LOL means nothing

Walter
I often see LOL on many posts and emails. My kids use it on almost everything they send on MSN and Facebook. I never see them laughing when they are on-line with their buddies. Does anyone LOL when they text LOL?

Kreskin
ROFLMAO!!!..no, but things can be funny without outwardly showing it.

CDNBear
I've actually "LOL'D" in r/t...actually said...lol...

lol...

TAM255
I found out this page while using stumble: www.nomorelol.com/ (external - login to view)
This might interest you and you are right. I do it to...

Unforgiven
LOL this.

httpcayoutubecomwatchv--K3X6rptE4

L Gilbert
I lol. I also type "lol" when I don't actually lol because it is easier than typing "I am laughing inside" or "I find that humorous".

hermite
I love lol! But I really think CC needs a better smilie for rofl and lmao. I do that a lot here. Instead you gotta type hehehehehehehehe..........

Yikes.

Meanwhile though, I can't change my signature. It says something about BB code, but I ain't got no bb's. No gun, nothing.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

I often see LOL on many posts and emails. My kids use it on almost everything they send on MSN and Facebook. I never see them laughing when they are on-line with their buddies. Does anyone LOL when they text LOL?

i like LIMH. But it confuses too many people... lol they understand.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

lol...

I once turned to my hubby and said 'brb'.... as I dashed off to the washroom. He lol'ed.

jenn
LIMH??? laughing in my house??? lol

I always at least grin when I LOL or it isn't worthy...lol

karrie
laughing in my head.... limh.

jenn
do you do that often?? are you alone when you do.. or do you feel you are alone??? as a child did you often laugh alone???? lol

Lester
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

lol...

me too-didn't even realize it. lol

Vereya
For a linguist it is very interesting to observe how this "LOL" is used in conversations. First it was just "LOL" in funny places. Now people actually lol, or are having lols. We witness the birth of a new word, that has a very good chance to became a habitual, everyday or even a literary one in a couple of years' time. Words are fascinating things...

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by VereyaView Post

For a linguist it is very interesting to observe how this "LOL" is used in conversations. First it was just "LOL" in funny places. Now people actually lol, or are having lols. We witness the birth of a new word, that has a very good chance to became a habitual, everyday or even a literary one in a couple of years' time. Words are fascinating things...

Groovy baby!

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Groovy baby!

Try using that in r/l. People just can't dig it.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Try using that in r/l. People just can't dig it.

Get down with your bad self.

Walter
This actually made me LOL.

Zan
LOL!