Why do men shop at Home Depot

lone wolf
It's simple.... Everything comes in easy-to-wrap SQUARE-CORNER boxes. Walmart, Zellers, Cutsie-Mart - whomever.... Here's a marketing tip for you: We're guys! We don't do wrapping any more complicated than necessary. Unless that blouse comes in a box, we don't have a clue. If I can't wrap it, I'm not buying it. See that nice unromantic toaster? It looked good under the tree neatly wrapped in that easy-wrap box!

Christmas.... Bah humbug....

LOL Woof!

Hazmart
Wrapping Christmas gifts is the worst! Even as a woman I am all about the box as well or the gift bag from the dollar store! A couple of years ago I was inspired to wrap a couple boxes as use them year after year so to limit the amount of wrapping I have to do each year!

karrie
We're traveling to Saskatchewan for Christmas this year, so I've gotten out of all the 'fancy' wrapping. Ribbons and bows get crushed... name tag glue gets cold and falls off. So my gifts are simply wrapped and then labeled in sharpie... done. I feel very blessed.

Hazmart
That is fantastic Karrie! I love the sharpie touch!

karrie
The kids like it too..... no messing with ribbons and such. Plus, it's more enviro friendly. Any excuse for being lazy. lol.

Crashed
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

It's simple.... Everything comes in easy-to-wrap SQUARE-CORNER boxes. Walmart, Zellers, Cutsie-Mart - whomever.... Here's a marketing tip for you: We're guys! We don't do wrapping any more complicated than necessary. Unless that blouse comes in a box, we don't have a clue. If I can't wrap it, I'm not buying it. See that nice unromantic toaster? It looked good under the tree neatly wrapped in that easy-wrap box!

Christmas.... Bah humbug....

LOL Woof!

Man, i'm the worst gift-wrapper there is! I can't even fold clothes properly.
I'm all about boxes and even moreso this year...gift cards. Small and easy to handle.

Crash

lone wolf
As you can guess, Christmas boxing - er, shopping - is done for this year and now I'm in the frusrating stage of wrapping. I have wrapping paper that loves its rolled shape and tape that sticks to everything but wrapping paper. Ol' Man Winter has been kind today so we have a near-blizzard blowing about. Shovelling it will be a welcome relief. All I have to do it toss it!

Happy Ho Ho....
Woof!

AmberEyes
Heh, I use the sharpie too, it's so much easier than all those easy-to-lose gift tags. Basic wrapping - sometimes we use newspaper if we're out of wrapping paper. No point in wasting ^^

karrie
I always have butcher paper about too ( makes great craft paper or, roll it out at the kids' table at christmas and include crayons, paints, and markers and at the end of the meal simply roll up all the mess and throw it out) so we often let the kids use that to wrap and then they can color it. It needs good tape though, as it can be very stubborn about returning to it's curved positions.

darkbeaver
The last time I shopped at Home De Pot it was for hydro plumbing. Isn't it a bit early for christmas shopping?Let alone wrapping. I buy socks in poly bags and spray paint them with holiday colours christmas eve.

#juan
Home Depot? I don't go near Wal-Mart either. I don't go near the dumps. Why would anyone want to wander thirty five acres of merchandise with out a sales person in sight. I prefer to go to Home Hardware, or Canadian tire, or on the Island, Shleg Lumber, where the clerks have some idea what they are selling.

missile
We tried Home Depot twice, lured in by the special prices on items that we needed, and both times the items weren't even in stock. Needless to say, we shop elsewhere now. christmas wrapping? no need to as my grandkids just live downstairs & i'll just carry their presents down to them

Unforgiven
Plus it's all orangey, which is sweet!

no color
I prefer Lowe's myself. Same as Home Depot, but better customer service.

Nuggler
I just get some of those Christmas "bags", take the price tag off the gift, shove it in the bag, and fill up said bag with tissue paper.

Couldn't wrap for squat

(If you fail at something, it's no longer expected that you will attempt it again and again and agan...........so, no wrapparino for el Nuggeleto)

caio.

karrie
I'm hoping by next year to have my sewing machine, so that assorted old clothes can become colorful patchwork wrapping bags.

warrior_won
So what are you saying?

Zan
I think she's saying she wants a sewing machine for Christmas.

warrior_won
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

And it seemed so obvious... Right over my head.

Zan
Quote: Originally Posted by warrior_wonView Post

And it seemed so obvious... Right over my head.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

No no... my sewing machine is over the limit for Christmas gifts. lol. And I don't think I'm allowed to just go buy myself one. I think my husband's aunty would be upset if she didn't get to have her sewing guru input on what I buy!

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

No no... my sewing machine is over the limit for Christmas gifts. lol. And I don't think I'm allowed to just go buy myself one. I think my husband's aunty would be upset if she didn't get to have her sewing guru input on what I buy!

Well it's devious but you could go buy the one you really really want and then put "To the love of my life, from The Stallion", open it and run over and hug your husband, then quietly call him "Stallion" in his ear and tell him he'll get some extra oats tonight. heh heh heh

This should trow enough conflicting thoughts and confusion in the air that the sewing machine just might sneak by under the radar and with luck, leave the auntie sew guru for him to handle.

Just sayin'

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Well it's devious but you could go buy the one you really really want and then put "To the love of my life, from The Stallion", open it and run over and hug your husband, then quietly call him "Stallion" in his ear and tell him he'll get some extra oats tonight. heh heh heh

This should trow enough conflicting thoughts and confusion in the air that the sewing machine just might sneak by under the radar and with luck, leave the auntie sew guru for him to handle.

Just sayin'

lol.... the thing is though, that the sewing machine WILL be bought. So I may as well take a smaller gift at Christmas, take the sewing guru with me come February once I've saved up a bit, and go buy a great sewing machine. Christmas gift AND sewing machine AND a happy aunty.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

lol.... the thing is though, that the sewing machine WILL be bought. So I may as well take a smaller gift at Christmas, take the sewing guru with me come February once I've saved up a bit, and go buy a great sewing machine. Christmas gift AND sewing machine AND a happy aunty.

No one ever thinks of The Stallion! heh heh

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

No one ever thinks of The Stallion! heh heh

lol.... suffice it to say my hubby gets plenty of, erm, consideration.

Blackleaf
If only women shopped at this Home Depot place then it would only make only half the money that it makes now.