Why They Hate China

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Hi;
that's a long article, I only read part of it. I don't believe Nancy Pelosi hates the Chinese people. That is nonsense, imo. She more likely resents the fact that China offers cheaper labour the Americans can't compete with. She may also resent the fact, like her Neocon colleges for sure do, that China is a communist country, has enough human rights violations AND now fights over Tibet!
Personally, I find that childish, because the Americans surely don't carry a clean bill of goody-two-shoes around either!

Look, I came up with another article, because I couldn't believe the first one. The title is... The Neocons on China
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]William Kristol and Robert Kagan call for Congress to reject Permanent Normal Trade Relations with China.

[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Of course there are disgruntled union workers who hope to exploit war fever to boost their wages at the expense of American consumers. Their target is the desire of American consumers to buy quality products at cheap prices. What they want are tariffs, which is to say taxes, on imports from countries that threaten their monopoly position.

[/FONT] [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Might there be any solid reason for the US to have normal trade relations with the world’s most populous country, an ancient, high civilization that has set a record in our time for economic reform and growth? It comes down to two words: peace and prosperity. Trade with China is integral to achieving both.

The warmongers must not be permitted to rob us of this opportunity.
[/FONT]
http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/china1.html
----------------------------------------------------
I hope the Americans will come to their senses and stop this itty bitty nitty gritty game playing!

My worry is that China, after this latest disaster, won't be able to pull off the Olympics.
What do you think, ShintoMale?

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
China will not bow down to protests form Westeners
No, they shouldn't.

But tell me, where do you see protests? Nobody is protesting, except in some place where the Olympic flame came through, and that was against the treatment of Tibet. It's dumb of these hot-heads, because what do the Olympics have to do with it? Nothing!

China has a different culture and mentality than the West. But that doesn't mean they are inferior or more murderous. The West has much to improve yet!!!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No, they shouldn't.

But tell me, where do you see protests? Nobody is protesting, except in some place where the Olympic flame came through, and that was against the treatment of Tibet. It's dumb of these hot-heads, because what do the Olympics have to do with it? Nothing!

China has a different culture and mentality than the West. But that doesn't mean they are inferior or more murderous. The West has much to improve yet!!!

Uh-huh.

This is what drives me crazy.
http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE2.HTM
Since the Civil War, the Chinese Communist Party has been responsible for approximately 76 million deaths in China. That's 76,000,000. That is double the number of their own civilians what the USSR under Stalin and the Germans under Hitler managed to kill, and they were mixed up in a world war. China has been at peace.......

But "the WEST has much to improve"

uh-huh.

And I just listened to Barack Obama going on about MCCain saying that he (McCain) would not negotiate with enemies......and Barack criticized him, pointing out how wonderful Nixon's visit to China was....

uh-huh.

Yep. Wonderful. Opened up recognition for a regime that has been by far the worst bunch of mass murderers on earth.

Great.

Gave them the opening to exploit.....to increase their power and influence, to build their economic power by leaps and bounds, to match that with the expansion of their military power, to abandon democratic Taiwan (diplomatically) and to make war between the west and China practically inevitable.

GOOD PLAN!

Probably the dumbest, not to say the nastiest, thing Nixon did in office.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
~~Probably the dumbest, not to say the nastiest, thing Nixon did in office.~~

That's the one time Republicans could never pin the blame on Democrats.;)

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Why They Hate China
I dont think people hate China ,rather they don't know to much about this large country.After all for many years China was hiding behind a physical and then political wall.By politicall I don't mean "communist",there is no communism in China.

Last edited:

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
I fear China has already hardened a well-developed nationalistic ego like Germany, like the USA, and this manifest destiny mythology most potently held by the chattering classes, the elite, is what will makes this country, China, impervious to any outside advice.

By the way, I just again saw The Last Emperor. Great show. Informative.

That's China's Dr Zhivago.

I was particularly fascinated by the mature intelligence of the Communist leader of the prison who was in charge of re-educating this last emporer. This communist leader bit by bit forced the emporer to consider how spoiled he was, and that he should accept responsibility for his errors in judgement. At one point the Prison leader says, You thought you were better than everyone else. Now you think you are worse than everyone else. You could not have known the Japanese medical experiments. Why did you sign the document claiming blame for that ?

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
And I think China has come a long way. What we all forget is the fact how huge it is and how many ethnic groups it houses. A certain iron grip was necessary. But now that China has opened up and modernized and is eager to trade with the world, their regime is not as rigid anymore.

They probably have realized how wrong their handling of the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 was. The whole world was in horror and shock, and it hurt China immensely.

Colpy... sometimes one has to move on and not warm up old potatoes over and over! If you want to do body counts, then don't forget Stalin!!! And don't forget the Americans murdered how many Natives of North-America??? That was probably the worst genocide since Adam and Eve.
Each country has its ghosts hidden in their closets. Does it matter how many?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Colpy... sometimes one has to move on and not warm up old potatoes over and over! If you want to do body counts, then don't forget Stalin!!! And don't forget the Americans murdered how many Natives of North-America??? That was probably the worst genocide since Adam and Eve.
Each country has its ghosts hidden in their closets. Does it matter how many?

I totally agree Colpy, it's so easy to hurl criticizm around the world, while not paying
attention to your own nastiness of the past.
Canada has a little more than 30 million people, pretty easty to organize, I would be
interested to see how we would take care of 'more than' one billion as china has, not an
easy task.
China seems to be doing quite well, definitely making her move in the world, and until
we all (in the west) clean up our own dirty laundry, we shouldn't look down on them,
as they are too busy looking after their billions, to be bothered by what we are doing
here, especially the u.s., who is moving much slower than china, and china has so much
of the u.s. debt that they are becoming more powerful financially as time passes.
I wonder how the u.s. will ever repay that debt, or how they will ever come out of
debt period, as their poor choices re: iraq war which is sucking their money at a very
fast pace, is dragging them down quickly.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Does China still hate Japan ?

I mean, why should they?

The Japanese only murdered 8 million Chinese civilians 1937-45.

The Communist Party managed almost 10 times that number since 1949............without a war!

And the Chinese people seem to LOVE the Communist Party......

Man, I too LOVE the Chinese gov't!

All I desire is their success in the face of Western Imperialism......

(sarcasm alert!)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I mean, why should they?

The Japanese only murdered 8 million Chinese civilians 1937-45.

The Communist Party managed almost 10 times that number since 1949............without a war!

And the Chinese people seem to LOVE the Communist Party......

Man, I too LOVE the Chinese gov't!

All I desire is their success in the face of Western Imperialism......

(sarcasm alert!)

Apparently yours isn't doing so well....

Woof!