Im here I'm there get used to it.

Lithp

Electoral Member
Mar 16, 2005
Hi, I'm a handicapped dyslexic black lesbian Hebrew with a thpeech impediment. Hire me and you got all your bases covered.

But seriously......isn't the beauty of an online forum the fact that you are judged by your opinions instead of your particular uniqueness (as you see it) ?

I enjoy reading the debates on this forum.I post very little but read often. I keep my mouth shut in other words.perhaps i should be doing so now....

But um... is there really a need to post the way in which one conducts sexual activity or preference and then demand that we get used to it? Isn't that private?

Praxius said it best...we're all equal. so why keep on bringing it up?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Oh, is this about Bear's thread?

lol! That makes a certain amount of sense now.

Bear's purpose for bringing it up had nothing to do with his actual sexuality. He's as straight as the day is long (oh wait a minute, that changes season to season... lol), but his point was to illuminate the change in attitudes so often seen when someone comes out of the closet or is shoved out of it.

I think he had a valid point, and it was an interesting thread.

And is it 'private' if you're gay? Really? I don't think it is. It's hand holding walking down the street and buying sheet sets together and sitting together in a theater sharing a popcorn. you can guarantee the day I ever start dating a woman, I'll be on with at least one thread explaining how the people of the world had better get used to my orientation.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Like most things, sexual orientation is only an issue if you've got some difficulty with it...

Fear mongering is behind most prejudices and sexuality and 'gender preference' is no different.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Hi, I'm a handicapped dyslexic black lesbian Hebrew with a thpeech impediment. Hire me and you got all your bases covered.

But seriously......isn't the beauty of an online forum the fact that you are judged by your opinions instead of your particular uniqueness (as you see it) ?

I enjoy reading the debates on this forum.I post very little but read often. I keep my mouth shut in other words.perhaps i should be doing so now....

But um... is there really a need to post the way in which one conducts sexual activity or preference and then demand that we get used to it? Isn't that private?

Praxius said it best...we're all equal. so why keep on bringing it up?

Yay! I'm an example!!

But I never understood it either obviously. If someone's sexual preferences are different then my own, and it has no effect on my life in anyway, then to what reason should I get used to it? I don't care..... good fer ya, here's a rainbow and some sunshine.

Unles someone plans on making a move on me, grab my crotch or try and jam your genitals into my arse, there's nothing I need to "Get used to" ~ And even in those cases I still don't need to get used to it, because the above would be sexual assault and you're ass would be thrown in the slammer.

So I sure's don't get it either *shrugs*

Added:

And before I get bombarded by coments about there's more to being gay then what I explained above, I already know, but making a move on me, grabbing my crotch or jamming your genitals into my arse are the stepping stones to a relationship (To some anyways) and in a relationship all that stuff Karrie mentioned would apply..... but one has to get past first base with me for any of that to matter, which is the above steps I mentioned that would matter to me and I wouldn't like, so unless someone is about to do the above, you or anybody else being gay doesn't matter to me and there's nothing to get used to.

In other words, no matter what your gender or sexual preference, the above applies to all. If you or anybody else is just shooting the crap with me about anything, sure I don't care, once again that's something I don't need to get used to. Once you or anybody else started to dabble into personal relationship stuff, making physical contact, or trying to get laid while you're piss loaded drunk and I don't want anything to do with it (Thereby inacting gender/sexual preference that would conflict with my own preferences) There again, I will explain myself clearly and end that, and then I still don't have to get used to something....... Or you start messing around with me after I clarify my position, then I knock you out and then I still don't have to get used to it.

Either way, there's nothing to get used to. A girl will knock the snot out of any guys pissing her off at a bar, and hince I'd probably do the same, much as I would expect anybody else to do the same.

Oh, not that I'd knock the crap out of a girl at a bar for hitting on me.... I'd still do the same procedure above, only instead of punching, I'd just toss her somewhere, probably into the dancing crowd and then vanish like a ninja. I'd knock out any guy, because your sexual preference doesn't have an effect on what your facial structure can handle.

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Prax, I suspect you're being intentionally obtuse on the issue. If seeing two guys holding hands in public doesn't bother you, and you feel it doesn't effect you, then you've already 'gotten used to' it.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Prax, I suspect you're being intentionally obtuse on the issue.

There is no current need to be sensitive on the subject as there is nothing to be offended or touchy about to anyone at this point with what I have been saying.

If seeing two guys holding hands in public doesn't bother you, and you feel it doesn't effect you, then you've already 'gotten used to' it.

So then why continue to parade around and proclaim/shove in my face to get used to it? More people would probably be "Used to It" if they just left their sexual orintation the same way as everybody else does..... nobody else's business.

The more they tell everybody to get used to it, the more they're going to turn people into the mentality of "Ok, it's annoying now, bugger off!" and then they won't hate them for being gay, they'll hate them for being annoying because they are gay..... hmmmm... I guess that's sorta the same thing, therefore perhaps they are causing the hatred they are trying to prevent by continually shoving it in our faces as though we should all be guilty for who they are or something.... frigged if I know, I don't do it, so I don't know the reasons.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
There is no current need to be sensitive on the subject as there is nothing to be offended or touchy about to anyone at this point with what I have been saying.

