LOL means nothing

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I often see LOL on many posts and emails. My kids use it on almost everything they send on MSN and Facebook. I never see them laughing when they are on-line with their buddies. Does anyone LOL when they text LOL?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
ROFLMAO!!!..no, but things can be funny without outwardly showing it.

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
I love lol! But I really think CC needs a better smilie for rofl and lmao. I do that a lot here. Instead you gotta type hehehehehehehehe..........

Yikes.

Meanwhile though, I can't change my signature. It says something about BB code, but I ain't got no bb's. No gun, nothing.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I often see LOL on many posts and emails. My kids use it on almost everything they send on MSN and Facebook. I never see them laughing when they are on-line with their buddies. Does anyone LOL when they text LOL?

i like LIMH. But it confuses too many people... lol they understand.

jenn

Electoral Member
Jan 13, 2008
LIMH??? laughing in my house??? lol

I always at least grin when I LOL or it isn't worthy...lol

jenn

Electoral Member
Jan 13, 2008
do you do that often?? are you alone when you do.. or do you feel you are alone??? as a child did you often laugh alone???? lol

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
For a linguist it is very interesting to observe how this "LOL" is used in conversations. First it was just "LOL" in funny places. Now people actually lol, or are having lols. We witness the birth of a new word, that has a very good chance to became a habitual, everyday or even a literary one in a couple of years' time. Words are fascinating things...

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
For a linguist it is very interesting to observe how this "LOL" is used in conversations. First it was just "LOL" in funny places. Now people actually lol, or are having lols. We witness the birth of a new word, that has a very good chance to became a habitual, everyday or even a literary one in a couple of years' time. Words are fascinating things...

Groovy baby!