First size 16 girl reaches Miss England final

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
"Chloe is gorgeous-looking and we are sure she will be snapped up by fashion companies who want to project a realistic and achievable image to their customers."

It's about time!

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
She's a very pretty girl, but I really doubt she'll have a career in mainstream fashion. What company wants to project realistic images to their customers?

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
You may be right Tracy, but change has to start somewhere... we are seeing it more though...

I mentioned elsewhere the Dove commercials that use 'realistic' women to showcase their products. A major brand name like that has the power to influence change by providing what the consumer wants...starting with what is currently a pretty strong deviation from the 'norm' in advertising. Appealing to the average woman is bound to drive where their dollars are spent, and this will eventually force their competitors to follow suit. Have you noticed how many more clothing stores are carrying sizes in a greater range now? Both smaller and larger sizes all under one roof? What???? Women come in all sizes and they all have money to spend?? What a concept! :-? Money still speaks the loudest, and I'm sure the clothing retailers have finally figured out that they're missing out on a large (scuse the pun loll) segment of the spending populace.

Acknowledging beautiful women such as Chloe above is another step... all baby steps, but as I said, it has to start somewhere and I'm hopeful that we're on the right path.

All of this of course flies in the face of my aversion to beauty pageants... but if they're gonna exist then at least represent women realistically. Next year they should choose someone who's shorter than the average model, and the year after that, someone who's over 40.... Represent us all - we're all beautiful.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Now THAT's what a woman is supposed to look like!

Woof!

lol Ironically enough, while I applaud this gal's accomplishment, apparently I still don't make the grade for how a woman should look. I'm gonna have to advocate for the in-betweenies more (not scrawny, but not quite large enough to be called 'large') I guess! :lol:

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
She's a very pretty girl, but I really doubt she'll have a career in mainstream fashion. What company wants to project realistic images to their customers?

Fashion companies want Paris Hilton and other emaciated young women who can afford their over-priced and shamelessly self-serving "industry". Once again one has to look at the wealthy and the powerful for insight into who determines what women should or "ought" to look like.

The power and authority of the wealthy should never be underestimated. And they don't give a damn what the average person is wearing.... It's the philosophy that if you enslave peons in foreign nations to assemble goods for Old Navy and The Gap and Tommy Hilfiger (or whatever the name is...) you draw a line between the wealthy and the poor and the best way of ensuring that line is entrenched in the minds of the great unwashed is to raise these anemic little trolls to represent the "ideal".

It's all crap.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm not sure winning is the point here Juan - at least not for me. The point is to bring more awareness and acceptance to human diversity - female humanity to be more specific.
I don't disagree, but to these girls, winning is everything. My daughter was in modeling for a few years with the Ford agency. My daughter is five feet three inches, and that is too short to be really successful. She used to quote her height as five feet three and three sixteenths.
I know what you are saying about human diversity and female humanity but a beauty contest is probably not where to find these things.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I've got to admit, I LIKE the skinny thing..............tall, long legs, lean, oh MY! Built for speed, not comfort. :)

This girl doesn't do a thing for me.........

but, to each his own.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I know what you are saying about human diversity and female humanity but a beauty contest is probably not where to find these things.

ah... but Juan... a beauty pageant is exactly where we should see these things.

Let me use Colpy and Wolf as examples - both two extremely differing ideas of what they find beautiful, yet both are correct, imo.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
ah... but Juan... a beauty pageant is exactly where we should see these things. Agreed!, but the key word is "should"

Let me use Colpy and Wolf as examples - both two extremely differing ideas of what they find beautiful, yet both are correct, imo.
I find Chloe very attractive, and she strikes me as someone I would like, but putting it bluntly, I don't think her physique is what would be considered optimum by the judges in most beauty pageants..

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm all about diversity. But I am not about to celebrate someone's body just because they are chunky. Neither am I about to celebrate someone's body because they are 20 pounds underweight with big bazooms.

It should be about health. Are we ever going to get to a place where that comes first instead of how someone looks? Large can be equally as unhealthy as emaciated. Can we not strike some balance? Why does it have to be either extreme? It seems to be human nature to swing from one extreme to the other and then finally hit middle ground I guess.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hi Sal
Five feet ten inches, and a hundred and seventy six pounds, seems to me to be a little more than a bit chunky. The image I keep getting is "rolls of fat". Chloe is thirty to forty pounds over weight at least, which is more than woman 5'-10" can comfortably carry. She could get away with five or ten pounds, but thirty puts her well into the "heavy category.

This woman is 5'-11" and weighs a hundred and twenty eight pounds.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
"Chloe is gorgeous-looking and we are sure she will be snapped up by fashion companies who want to project a realistic and achievable image to their customers."
She doesn't sweat much for a big fat girl.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hi Jaun... A very nice size two there.... :D

I think your girl is young and hipless like many of us used to be...lol. I would say she is underweight and well air-brushed... but nicely proportioned. At least she doesn't have a gargantuan chest spilling out of that top.

If you check out her arms they are very, very slender. She has very little developed muscle which would also add to her small weight. If she were to pump herself, and have a ripped body she could easily gain 10 to 15 pounds and look even smaller.

Which would be healthier as added muscle allows for a higher calorie intake and thus is more nutritionally sound. So do heavy cardio workouts. Cutting down on food often times leaves the body looking tiny and healthy but in fact may not be feeding the organs the required amount of nutrient to function at their optimum level. That leads to problems as the body ages.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hi Jaun... A very nice size two there.... :D

I think your girl is young and hipless like many of us used to be...lol. I would say she is underweight and well air-brushed... but nicely proportioned. At least she doesn't have a gargantuan chest spilling out of that top.

If you check out her arms they are very, very slender. She has very little developed muscle which would also add to her small weight. If she were to pump herself, and have a ripped body she could easily gain 10 to 15 pounds and look even smaller.

Which would be healthier as added muscle allows for a higher calorie intake and thus is more nutritionally sound. So do heavy cardio workouts. Cutting down on food often times leaves the body looking tiny and healthy but in fact may not be feeding the organs the required amount of nutrient to function at their optimum level. That leads to problems as the body ages.

Sal
You sound like someone who knows the subject. I played hockey for quite a few years,(quite a while ago now)and I've found that weight training and heavy-cardio work-outs are habit forming and developed muscle can morph into fat very easily. A pain for a person past pension age.........:lol:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Miss 16 is beautiful, I would have no hesitation about letting her carry me and the beer over the threshold if I were not arthritic, I fear our amourous liason would be the end of me, but she does have that gentle patient look about her.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Chloe is a 10.
Those eyes are an 11.
That cleavage is a 126.

With 30 more pounds she will be pleasntly plump as the Captain of HMS Pinafore opined about sweet little Buttercup.

For those who are into weird...