Any "Afghanada" fans here?

hermite
On CBC. Radio 1. I've been a long time listener, anyone else?

karrie
I don't listen to CBC much... my family are huge alternative rock fans, kids included.

hermite
I like alt rock, too, but I'm way north and don't get much radio reception. And CBC actually plays some great music, every now and then. You just gotta know when to listen.

karrie
If you're on your computer, Sonic 102.9 plays over the net. They're the station my hubby's addicted to.

personally, I'd rather listen to something like CKUA or CBC, something with a broad range of programming.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by hermiteView Post

Coach, I hear somethin out there.

Since it comes on at a time when I'm often in the car, I hear it quite frequently. It's very well written.

iARTthere4iam
I thought it was going to be very lame and stupid. Against my better judgement I have been sucked in when I turned the CBC on and it was playing. It is very compelling. I have only listened to individual shows, I have no idea what the show is about as a whole.

Crashed
Quote: Originally Posted by hermiteView Post

I get to listen to Afghanada maybe twice a week. Great program! I'm a Q-fan as well for the afternoon hours.

iARTthere4iam
Of course Rex Murphy's call in program, cross Canada check-up, is the best on CBC. I would vote for Rex for PM if he were to run.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by iARTthere4iamView Post

Of course Rex Murphy's call in program, cross Canada check-up, is the best on CBC. I would vote for Rex for PM if he were to run.

We are very different people, your labotomy is not working.

darkbeaver
I like Afghanada I think I'v heard all the eposides.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

I like Afghanada I think I'v heard all the eposides.

And that's my total war effort to date except my work here.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

And that's my total war effort to date except my work here.

Your just to lazy to save your country from the Taliban Hordes, you make me sick DB.

hermite
Good to see there are some fans here. I think the show is important for several reasons and I sure wish there was more radio theatre being done. What I wanted to ask fans is, do you think it's changed? It seems to me to be more "gritty" now. Some of the older episodes used to bring a tear to my eye. Now they send a chill up my spine. I loved the one where they found the farm being run by women. I guess it is just indicative of how much more brutal it's getting to be over there. I also enjoy Q. Gian is a real cutie. But Rex....well, ummm....he's interesting. And polite. For PM though, I'd prefer Stuart McLean. The one show I really hate right now, The Weather. I swear, every time I turn it on it's just, "Snow, snow and more snow". Cripes, it's only November, give me a break.

darkbeaver
I'll grant your wish for a weather break, we have cancelled your snow for today and substitutued some surplus sleet we've been trying to move since last winter. enjoy

hermite
'Taint here yet. Just more white stuff filling in all those nice spaces I cleared out yesterday. At least I don't have to go anywhere.

no new posts