Who and what age?

johai

Time Out
Mar 23, 2008
Canada - Golden Triangle
A Good Morning to All and a Fine Day,

This may strike a nerve in some of you.
Who first explained the facts of life to you?
And this was at what age?

Be truthful now,
Johai :<) 8O8O8O8O8O8O8O

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Good day to you as well Johai!

What are these "facts of life" you're asking about?

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Well, it was probably my 7 year old neighbour when I was 5, but she did mix a few things up. I can't tell you how disgusted I was when she told me my dad peed in my mom to make me.... Considering I'm adopted, it couldn't be further from the truth:)

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
for some unknown reason i asked my babysitter, probably around the age of 4ish. she told me the basics and then checked with my mum to see if that was OK by her. I remember her because she was born without fingernails.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Seriously, we had a big, thick, medical journal of some kind that I read with a few friends when I was about five or six years old. The book had graphic pictures of all the body parts involved and it explained in detail how every thing worked. That was the theory. It was another seven or eight years until I was able to investigate the practical aspects of this miracle with a young lady who was a year or two older than me. I won't go into detail.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I'm still waiting for someone to teach me!!!

The practical side of it I learned from my husband!! It was fun - I liked practicing!!!

jenn

Electoral Member
Jan 13, 2008
they were never explained.. I had to find out all on my own.. I discussed them with my kids at a young age with the help of a book "where did I come from" which is another story..lol..

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Genitalia, all the proper names were explained before I can remember. Personal privacy, the same, as well as the normalcy of, yet need to keep masturbation private.

Puberty and sex were being explained by about 8 years old, in fairly basic terms, and then were explained in deeper detail as time went on.

My kids have gotten about the same outline.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Hey Durka g'day!

No Hustler when I was a kid...but there were Simpsons catalogues....lingerie sections....

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Howdy Durk..:)

Not initially...but as time went on....

One had to be careful since today's entertainment became tomorrows Delsey...if you get what I mean..:)

johai

Time Out
Mar 23, 2008
Canada - Golden Triangle
Well in my case it was my sister (seven years older than me) who filled me in at the age of 13. She told me all about it and a lot more (probably from experience) and that when with a young lady it was for the lady to make the first move. Everything was a "GO" except getting "IN"volved.
I was also told about safes or "kapots" as we called them and periods and IUDs. Also to know all you could about whom you were with i.e., STDs. She was very graphic about what women wanted and what they thought that their guys wanted. Of course the standard line "never get into trouble" was often used.
Seems like a century ago but the explanation was sound and it worked. I have often thanked her for that.

All of your replies are appreciated and I thank you.
Curiosity though can be a pain.
Best Regards to those who have responded,
Johai

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
C'mon Juan!

The devils in the details.....:)

All right you voyeur...
The most important thing this girl taught me was that orgasm was not automatic for both parties. I don't know if she is still around.....I haven't seen her for many years...

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
9 or 10 yrs old - a summons to the kitchen table by my mother to partake in an awkward and somewhat clinical explanation of what I could soon expect my young body to go through... I recall telling her I'd already gotten the full scoop in health class... I'm sure the relief on both our faces at being able to end that little tete a tete was palpable.... what I remember most from that convo is the many admonitions to beware the multitude of clever tricks boys will engage in to 'get what they want'.

ohhhh those tricky tricky boys.:p