smell down the apt. hall and calling the super or police.... if marijuana was legal, there wouldn't be any paranoia to begin with..... so also false.

Also a load of sh*t..... go ask Willie Nelson.... go ask 80% of the actors, musicians, artists out there who've been smoking it all their lives..... see how they're doing.

Nice try, but you'll have to try again.

Hey Praxius!

that was intended as a good-natured poke at DB.........although the effects I listed are correct, it sounds a whole lot worse than it is.

I think Marijuana should be legal. In moderation, it is much much less dangerous than either alcohol or tobacco.

In moderation........of course some people have to go overboard.

Light a joint with your coffee in the morning, smoke all day, and yes, sooner or later you get AFU.......same as alcohol,.......same as coffee fer God's sake.

Everything in moderation.

BTW, I was a heavy user for decades, I did have anxiety.........That's why I don't touch the stuff now.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
BTW, I was a heavy user for decades

Now that explains many things.:lol:

Does pot cause hair loss, the inability to smile and to lack the comprehension needed to understand the meaning of simple words?:lol:

Last edited:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Oh, some coward just jumped in my rep area and called me stupid without telling me who it was.

:lol::lol::lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Now that explains many things.:lol:

Does pot cause hair loss, the inability to smile and to lack the comprehension needed to understand the meaning of simple words?:lol:

First of all, I have a full head of hair, I just choose to shave my head.

Secondly, I am quite capable of smiling...... :) see?

Third.........I understand the English language. Regretably, I am unable to explain it to you. Something like trying to pump air into a tire that has a huge hole in it......

Fourth...once again, not me in your reps. I couldn't be bothered.

Fifth: Are you developing some kind of obsession with me? You are following me around........soon every time I post I'll have to introduce the following post as "Avro, aka my dog Spot" Are you having little wet dreams at night? If so, please seek help.

If not, grow up.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Would you like me to put you on ignore and never respond to you again?

I will, just say the word.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Would you like me to put you on ignore and never respond to you again?

I will, just say the word.

Fair enough.

Not really..........I don't mind a little back and forth, I just kinda get tired of being dogged.

Moderation in all things..........

How about only reply when you've actually got something to say about the subject at hand?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Then quit whining like a little bitch.

On second thought, you are obviously too emotionally immature to understand the concept of moderation or have the ability to simply address the issues....so, here's the word:

**** off Moron, I don't wish to hear from you again.

Thank you so much for your consideration.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
On second thought, you are obviously too emotionally immature to understand the concept of moderation or have the ability to simply address the issues....so, here's the word:

**** off Moron, I don't wish to hear from you again.

Thank you so much for your consideration.

Done.

Goodbye Colpy, have a good life.:wave:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC

I would like to see the study. I don't see how they could get a large enough sample from the community of marijuana users to make that conclusion. It sounds like a poor study, a biased conclusion and propaganda to me. That isn't to say that I don't think marijuana use couldn't cause mental problems (it certainly could) it's to say I doubt the study could have been large enough to make that conclusion.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
an inability to concentrate, a lack of motivation, occasional extreme anxiety, social isolation, paranoia.....

I actually read that heavy use of weed is classified as five or six joints every single day. I'm at two a day(work dayz) and usually five or ten on weekends. I would have to disagree with the lack of motivation thing, at least for me. I work hard all day, I go hiking all the time, I'm in shape, I've got lots of hobbies. I could see social isolation though. Social events tend to bore me. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......Best to go high......and get high while there.....and on the drive home. lol:lol: