Facebook sucks

Kreskin
What a bull**** site that is. How that guy made a billion off of that crap is incredible.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

What a bull**** site that is. How that guy made a billion off of that crap is incredible.

P T Barnum had a theory about that....

Woof!

Kreskin
Yup, you can buy a limited edition image for another sucker for only $1.

Beyond the fact that it's a spammers paradise it really offers nothing.

warrior_won
That was my reaction when I took a look at Facebook too. What's the point? I had a similar reaction to Myspace. But then, I'm anti-social so you can probably see how a site that facilitates social activity is something that I wouldn't be interested in regardless of what they offered.

GreenGreta
I love facebook. I've re-connected with literally dozens of people who I'd likely have never seen again. Our high school reunion was planned using facebook and it was a tremendous success. It's an easy and free way to keep track of family overseas. It is capable of holding thousands of photos and video of your family and friends that you may not have seen otherwise.

It's better than email. Attempting to send your holiday photos to all your friends via email is a nightmare. Just trying to get one picture sent thru an email is a pain in the *** and extremely time consuming. Facebook allows you to upload sixty pics at a time and it takes no time at all.

It also allows you to "tag" your pictures to show who is in them and allows your family and friends to make comments on them....

Facebook rocks. If you don't enjoy it, I guarantee it's because you aren't using it correctly.

Brat
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGretaView Post

I love facebook. I've re-connected with literally dozens of people who I'd likely have never seen again. Our high school reunion was planned using facebook and it was a tremendous success. It's an easy and free way to keep track of family overseas. It is capable of holding thousands of photos and video of your family and friends that you may not have seen otherwise.

It's better than email. Attempting to send your holiday photos to all your friends via email is a nightmare. Just trying to get one picture sent thru an email is a pain in the *** and extremely time consuming. Facebook allows you to upload sixty pics at a time and it takes no time at all.

It also allows you to "tag" your pictures to show who is in them and allows your family and friends to make comments on them....

Facebook rocks. If you don't enjoy it, I guarantee it's because you aren't using it correctly.

I would have to agree with Greta here. I'm on Facebook as well and really enjoy it for much of the same reasons as Greta.
I also like the privacy options that allow you to give access to whom you wish to have access to it. The applications, admittedly came be a bit much, some are fun, others lame but you have the option as to using them or not.
I been on there for a few months now, and it hasn't cost me a dime. If someone chooses to purchase a "picture" for a buck well then I would have to agree with the statement of P T Barnum.

Toro
I like Facebook. I'm re-connecting with people whom I haven't seen in 15-20 years.

Kreskin
I reconnected with a lot of people too but it's primarily having a friends list and fighting spam.

lone wolf
Maybe spam doesn't like firewalls? MySpace is terrible for it. Facebook doesn't have the meet market feel to it. Yeah, I have run into a few old friends too (and a couple of gal pals who I'm probably better off leaving in the past) High school was a long time ago.

Woof!

Toro
I don't get any spam on Facebook, or at least that I know of.

I have a Myspace account but I never use it. Facebook is more secure.

Said1
I like facebook too. I've never had any spam promblems and as many have mentioned, I've re-connected with old friends and enemies.

Zzarchov
I too have never received spam, it is a good way to meet people from long ago though.

So think carefully about the skeletons in your closet before joining :P

Kreskin
It's the spam you get from people on your friends list (or mine). "Join the super wall, the mega wall, someone has left you a note on some friggin other wall that you search out and couldn't care less about, so and so has the 'see if you're an *******' plug in, blah blah." The home page is full of useless crap.

It's just not for me.

s243a

It's the spam you get from people on your friends list (or mine). "Join the super wall, the mega wall, someone has left you a note on some friggin other wall that you search out and couldn't care less about, so and so has the 'see if you're an *******' plug in, blah blah." The home page is full of useless crap.

It's just not for me.

You can change the settings so you don't get those notifications.

Kreskin
There isn't much else to facebook. I cancelled it.

Kreskin
Plus some of my family are really starting to piss me off and they're the ones I get most of that useless stuff from.

lone wolf
Once you've said family, you've about said it all.... Friends? You got a choice....

Woof!

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Once you've said family, you've about said it all.... Friends? You got a choice....

Woof!

I would bring all of mine to a psychiatrist but it would be impossible to diagnose and treat their problems. There is no similar research or studies to refer to in the medical journals.

gerryh
So, in reality, it's not a problem with Facebook really. It's a problem with your family and they way they use it. Plus the fact that you don't have it setup properly.

Kreskin
Ya that's it Gerry. Enjoy.

Kreskin
This guy does a good job explaining how pointless it is.

www.jasonmoffatt.com/dir/273 (external - login to view)

Zzarchov

I would bring all of mine to a psychiatrist but it would be impossible to diagnose and treat their problems. There is no similar research or studies to refer to in the medical journals.

Pssh, I use a catch all diagnosis

"<Family Member> Is a real a--hole!"

Works pretty well.

Edit:

Sidenote: Jason Moffat really doesn't get it. He's got the creativity and mindset of a 4 year old. If we applied his arguement to other aspects of life movie theatres would be shut down because they also cater to a different target market than him. Television would also be gone, I mean, much like facebook it also spams you with commercials for shows and products not useful to you...providing you are watching TV with someone who is in grade 9 (which is the equivalent of adding someone to your friends list in grade 9, seriously if someone is spamming you and you don't like it, remove them from your friends list)

I mean, all of these "problems" come from people refusing to use a product. If you don't want people sending you spam, then don't be friends with them. I mean, if they throw spam your way and won't stop when you ask..are they really your friends anyways?
Last edited by Zzarchov; Dec 30th, 2007 at 11:14 PM..

Toro

This guy does a good job explaining how pointless it is.

www.jasonmoffatt.com/dir/273 (external - login to view)

Er, what's wrong with a cheap Vegas hooker?

warrior_won
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

If she's cheap, there must be something wrong with her. Either that or Vegas has so many hookers that supply and demand has forced prices down. In which case, the hookers should move on to greener pastures.

Queue the losers that will suggest that I'm trying to end the woes of the Vegas hookers...

Loser: Look at him now... Now he's telling Vegas hookers what to do... Who the Hell does this guy think he is? The Vegas hookers will do just fine without him... They got this far on their own, didn't they? The nerve of some people!

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

I don't know. Jason has had a lot of experience with cheap $30 Vegas hookers so I'll take his word for it.

lone wolf

I don't know. Jason has had a lot of experience with cheap $30 Vegas hookers so I'll take his word for it.

$30.00? Must be working the strip just outside the retirement home...

Woof!

Nuggler
I was approved for membership in Facebook, till they saw my face.....................

Brat
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

I was approved for membership in Facebook, till they saw my face.....................

Awh, Poor Nug. Only a face a mother could love eh?

charley124
Yeah.It does suck!!I deleted my account yesterday!!