Crucial Bathroom Debate

Would you buy a house with only a double shower upstairs, and a shower/bath down?

• I would love a big double shower upstairs!

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • I like my baths, and would loathe having to go downstairs for them

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yes... yes... it's crucial. I need input. I need loud, outspoken views. Be as straight forward as you need to be.

Would you, or wouldn't you, buy a house with only a double shower on the main floor, and a simple bathtub/shower combo in the basement?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Hire a stone mason, have him/her build you something that will last and looks good, you can wire them in slab heating, that shower stall picture is hideous. Looks like an upscale urinal.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
TWO? TWO showers in ONE house?
Seriously, if I liked the house, I'd buy it and replace the shower upstairs with a tub. Yep... that's what I'd do.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hire a stone mason, have him/her build you something that will last and looks good, you can wire them in slab heating, that shower stall picture is hideous. Looks like an upscale urinal.

The bathroom isn't big enough (nor is the budget) for anything too custom beaver.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
ok... tough call, I admit. That's a pretty sweet shower, and I rarely get time for a bath anyway... guess I could haul my tired a$$ downstairs if I actually had time for one...

Best set-up I ever saw was my brother's old house... a jacuzzi tub IN THE BEDROOM, with a bathroom with a shower stall just a few feet away.

*sigh* I still covet that room.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yeah, I'd go that route if I lived in a house that wasn't just a simple 70's floor plan. I've barely got closets let alone room for ensuites and such. lol

jenn

Electoral Member
Jan 13, 2008
I am a shower person....but without an ensuite I am totally lost...lol.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yes... yes... it's crucial. I need input. I need loud, outspoken views. Be as straight forward as you need to be.

Would you, or wouldn't you, buy a house with only a double shower on the main floor, and a simple bathtub/shower combo in the basement?

If I was female...I'd do whatever my husband wanted.....cause I love him soooooooo much.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
A bath is supposed to be meaningful. I mean, when you take a bath, it's that you really feel like taking a bath. So I'm sure the trip to the basement will be worth it.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I can't relate to "you people" who multi-floor.
Have you never heard of bungalows?
One floor.
Bath and shower in one room.
You are just so "dated"
Just so 1970's.
We are, at least, 1950's.
One tub, with a shower curtain, and a hose thingy so one can shower/bathe at the same time, and get really clean.
Or just lay in a tub of hot water and read a book.
Double shower indeed!
How perverted.
CSIS (Canadians Shower In Silence) shall hear of this.
No more of your filth.
Fie on thee.
Harrumph.

:canada:ONE TUB, ONE SHOWER, FROM SEA TO SEA.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
when does anyone have time for a bath anyway? I'd always get a house with a decent shower over any house with a bath. And a walk-in shower is so much better than slipping over and smashing your head on the bath one day.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I have and always will have one answer to that question, and unless you're talking about one of these bathtubs:

Then I would choose the shower of course. Being as tall as I am, unless it's a Victorian Bathtub in question, I ain't gonna fit in it, therefore a shower is my only logical solution.

Have you ever seen a 6'6 guy trying to take a bath in a standard apartment sized bathtub?

It's like watching a Walrus in a bucket.... all big, ackward and flapping all over the place trying to keep wet.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Oh my first apartment with the missus was an attic apt, where the ceiling slopes at the sides. The bathroom was against the sliding wall, it held a tub (no shower) with a shower wand, and I could only kneel.

It sucked so badly.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
All I have is a large,old fashioned tub and would love to have a shower installed. Sounds like you have plenty of options there now..a hot tub:cool:

As a plumber who has installed many of each, I give you this to ponder:- most people wioth bath's say they like to soak in them, but skin is water proof, or isit because they like to lie in their own scum. whereas with a shower, the dirt grease or whatever is washed off and goes down the drain, whilst the water from the shower (normally) stays at the same temp, the bath water tends to cool.
Darkbeaver, what's with all the electric wires, you want to barbeque them all?