LOL means nothing


Walter
#1
I often see LOL on many posts and emails. My kids use it on almost everything they send on MSN and Facebook. I never see them laughing when they are on-line with their buddies. Does anyone LOL when they text LOL?
 
Kreskin
#2
ROFLMAO!!!..no, but things can be funny without outwardly showing it.
 
CDNBear
#3
I've actually "LOL'D" in r/t...actually said...lol...

lol...
 
TAM255
#4
I found out this page while using stumble: www.nomorelol.com/ (external - login to view)
This might interest you and you are right. I do it to...
 
Unforgiven
#5
LOL this.

httpcayoutubecomwatchv--K3X6rptE4

 
L Gilbert
#6
I lol. I also type "lol" when I don't actually lol because it is easier than typing "I am laughing inside" or "I find that humorous".
 
hermite
#7
I love lol! But I really think CC needs a better smilie for rofl and lmao. I do that a lot here. Instead you gotta type hehehehehehehehe..........

Yikes.

Meanwhile though, I can't change my signature. It says something about BB code, but I ain't got no bb's. No gun, nothing.
 
karrie
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

I often see LOL on many posts and emails. My kids use it on almost everything they send on MSN and Facebook. I never see them laughing when they are on-line with their buddies. Does anyone LOL when they text LOL?

i like LIMH. But it confuses too many people... lol they understand.
 
karrie
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I've actually "LOL'D" in r/t...actually said...lol...

lol...

I once turned to my hubby and said 'brb'.... as I dashed off to the washroom. He lol'ed.
 
jenn
#10
LIMH??? laughing in my house??? lol

I always at least grin when I LOL or it isn't worthy...lol
 
karrie
#11
laughing in my head.... limh.
 
jenn
#12
do you do that often?? are you alone when you do.. or do you feel you are alone??? as a child did you often laugh alone???? lol
 
Lester
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I've actually "LOL'D" in r/t...actually said...lol...

lol...

me too-didn't even realize it. lol
 
Vereya
#14
For a linguist it is very interesting to observe how this "LOL" is used in conversations. First it was just "LOL" in funny places. Now people actually lol, or are having lols. We witness the birth of a new word, that has a very good chance to became a habitual, everyday or even a literary one in a couple of years' time. Words are fascinating things...
 
Unforgiven
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by VereyaView Post

For a linguist it is very interesting to observe how this "LOL" is used in conversations. First it was just "LOL" in funny places. Now people actually lol, or are having lols. We witness the birth of a new word, that has a very good chance to became a habitual, everyday or even a literary one in a couple of years' time. Words are fascinating things...

Groovy baby!
 
eh1eh
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Groovy baby!


Try using that in r/l. People just can't dig it.
 
shadowshiv
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Try using that in r/l. People just can't dig it.

Get down with your bad self.
 
Walter
#18
This actually made me LOL.

 
Zan
#19
LOL!
 

Similar Threads

17
Is This What Bluedog Means
by Cannuck | Jul 31st, 2009
1
Crisis also means opportunity:
by china | Mar 8th, 2009
26
THREE !!! S O S 's means, hey it's ok !!!
by Nuggler | Feb 28th, 2009
58
Canada Day means GST cut
by JonB2004 | Jul 8th, 2006
0
Federal GST cut means increased PST
by Jersay | Apr 26th, 2006
no new posts