What do you use to fill in your day...

johai

Time Out
Mar 23, 2008
Canada - Golden Triangle
Good Morning and a Good Day to All

We have various ways of organizing what we do on a daily basis. There are our brains, day timers, PDAs , notes that we can put into our cell phones or tasks into our computers, notations on calendars, sticky notes on our monitors and notes attached to our fridges with an assortment of magnets.
Some years ago I received a beautiful leather binder as a gift from Day Timer with six months of pages and I decided to use it to note things to be done, doctors appointments, trips to the vet, deadlines etc.
When computers made their way into our homes I started to make my notes there but after a while I personally found it to be a pain. So I returned to putting pen or pencil to the pages in my Day Timer again and found that I tended not to re-schedule or postpone or procrastinate.
So what do you use to keep things moving in your life?

Regards,
Johai

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
everything goes on the calendar. everyday is a new beginning, literally, for me, and it's
not because of anything profound that happened in my life to snap me into the reality
of what life means, it's just, 'who I am.'

I have to have a plan every morning, and it's a good thing, cause my husband has no plans,
and I'm so glad I'm not like that or, well, just guess, we would hang around all day, with nothing to do, but,
we don't waste a minute, because I absorb it all in, all day, each and every minute, and at
the end of the day, when the evening begins, relaxation comes naturally, and is welcomed.

So, I guess the answer to the question, for me is,MY MENTAL ENERGY AND ZEST FOR LIFE, although, I might,add, no skydiving or hangliding, or bungy jumping, it is the 'little' things in life that make me happy.;-)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
everything goes on the calendar. everyday is a new beginning, literally, for me, and it's
not because of anything profound that happened in my life to snap me into the reality
of what life means, it's just, 'who I am.'

I have to have a plan every morning, and it's a good thing, cause my husband has no plans,
and I'm so glad I'm not like that or, well, just guess, we would hang around all day, with nothing to do, but,
we don't waste a minute, because I absorb it all in, all day, each and every minute, and at
the end of the day, when the evening begins, relaxation comes naturally, and is welcomed.

So, I guess the answer to the question, for me is,MY MENTAL ENERGY AND ZEST FOR LIFE, although, I might,add, no skydiving or hangliding, or bungy jumping, it is the 'little' things in life that make me happy.;-)

:blob8::thumbright::blob::blob3::blob4::blob5:Woooohooo, Talloola; Sounds great!!!!. Can I have some of your attitude??

Since my short term ain't as good as it used to was, I keep a journal on the bedside table, and anything that should/has/I want/wife wants to do (that last one there, it's important), gets written down, and there be the plans for the next day, or the next, if they don't get done on the next day...........you with me so far?

Grocery lists, food specials, kids' clothing sales, (grandkids), all get added to the "journal". Hey, it's not the bible, just a reference point. Helps to get organized eh?

Plus, we use a calendar with whackin big squares to denote important events such as Dr.'s appointments, birthdays, doggy's trip to the vet, and etc.

There ya be. Not too excitin, but it gets us through.

........8O:compress:Where'd I put my watch??

:read2:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
everytime I try to organize, it lasts all of a week and then I'm back to flying by the seat of my pants.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I prefer to let the day fill me.
Gimme five, Beaver!! We have something in common!! Youhue!!:lol:
Let's dance...
:lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Microsoft Outlook reminds me of anything important to do during my day, or I will write notes to my self in Microsoft Notepad, emailing them between work and home.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
everytime I try to organize, it lasts all of a week and then I'm back to flying by the seat of my pants.

I'm not really super organized at all. But I do write everything on the calendar, so I won't
forget.
I don't plan in the long term at all, in the evening, or next morning, what that day will be
about.
When my kids were growing up, we had such a tight schedule, as they were on many sports teams and gymnastics, dancing etc. (far too much, now that I look back, but we had
lots of fun), we had no choice but to be organized, as the times for everything locked
up our week. We loved all of that acivity, but now that I'm older, I wonder how we did
it. Much more mental energy back then.
Whatever makes one happy, is what is best, now that we are retired, I can't stand
being around the house much, so I get things done at home, and out we go, to fill
the day with whatever plan I have thought up, (lunch here, golf there, a walk, some shopping, out of town driving, pick up grandchildren sometimes from school), and on
it goes, 'just life'.

Lennie

Time Out
Apr 3, 2008
on the road to Falkirk
Well for the longest time I was into using a daily journal but since I got my laptop and all its toys to record notes, appts, things to buy and bells and whistles that go off as programmed most of the time my laptop rules my day and that's fine with me.