Ever had one of those days? (video)

Locutus
Chris Berman did and got a little cranky.

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvtnC8BtNBNLo

Oh, and if you're offended by grown-up language, bugger off now.

karrie
LOL... that's awesome. Good for him. I'd be pissed too.

jenn
Seems like he has a lil ADD episode and couldn't concentrate... focus... people move behind the scenes all the time.

karrie
Well, they're told to focus on the cameras and follow cues as to which camera to be looking at. So with people milling about, I'd imagine it would get confusing which camera he should be looking into. Or to be looking into a camera when suddenly someone's ducking along underneath it.

I probably wouldn't have sworn as much, but, I'd have demanded some professionalism from the people working there too. It's what they're paid for.

Unforgiven
A well known position he's in. Roger Waters did the very same thing with an audience that was too busy yelling and cheering to listen to the music. The Beatles often complained about people just standing there screaming their fool heads off.

A proffesional can of course just carry on as if nothing were there, but I personally find it rude as hell to be making a racket while someone is performing. Like yapping during a movie, or talking to you while your on the phone, or asking you something while your busy doing something they themselves will never manage to do.

It boils down to those controling the floor.

Pangloss
Jenn, the protocol is for all unnecessary movement to stop when the cameras are rolling. I have seen people thrown off set for moving a ladder sixty feet from the action.

Yeah, he was completely in the right to tell people to quit distracting him. It isn't about him - it is about making the best possible show.

Pangloss

karrie
lol... I had just given hubby a shove for kissing on me while I was straining to listen to a phone call with someone on a bad cell connection, over my crappy cordless phone... so I was totally empathizing.

jenn
Quote: Originally Posted by PanglossView Post

Jenn, the protocol is for all unnecessary movement to stop when the cameras are rolling. I have seen people thrown off set for moving a ladder sixty feet from the action.

Yeah, he was completely in the right to tell people to quit distracting him. It isn't about him - it is about making the best possible show.

Pangloss

and we don't know if this was unnecessary movement or if he was just pmsing

Pangloss
Jenn:

As someone who has both hosted shows and been a tech (still am), I know that anything disturbing enough to distract the host is by definition worth "pmsing" about.

Hosts are hired for many reasons, but one of the chief reasons is their ability to work quickly, reliably and with a minimum of fuss - there is always more production to do than there is time. A prima donna would quickly find themselves pushed out of the studio, almost regardless of talent.

Notice the number of people walking by the camera, according to Berman: "Seven."

Seven people had an urgent need to walk past the camera? In sixteen years of television production the only person I've seen walk past the camera was the stage manager. And that was slowly, carefully, quietly and as unbotrusively as possible.

Pangloss

gerryh
Can you say primadona?

This is professionalism?

gerryh
and pangloss.....when he first exploded he said 18 people....then near the end he says 7 people.... so how many were there? Maybe 1, and in reality this idiot is just an over paid primadona?

Kreskin
Jesus!

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

and pangloss.....when he first exploded he said 18 people....then near the end he says 7 people.... so how many were there? Maybe 1, and in reality this idiot is just an over paid primadona?

One bad apple spoils the barrel right?

How do you know how much he's paid and if he is over paid?

Pangloss
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Maybe, and maybe you are a pointless troll spoiling for a flame war. . .

It's all just conjecture, huh?

Pangloss