Behold the Politically Correct nativity scene

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
PC Britain

Behold the PC nativity scene

13th December 2007
The Sun

PC-crazy ... Jon's Christmas card pokes fun at barmy Politically Correct rulings

Totally PC seasons greetings

Spot the PC touches in Sun reader Jon's crazy nativity scene, shown above.

“Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.”

1. Recycling bins outside stable.
2. A sheep plugging veganism - and muzzled incase it bites - plus another sheep advertising British Meat in fairness to non-vegetables
3. Banner proclaims: "Atheism is OK too".
4. Fathers 4 justice protestor in Batman outfit.
5. Solar panels on stable roof.
6. Wise man in a wheelchair.
7. "Safety in the stable" poster.
8. Fire extinguisher next to poster.
9. Angel in high-visibility jacket.
10. Wheelchair ramp to stable.
11. Statues from other religions surround the manger.
12. Joseph wears hard hat - as does Mary.
13. Mothers for justice demonstrator in Wonder Woman outfit.
14. Hand washing facility.
15. Essential first aid kit.
16. Figure in T-shirt with slogan: "Scientology rocks!"
17. Airport-style metal detector.

By CLODAGH HARTLEY
Published: Today
The Sun

BEHOLD a nativity scene to gladden the hearts of politically correct Christmas killjoys everywhere.

It is TOTALLY PC — but yule be forgiven for thinking it is more silent FRIGHT than Silent Night.

Sun reader Jon Gledstone re-worked the traditional stable scene to back our crusade to save Christmas from PC busybodies and health and safety fanatics.

And he sent us a copy after we published a tongue-in-cheek feature on the PC perils of nativity.

Jon is using the picture to decorate his own Christmas cards — and it is packed with barmy PC touches. A muzzle-wearing sheep promotes veganism, while another advertises British meat so non-vegetarians aren’t offended.

An angel wears a high visibility jacket — while a banner proclaims: “Atheism is OK too.” Mary and Joseph sport hard hats beside a “hand washing facility”.

A wheelchair ramp with luminous safety markings leads to the stable, where the three wise men arrive after passing through an airport-style metal detector.

Overhead a Fathers For Justice demonstrator is clad as Batman — while Wonder Woman represents MOTHERS For Justice.

Jon’s hilarious card comes with the greeting: “Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.”

Jon, 26, from Hertford, declared: “I wanted to point out what something as traditional as a nativity scene would look like once the PC brigade got at it.

“The Sun has highlighted so many ridiculous examples of political correctness gone mad.”

We have highlighted a ban on DECORATIONS in case they offend other faiths, a council veto on high street CELEBRATIONS, and kids being made to sing PC versions of festive SONGS at a school party.

Jon groaned: “I’ve heard numerous stories of firms vetting Christmas cards so they won’t offend any possible person or group. At least mine won’t offend anyone.”

You can buy Jon’s £2.50 card online at www.pcstgeorge.co.uk

thesun.co.uk