How to bring up narrow minded and bigoted children

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Now is the perfect time while your neice is still learning that this is not the way things are done, and that girls cannot marry girls, and boys cannot marry boys, it is not normal. Just as we are told the same thing when little girls want to marry their daddy's, we were told that that is not normal, and we cannot marry our daddy's, or family members. It is best to nip these kind of notions in the bud while we can, and instill normalcy in our children, and that SS lifestyles are not normal, they are kinky. Sorry it may be funny, but I don't think it would be anything healthy to encourage.

The child in question above is 3 years old. Is this an appropriate age to be discussing human sexuality? At what age should this be discussed? Should we, as parents, be passing our own bigoted views onto our children? What could the long term effects be on these children and there ability to interact with the rest of society?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Only if pointed hats and bedsheets are in their wardrobes....

Kids brought up as bigots had better be big, burly folk because their heads are going to stop a lot of punches.

Woof!

Last edited:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Kids grow up and become their own person, regardless what they were "taught". Sure they can be influenced to a certain degree, but I believe eventually they find their own way.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What could the long term effects be on these children and there ability to interact with the rest of society?

Gh my friend, if you take a close look at the post you are addressing, that question is not only answered, it's been answered like a fog horn going off 2 inches from your ear.

btw, the odd similarities between us abound. The exact same paragraph spawned us both to attack it's under tones of ignorance and malice. We just took different avenues. I guess we know who's got the bigger cojones. I'm going to go surf for a surgeon and see if I can't buy me a bigger set.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Kids grow up and become their own person, regardless what they were "taught". Sure they can be influenced to a certain degree, but I believe eventually they find their own way.

To a point, I agree. Obviously though that is not always the case. Otherwise, as a society, we would be more open minded and forgiving of differences. Case in point is the final few sentences of the quote in the OP.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
To a point, I agree. Obviously though that is not always the case. Otherwise, as a society, we would be more open minded and forgiving of differences. Case in point is the final few sentences of the quote in the OP.

I agree also, but I also believe a childs "upbringing" can go either way. Say if your child (generally speaking) is "taught" how to be tolerant of others, life experiences can bring about an entirely different person into society.

I believe the initial "contact" with a human being that a child has been raised to "not tolerate" is overshadowed by his or her own experiences.

For example, I have known many people over the years that have been "tolerant" of difference until they actually come in contact with someone who isn't considered "normal".

I believe "upbringing" plays a role until the child becomes his or her own person, then the "upbringing" is washed away. To a certain extent of course and not all encompassing.

Just my opinion.

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
I agree also, but I also believe a childs "upbringing" can go either way. Say if your child (generally speaking) is "taught" how to be tolerant of others, life experiences can bring about an entirely different person into society.

I believe the initial "contact" with a human being that a child has been raised to "not tolerate" is overshadowed by his or her own experiences.

For example, I have known many people over the years that have been "tolerant" of difference until they actually come in contact with someone who isn't considered "normal".

I believe "upbringing" plays a role until the child becomes his or her own person, then the "upbringing" is washed away. To a certain extent of course and not all encompassing.

Just my opinion.
I agree.
I also do not think SS can be prejudiced against, racist or bigotted just because one does not accept kinky. SS it is not a religion, a race, or a handicap. So call me what you want. I raise my kids with morals, not to think that kinky sex is okay/normal or that we have to accept it, decent people keep the bedroom sacred and to the ones that are involved, not make it public knowledge, or want special treatment because they are kinky.We (heterosexuals as some call the norm) don't have parades where we flaunt a degenerative lifestyle. Shall we make way for all those kinky folk or again with tunnel vision only those select few.
Nothing wrong with teaching or guiding your kids in the right direction on what is normal, moral, and your customs. You raise yours and I will mine then. Marriage is between a man and a woman....only, at least for the normal way of thinking.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The child in question above is 3 years old. Is this an appropriate age to be discussing human sexuality? At what age should this be discussed? Should we, as parents, be passing our own bigoted views onto our children? What could the long term effects be on these children and there ability to interact with the rest of society?

There's nothing in this world worse than teaching your kids to judge others. Whether you're a straight person judging gays, a white person judging Natives, a religious judging atheists, or a liberal judging conservatives (or the flip side of all of those)... teaching your kids to have scorn for others is sick.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I agree.
I also do not think SS can be prejudiced against, racist or bigotted just because one does not accept kinky. SS it is not a religion, a race, or a handicap. So call me what you want. I raise my kids with morals, not to think that kinky sex is okay/normal or that we have to accept it, decent people keep the bedroom sacred and to the ones that are involved, not make it public knowledge, or want special treatment because they are kinky.We (heterosexuals as some call the norm) don't have parades where we flaunt a degenerative lifestyle. Shall we make way for all those kinky folk or again with tunnel vision only those select few.
Nothing wrong with teaching or guiding your kids in the right direction on what is normal, moral, and your customs. You raise yours and I will mine then. Marriage is between a man and a woman....only, at least for the normal way of thinking.
I call BULLSH!T...

This is your comment...

Now is the perfect time while your neice is still learning that this is not the way things are done, and that girls cannot marry girls, and boys cannot marry boys, it is not normal. Just as we are told the same thing when little girls want to marry their daddy's, we were told that that is not normal, and we cannot marry our daddy's, or family members. It is best to nip these kind of notions in the bud while we can, and instill normalcy in our children, and that SS lifestyles are not normal, they are kinky. Sorry it may be funny, but I don't think it would be anything healthy to encourage.
It says nothing of being true to ones own self and to just keep it out of public eye...

You make bold blanket statements in pure ignorance, molding a child's mind to prejudice and ignorance...

Now that's child abuse.

And your cute cliche at the end...You raise yours, I'll raise mine...That'd be nice, but unfortunately, the way you are raising yours, will impact mine. You are the very reason, people should be licensed to have children.