Light Snow????

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yesterday the forecast was a forty percent chance of light snow or flurries. When I looked out this morning we had a foot and a half, and it's still coming down. I haven't seen this much snow for forty years and never, in Nanaimo.
I know that in lots of places in Canada, this kind of snowfall is either normal or not unheard of but in Nanaimo, on the south east coast of Vancouver Island., it is a shock.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
8O Sorry to hear it Juan - we were supposed to get light snow too - and this morning there is indeed a light skiff of snow on the ground - a good wind might blow it away but with -10 temps I don't think it's gonna melt very quickly. Spring is at it again with her coy little ways...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Morning Zan....Merry Christmas...:roll::lol:

The place looks like a Christmas card...But Damn it, it is the middle of April. The snow plow just left a five foot wall across the end of the driveway that probably won't take more than an hour or so to shovel................After I get the rest of the driveway shovelled............I may just go back to bed......Maybe it will rain.....8O:smile:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yeah, melted....That's a good idea....:smile:

This is the forecast for today and tonight:

"Flurries or rain showers ending early this afternoon then cloudy with sunny periods and 60 percent chance of flurries or rain showers. Local snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Windy. High 6. ".

That's exactly what they said yesterday......I wonder what they got in Cambell River where Kreskin is? That's about a hundred and fifty klicks north of us.....Misery loves company...;-):smile:

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
Why couldn't it have happened a few days ago? Then the exams at Mala would have been cancelled :) I'm in Nanaimo too... had no idea it was going to snow at all. And to make things worse... the power was out for about 2 hours when we first woke up... so we made coffee on the camp stove -_-

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
AmberEyes
Anyone who has to get out and do something in this mess has my sympathy.

When we bought this house we thought the 70 foot driveway was kind of neat. That thought has definitely changed.

eh1eh

You have me there. Nature got even with me......:smile:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I thought were joking when you posted about the snow. It's a little cool up here but that's about it.

Not this time..The snowfall warning is still up and the forecast is exactly what it was yesterday. Actually, they are calling for flurries for the next few days. Right now it is a few degrees above freezing and the snow is constantly falling from the trees. If all this melts over the next couple days there could be some flooding down the hill from us.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I feel your pain Juan - apparently all week is gonna suck here. bleurgh. :idea:

Hey. I've decided to just knock down the pile of snow that the snowplow left across the end of the driveway. I will at least be able to get the car out if we have to. If we got two more snowfalls like this a year, I would buy a snow blower. On the other hand, if I bought a snow blower, we probably wouldn't get any snow. Maybe the neighbors would chip in....;-):lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Without wanting to drag us into that argument.....There is a difference between climate and weather. This is weather....

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Hi Juan :p

Karma, baby !!

How's yer goddam tulips now??

Ours is up and lookin good. Lawn's raked, robins are gettin worms.

Snowman time again??.................:p

Sorry to hear of your second winter................:bootyshake:

:bunny:Oh look, there's a bunny on my GREEN lawn...............

Think I'll take a walk across the GRASS and take a closer look:walk:

Enjoy!:laughing6:(I don't get a chance like this too often........)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hi Juan :p

Karma, baby !!

How's yer goddam tulips now??

Ours is up and lookin good. Lawn's raked, robins are gettin worms.

Snowman time again??.................:p

Sorry to hear of your second winter................:bootyshake:

:bunny:Oh look, there's a bunny on my GREEN lawn...............

Think I'll take a walk across the GRASS and take a closer look:walk:

Enjoy!:laughing6:(I don't get a chance like this too often........)

Hey. I have all those things.(except the bunny) I just can't see them right now....And we had robins yesterday....Don't know where they went...The little cowards:roll::smile::smile: