Canada's least collectible patent medicine

warrior_won

Time Out
Nov 21, 2007
Dumpdiggers blog has just posted a fascinating article on Canada's Least Collectible Patent Medicine bottle - if you are an antiques collector you should read this piece - beware of the

Dr. S.N. Thomas / Eclectric Oil which was issued in Canada by the Northrop Lyman Co.. The medicine can be used for both INTERNAL or EXTERNAL remedies - imagine that.

In stark contrast, a bottle of Jack Daniels is probably the world's most collectible medicine bottle.

The label of Jack Daniels whiskey once said "For Medicinal Use." Other Jack Daniels labels noted that Jack Daniels was the choice of physicians.

Last edited:

arob

Nominee Member
Thanks for the blog topic.

If you had not already guessed - I write Dumpdiggers .

Do you mind if I use those pictures in a blog post?

What else can you tell me?

How did you happen to come by this antiquity? Is there a story there?

What else do you know - details , details details

warrior_won

Time Out
Nov 21, 2007
If you had not already guessed - I write Dumpdiggers .

Do you mind if I use those pictures in a blog post?

What else can you tell me?

How did you happen to come by this antiquity? Is there a story there?

What else do you know - details , details details

They're not my labels, so I can't grant permission to use them. If you want to get your hands on actual replicas of the old labels, you can email, call, or write the good folks at the Jack Daniels distillery. They will be happy to oblige.

Also, for historical information and to have any other questions you might like answered, contact the distillery. They love to hear from people and they'll tell you anything you want to know... And give you just about anything they possibly can. The Public Relations folks at Jack Daniels are second to none, in my opinion.

You might also want to checkout their website.