Peanut Butter: a weapon for bullies

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Since these children have potentially life-threatening allergies, bullies who try and use it on these kids should be faced with criminal charges. And I don't mean the normal lily-livered slap-on-the-wrist kinds that bullies normally get.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Maybe it's time for schools to start educating students about just how serious such actions can be. This is ridiculous. How malicious we can be to each other sometimes. :-(

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Maybe it's time for schools to start educating students about just how serious such actions can be. This is ridiculous. How malicious we can be to each other sometimes. :-(

Honestly, they can educate these "kids" until they are blue in the face and it won't make a lick of difference. Until that person realizes themselves that what they are doing can kill someone else then that person will not change. Hopefully they will realize this before they actually do kill someone accidentally, as not all bullies remain bullies forever. That would be something that they would have to live with all their lives(and rightfully so).:-(

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I can't help but suspect that the parents of these bullies are the same ones who refuse to comply with the peanut butter rules in their schools and scoff at the notion that their child should have to change their diet at all. The ones that repeatedly make light of the gravity of the situation in front of their kids.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I can't help but suspect that the parents of these bullies are the same ones who refuse to comply with the peanut butter rules in their schools and scoff at the notion that their child should have to change their diet at all. The ones that repeatedly make light of the gravity of the situation in front of their kids.

You may be right, Karrie. However, sometimes bullies are just bullies by themselves. They may do this to lash out against someone smaller than them since their parents are bigger than them and are always telling them what they can and can't do.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula

It's not always about malice, actually, it's just that few people who don't suffer from allergies can really realize or believe what a kind of dangers allergic people encounter everyday. If you've been eating peanut butter all your life, it would be hard to believe that I might die after having just one bite. And sometimes people just don't believe that things are that bad, and it concerns adults as well as children. I can give an example. My mother has a terrible allergy to soy and soy products, it's just as strong as my nut allergy is. So, once when we were on a picnic with some of our friends, several years ago, one woman gave my mother some soy sausages, NOT telling her that this was soy. She meant no harm. She just didn't believe my mother was really allergic, so she thought she could demonstrate that soy's all right. Needless to say, my mother found that plot out after just one bite :x And that was a grown up, clever woman, a prominent member of her church... What to expect of small kids?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Bullies use peanut butter to threaten kids with allergies

Parents of kids with severe allergies say their kids are increasingly facing threats of being touched
or worse, forced to eat the food they have spent their lives avoiding....

Son, if that bully threatens your life again with that stuff, here's my gun.... threaten his life with a bullet.... call it self defense.

And thus, school shootings were invented, and all was good in the world.

Last edited:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Peanut butter as a deadly weapon? I can see this being used in certain grocery store robberies instead of the syringe:smile: Skippy is my fave brand.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It's not always about malice, actually, it's just that few people who don't suffer from allergies can really realize or believe what a kind of dangers allergic people encounter everyday. If you've been eating peanut butter all your life, it would be hard to believe that I might die after having just one bite. And sometimes people just don't believe that things are that bad, and it concerns adults as well as children. I can give an example. My mother has a terrible allergy to soy and soy products, it's just as strong as my nut allergy is. So, once when we were on a picnic with some of our friends, several years ago, one woman gave my mother some soy sausages, NOT telling her that this was soy. She meant no harm. She just didn't believe my mother was really allergic, so she thought she could demonstrate that soy's all right. Needless to say, my mother found that plot out after just one bite :x And that was a grown up, clever woman, a prominent member of her church... What to expect of small kids?

You may be correct for most of the bullies. However, there may be a few that don't care one way or the other.

And I am quite glad to hear that your mom did not suffer any serious harm, Vereya.:-(