Hairy armpits...chinchilla?

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
'Pretty Woman' star Julia Roberts has admitted she doesn't use deodorant, but has defended her armpit hygiene.

Julia Roberts doesn't wear deodorant.
The 'Pretty Woman' actress admits she doesn't use underarm hygiene products and relies on old-fashioned soap and water to keep her armpits fresh.
Speaking to US talk show host Oprah Winfrey, she said: "I don't actually use deodorant. I don't like to share that with a lot of people, but it's just never been my thing."
Roberts, 40, previously caused an armpit uproar in 1999 after she turned up to the UK premiere of romantic comedy 'Notting Hill' with hair poking out of the sleeves of her dress.
The mother-of-three, who insists she freshens up at midday when she is working, couldn't understand the furore over her hairy armpits at the time.
She said: "You'd think it was like I had a chinchilla under there, the way the world responded."

http://celebedge.sympatico.msn.ca/Ju...abc&date=False
------------------------------------------------------------------
I have always been suspicious of antiperspirants, but have used plain, unscented deodorants. Besides, I wash myself everyday.
As for shaving, what for? It's been probably more than a year I did that. There is hardly any hair there nowadays....an advantage of old age!!;-)
How about you, Ladies and Gents? Got chinchillas under your arms???:lol::lol:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
When Julia showed up on the set.....(according to the newspapers at the time), the general focus of conversation was on the movie, etc. etc.. Jules let the armpit hair out, :pukeleft: ,and the world totally focused on her.......8O Not her intention, I'm sure. Being a Hollywood actress, she would never try to grab the spotlight.......:roll:

Women I've been associated with, shower or bathe every day, use deo, and shave their armpits and legs. Much appreciated from this males point of view.

I understand in some countries in Europe, the custom is to go hairy.

Whatever turns you on.................

:sad1:yuck

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Personally, unless you're the one in bed with her, I don't see where anyone gets a say in the length of her armpit hair but her. As for deodorant, well, I know people who use it who still stink to high heaven because they think it means they don't have to be as conscientious, so, it's not the be all and end all. If she stays on top of them, that's all the matters. Not plastering herself in carcinogenic crap that we've been convinced is better than washing seems like a smart move.

johai

Time Out
Mar 23, 2008
Canada - Golden Triangle
'Pretty Woman' star Julia Roberts has admitted she doesn't use deodorant, but has defended her armpit hygiene.

Julia Roberts doesn't wear deodorant.
The 'Pretty Woman' actress admits she doesn't use underarm hygiene products and relies on old-fashioned soap and water to keep her armpits fresh.
Speaking to US talk show host Oprah Winfrey, she said: "I don't actually use deodorant. I don't like to share that with a lot of people, but it's just never been my thing."
Roberts, 40, previously caused an armpit uproar in 1999 after she turned up to the UK premiere of romantic comedy 'Notting Hill' with hair poking out of the sleeves of her dress.
The mother-of-three, who insists she freshens up at midday when she is working, couldn't understand the furore over her hairy armpits at the time.
She said: "You'd think it was like I had a chinchilla under there, the way the world responded."

http://celebedge.sympatico.msn.ca/Ju...abc&date=False
------------------------------------------------------------------
I have always been suspicious of antiperspirants, but have used plain, unscented deodorants. Besides, I wash myself everyday.
As for shaving, what for? It's been probably more than a year I did that. There is hardly any hair there nowadays....an advantage of old age!!;-)
How about you, Ladies and Gents? Got chinchillas under your arms???:lol::lol:
As a guy I think the choice is up to the individual. I do not sweat from the armpits, never have. Feet ,yes.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
As for deodorant, well, I know people who use it who still stink to high heaven because they think it means they don't have to be as conscientious

In australia they call the process of applying deodorant to a dirty armpit a "pommie shower". Pommie, for those of you who don't know, is australian slang for british people.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I got a chuckle when I read that she didn't want to share that tidbit with a lot of people, yet she said this on Oprah, which I'm sure has a huge viewership.:lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If you go to a country where they don't use deodorant, you don't smelll people after the first couple days. It's like living in a town with a pulp mill.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Well I just hope we can remain dear friends after all the banning.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Imagine the stench of, say, London England, during the (pick one) century.......15 16 17 16 19..........

I wouldn't survive there for an hour.

Tis puke-making even to mentally dwell on it.

Even for spam this thread is xxxked.

:confused3::puke:

sweetsymphony

May 13, 2011
Not wearing deodorant should be against the law!! I'm sorry to all the tree hugging hippie men and women but I don't want to smell your Vile beast like pits. You may not think you smell but man... Also not to offend but people, is it that difficult to shave your armpits? don't even get me started on women who don't shave their legs. We are not wildebeest people. If Canada was filled with daily showerers (I know no such word) and deodorant users, what a wonderful fresh smelling country it would be. And don't give me that "oh men don't have to shave propaganda"..I don't like hairy beast like men either..wax is a beautiful thing :) end rant

sweetsymphony

May 13, 2011
It's certainly not my business, and I'm certain it's not yours, whether someone shaves their armpits on not.

What is wrong with you people?
No it's not my business but I don't like a hairy armpit hanging over my head on the way to work. Some people are Anti War I'm Anti Hair. One day my movement will catch on...one day