Couple have a goth-style wedding - and bride is taken there in a coffin and hearse

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Childhood sweethearts, Julie Williams and Dylan Holroyd from Wakefield, West Yorkshire, both Goths, had a wedding they both wanted - a gloomy, Goth-style one.

Julie arrived at the wedding in a coffin and hearse and walked her husband down the aisle with him in a dog leash....

Bride and gloom: Meet the happy couple behind this goth wedding

By DEBRA KILLALEA
8th March 2008
Daily Mail

The bride was smiling and the groom looked a picture of happiness.

But while this black wedding was a joyous occasion the two newylweds involved have certainly taken the phrase for better or worse to a whole new level.

Childhood sweethearts Julie Williams, 45, and Dylon Holroyd, 49, from Wakefield, West Yorkshire, decided to tie the knot goth style, although judging by the amount of people dressed in black one could be forgiven for thinking they were attending a funeral and not a happy celebration.

Julie Williams and Dylon Holroyd tied the knot goth style

Julie arrives for the ceremony in a black lined coffin

Arcade worker Julie, who arrived to the nupitals in a coffin and hearse, said their wedding seemed "like the most natural thing to do."

Julie, nicknamed Morticia by friends, walked her husband down the aisle with none other than a dog lead and said they decided to tie the knot after first meeting 27 years ago.

"We went our separate ways when we were young, married other people and had children," she told the Mirror.

"But then we bumped into each other last year and realised we were meant to be together.

"So the first thing I did was put a dog collar around his neck and say 'It's taken me this long to get you, I'm not letting you escape now'."

More than 100 guests attended the register office wedding in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, and Julie's wedding coffin now takes pride of place as her lounge room coffee table.

Julie literally led her husband down the aisle

The happy couple say a goth wedding was 'the natural thing to do'

dailymail.co.uk