So then why continue to parade around and proclaim/shove in my face to get used to it? More people would probably be "Used to It" if they just left their sexual orintation the same way as everybody else does..... nobody else's business.

The more they tell everybody to get used to it, the more they're going to turn people into the mentality of "Ok, it's annoying now, bugger off!" and then they won't hate them for being gay, they'll hate them for being annoying because they are gay..... hmmmm... I guess that's sorta the same thing, therefore perhaps they are causing the hatred they are trying to prevent by continually shoving it in our faces as though we should all be guilty for who they are or something.... frigged if I know, I don't do it, so I don't know the reasons.

Argh Prax, no offense intended. It's a phrase used often in our family often, pointing out that someone is intentionally misinterpreting the intent in order to play devil's advocate.

I don't know how many gay friends or family you have, but, I still see friends and relatives get beaten up and ostracized because they spoke too effeminately, stood too close to their husband, or did something else to set some homophobe off. I don't blame them one bit for being open and forthright and demanding the world get the hell over its fear and frustration, because it's not them having sex in public that's getting them beaten up, it's them trying to live normal, unassuming lives.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Argh Prax, no offense intended. It's a phrase used often in our family often, pointing out that someone is intentionally misinterpreting the intent in order to play devil's advocate.

No, I'm just speaking as I understand things from my perspective.

I don't know how many gay friends or family you have, but, I still see friends and relatives get beaten up and ostracized because they spoke too effeminately, stood too close to their husband, or did something else to set some homophobe off. I don't blame them one bit for being open and forthright and demanding the world get the hell over its fear and frustration, because it's not them having sex in public that's getting them beaten up, it's them trying to live normal, unassuming lives.

Oh I agree, but that isn't what I was meaning in my posts. I wasn't trying to explain some justification for beating someone up or making their lives a living hell because they are gay or made the wrong move in close proximity towards me.

Allow me to try and clarify my position:

Let's say you're a gay male and I'm at the bar or pub with my friends having a good time. You walk over and ask if you could buy me a drink or if I want to dance, or that I smell good, or whatever may be. I will clearly and politely explain that although I am flattered, I am not gay/don't swing that way/whatever and attempt to end the misunderstanding in a civil fashion.

If my civility does not clear up the misunderstanding and you continue to persist and potientially harass me into something I am clearly not interested in, then I will do what is needed in that situation to stop the advances and if I am touched in a way I do not like..... you can be straight, gay, the Pope.... you're going to hit the floor quickly.

Just as if I came up to you in a bar and said "Hey baby *hic* how bout I buy you a sex on the beach and get into your pants? *burp*" ~ I am sure you would begin to feel uncomfortible and then try and resolve the situation in a civil manner.... but if I started grabbing you, I bet you'd smash a beer bottle across my head.

Would that be a Hate Crime? No.... you're just stopping a pig headed ass is all. Everybody can be one no matter what your gender or sexual preference, and that is all I'm saying. I only feel I need to be offensive to anybody only if I feel my life/health is at risk, or I am bring harassed by someone who won't just simply walk away. (This is also why I don't goto bars)

I have a few friends, people I went through school, and family members who are gay and I get along with all of them just fine, just like I would a stranger on the street who was gay..... I don't care about their sexual orientation. They are aware of mine, I am aware of theirs, we don't mingle sexually, and we leave it at that.

I dunno if any of this is making sense or not.... then again, I might not understand where you are coming from or what you're saying.

Could be our accents.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I dunno if any of this is making sense or not.... then again, I might not understand where you are coming from or what you're saying.

Could be our accents.

I have to admit, you're not really making sense. Your leap from 'I'm here, I'm queer' to 'you're not allowed to sexually assault me' crosses some bridge in thinking that I apparently didn't see. lol.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
I have to admit, you're not really making sense. Your leap from 'I'm here, I'm queer' to 'you're not allowed to sexually assault me' crosses some bridge in thinking that I apparently didn't see. lol.

lol... alright, take 2:

• The only time I will get physical with someone has nothing to do with their sexual orintation.
• I understand there are still homophobes out there who want to make their lives miserable to make theirs seem a little better, like a bully.
• Getting in everybody's face telling us all they're gay and for us all in general to get used to it, isn't going to help anything in the way it seems to be intended.
• I don't rub my Hetro in everybody's face and I feel if they want to speed up the process of acceptance of the general public, then they shouldn't either.

To me based on your responses to my comments, you seem to potray that because I'm a little sick and tired of hearing about how gay someone is, that I don't have a problem with people beating them up or making their lives crap..... which I do have a problem with.... but parading it around and getting in our faces about it isn't going to help. It's just annoying.

That's all.

My family members and friends/other people I know who are gay don't do this.... so what's up with the rest who feel they have to?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Two guys holdin' hands means they're gay? I bet a lot of Italians will be surprised....

Woof!

I think I read somewhere that Italian men did not consider themselves gay as long as they were not on the receiving end. I am not sure if that is correct or just an urban legend.