advice needed on US & CANADIAN residence

palezy2u

Mar 22, 2008
I am Jamaican my boyfriend applied for skill worker permit for Canada and to bring me as his common law partner it is now being processed. His mother filed for him to go to the US and he has that interview next month. what i want to know is if it posses any problem for him to get the Canadian resident status if he already have a US.

palezy2u

Mar 22, 2008
Thanks for the advice but not all of us is looking for the easy way out. There is no greater feeling than when you work and @ the end of the day you can look @ your achievements and know that its my blood sweat & tears give it to me and it didn't come from some where else.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I am Jamaican my boyfriend applied for skill worker permit for Canada and to bring me as his common law partner it is now being processed. His mother filed for him to go to the US and he has that interview next month. what i want to know is if it posses any problem for him to get the Canadian resident status if he already have a US.

I don't believe there should be any problems. Being from a Commonwealth nation will help, I think.

Please excuse Grumpy's racist remarks. He is not representative of Canada or this forum. Filth like him occur everywhere.