Is Toronto a nice city?

MapleLeafs443

Feb 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Is Toronto nice, as in low crime, nice people ect? I'm thinking of going to college there or get all my education here in the US, and then move to Canada, either or I'm still moving to Canada. I really never been to Canada except when I was 14 when I went to Niagra Falls, and it was very nice. I remember driving over/next to one of the great lakes, probably Ontario, going to the falls and I remember how beautiful it was.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Welcome. I haven't been there since 1973. It probably changed a little since. They tell us it is the center of the universe so it can't be all bad.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Hey the Leafs won the cup 6 years before I was last there.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Ha! If they're ever gonna give the world an enema, there's a manhole (or is it personal access hatch) in the intersection of Yonge and Bloor they'll open to insert the tube....

Woof!

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Is Toronto nice, as in low crime, nice people ect? I'm thinking of going to college there or get all my education here in the US, and then move to Canada, either or I'm still moving to Canada. I really never been to Canada except when I was 14 when I went to Niagra Falls, and it was very nice. I remember driving over/next to one of the great lakes, probably Ontario, going to the falls and I remember how beautiful it was.

Yeah Toronto is nice. There is crime but not like what you have in large American cities. People are nice. Most people are a bit shocked at the diversity of Toronto. Like most major cities it is a collection of small neighborhoods of ethnic flavours. So you can eat like a king here from all the cultures of the world.

Toronto is on the shores of one of the Great Lakes. And just north of Toronto is cottage country full of lakes streams and fantastic camping. Most people think Toronto is stuck up but it's just that what they consider absolutely amazing, is simply common place here. There is everything you can want to do close at hand in Toronto but with that comes higher cost of living. Toronto isn't a cheap place to live. But for those who are ambitious, adventurous and enjoy trying all that life has to offer, Toronto is a great place to start.

Reactions: gerryh