Facebook sucks

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What a bull**** site that is. How that guy made a billion off of that crap is incredible.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Yup, you can buy a limited edition image for another sucker for only $1.

Beyond the fact that it's a spammers paradise it really offers nothing.

warrior_won

Time Out
Nov 21, 2007
That was my reaction when I took a look at Facebook too. What's the point? I had a similar reaction to Myspace. But then, I'm anti-social so you can probably see how a site that facilitates social activity is something that I wouldn't be interested in regardless of what they offered. :lol:

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I love facebook. I've re-connected with literally dozens of people who I'd likely have never seen again. Our high school reunion was planned using facebook and it was a tremendous success. It's an easy and free way to keep track of family overseas. It is capable of holding thousands of photos and video of your family and friends that you may not have seen otherwise.

It's better than email. Attempting to send your holiday photos to all your friends via email is a nightmare. Just trying to get one picture sent thru an email is a pain in the ass and extremely time consuming. Facebook allows you to upload sixty pics at a time and it takes no time at all.

It also allows you to "tag" your pictures to show who is in them and allows your family and friends to make comments on them....

Facebook rocks. If you don't enjoy it, I guarantee it's because you aren't using it correctly.

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007
I love facebook. I've re-connected with literally dozens of people who I'd likely have never seen again. Our high school reunion was planned using facebook and it was a tremendous success. It's an easy and free way to keep track of family overseas. It is capable of holding thousands of photos and video of your family and friends that you may not have seen otherwise.

It's better than email. Attempting to send your holiday photos to all your friends via email is a nightmare. Just trying to get one picture sent thru an email is a pain in the ass and extremely time consuming. Facebook allows you to upload sixty pics at a time and it takes no time at all.

It also allows you to "tag" your pictures to show who is in them and allows your family and friends to make comments on them....

Facebook rocks. If you don't enjoy it, I guarantee it's because you aren't using it correctly.

I would have to agree with Greta here. I'm on Facebook as well and really enjoy it for much of the same reasons as Greta.
I also like the privacy options that allow you to give access to whom you wish to have access to it. The applications, admittedly came be a bit much, some are fun, others lame but you have the option as to using them or not.
I been on there for a few months now, and it hasn't cost me a dime. If someone chooses to purchase a "picture" for a buck well then I would have to agree with the statement of P T Barnum.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I reconnected with a lot of people too but it's primarily having a friends list and fighting spam.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Maybe spam doesn't like firewalls? MySpace is terrible for it. Facebook doesn't have the meet market feel to it. Yeah, I have run into a few old friends too (and a couple of gal pals who I'm probably better off leaving in the past) High school was a long time ago.

Woof!

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I like facebook too. I've never had any spam promblems and as many have mentioned, I've re-connected with old friends and enemies. :lol:

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I too have never received spam, it is a good way to meet people from long ago though.

So think carefully about the skeletons in your closet before joining :p

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's the spam you get from people on your friends list (or mine). "Join the super wall, the mega wall, someone has left you a note on some friggin other wall that you search out and couldn't care less about, so and so has the 'see if you're an asshole' plug in, blah blah." The home page is full of useless crap.

It's just not for me.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
It's the spam you get from people on your friends list (or mine). "Join the super wall, the mega wall, someone has left you a note on some friggin other wall that you search out and couldn't care less about, so and so has the 'see if you're an asshole' plug in, blah blah." The home page is full of useless crap.

It's just not for me.

You can change the settings so you don't get those notifications.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Plus some of my family are really starting to piss me off and they're the ones I get most of that useless stuff from.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Once you've said family, you've about said it all.... Friends? You got a choice....

Woof!
I would bring all of mine to a psychiatrist but it would be impossible to diagnose and treat their problems. There is no similar research or studies to refer to in the medical journals.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
So, in reality, it's not a problem with Facebook really. It's a problem with your family and they way they use it. Plus the fact that you don't have it setup properly.