Law and order............................

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Depends on the kid I guess. Thing is for all this get tough talk, it's always targeting the wrong people. There are people here to turn kids into monsters. The police and the government haven't the balls to touch them. And should some do gooder come along that makes an attempt at putting these sobs out of business, two things happen. Three quarters of the establishment cuts ties and gets as far away from the do gooder as they can without looking too obvious and the do gooder gets cut down so that business as usual can continue and the money keeps pouring in.

Now if the kid is connected to someone well then there is rehab and some sort of fixing up done so that it appears that something is being done. Mean while the little bugger is told to not be so careless as to get caught.

If it's some kid from the wrong side of the tracks, he's not worth the gas it costs to go over and pick him up.

So you tell me, who is running the circus and do we need a change in management?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Depends on the kid I guess. Thing is for all this get tough talk, it's always targeting the wrong people. There are people here to turn kids into monsters. The police and the government haven't the balls to touch them. And should some do gooder come along that makes an attempt at putting these sobs out of business, two things happen. Three quarters of the establishment cuts ties and gets as far away from the do gooder as they can without looking too obvious and the do gooder gets cut down so that business as usual can continue and the money keeps pouring in.

Now if the kid is connected to someone well then there is rehab and some sort of fixing up done so that it appears that something is being done. Mean while the little bugger is told to not be so careless as to get caught.

If it's some kid from the wrong side of the tracks, he's not worth the gas it costs to go over and pick him up.

So you tell me, who is running the circus and do we need a change in management?
It appears when management fails miserably, we end up with a total mess...
Money for the military we have, money for health, education, and social infrastructure we don't have the money, hey the other day I run across some info I posted on one of the threads, and it was about Canada having an infrastructure deficit in the tune of $125Million dollars......
What gets me about Harper is that he is pro life and at the end he is real hard on the fact the a kid gets in serous problem with the law and we throw the 14 year old in jail for 20 years ......now to me that is rely stupid....

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
It appears when management fails miserably, we end up with a total mess...
Money for the military we have, money for health, education, and social infrastructure we don't have the money, hey the other day I run across some info I posted on one of the threads, and it was about Canada having an infrastructure deficit in the tune of $125Million dollars......
What gets me about Harper is that he is pro life and at the end he is real hard on the fact the a kid gets in serous problem with the law and we throw the 14 year old in jail for 20 years ......now to me that is rely stupid....
Where did you dream up this 20 years?? What was the crime?

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
If it's twenty years it'll be a doozie. And if it's twenty years there will be a record of other wonderful contributions to mankind on the kid's record. Harper's concerned about serious cases. Scaremongering doesn't help.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Not one politician seems to see that there is a real call from the public to have violent offenders, treated with the gloves off while those who don't physically harm anyone need to make restitution for what they have done. How ever long that takes.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The only way to rehabilitate a 14 year old is boot camp.

If the parents are unable or unwilling to do what is right then the problem kids have to be sent to a military type institution until they learn why you should follow societies rules.

The kids have to learn respect.

If they don’t, will be a constant scourge on society.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

If the parents are unable or unwilling to do what is right then the problem kids have to be sent to a military type institution until they learn why you should follow societies rules.

How do you this is fact?

How many have been rehabilitated without boot camp?

Do you even know?

Do you even care?

Did you just make it up?

Show me numbers please, I'd like to see the facts that you just based your opinion on.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

I agree! Well something quite like boot camp anyway. Once a kid has become a violent offender the parents have lost any control they might have had over the kid. It's time for the village to step up and intervene.

But I don't like the warehousing idea that is incorporated into the system right now. Some kids don't need to simply be segregated, they need to be inspired. Shown how to make a lasting effort that brings in success in the endeavors that make up their lives. Once someone has something to lose, they become of a mind to put in that extra effort.

One of the best ways to teach someone respect is not to hit them, but to show them that you don't need to hit them.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
What's wrong with military service to knock the edges off unruly youth?

Not necessarily in combat, but some peaceful role like disaster relief or reconstruction?

Good day to you North boy, two exhalent ways to help youth in difficulty respecting authority..