You Know It's Christmas Season When...

missile
The Chia Pets go on sale at all the discount outlets

missile
You hear from those relatives who only speak to you once per year

Zan
lol Missile, I have often wondered who keeps the chia folks in business... til I saw this:

makes me wonder what other pranks one could pull with chia ....

missile
Am hoping to see the dancing Turtles ad at least once this year. This candy used to be a staple at my old house with my then growing familyI saw a Bart Simpson Chia at Walmart last year. I bet the same folk who bought the singing bass are the ones who buy them.

karrie
They're pushing the use of chia pets for actual food production now missile... you'll see more and more of them selling to people looking for a little something unusual for their salads.

karrie
And might I add.... you know it's Christmas season when.... you lose fifteen pounds because your ulcer won't let you eat. Woo-hoo!!

darkbeaver
they execute the trees

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

They're pushing the use of chia pets for actual food production now missile... you'll see more and more of them selling to people looking for a little something unusual for their salads.

I saaaaaw that. Blew my mind. Who'da thunk it?

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Yeah ... saw that on the CTV news a couple of nights ago. Geez ... and to think of all those stupid clay statues covered with dead and dried-up vegetation we've all tossed out over the years....

First Christmas music in a Wal-mart ad....

'tis the season for bah humbug
Woof!

Hazmart
When at the mall, everyones walking pace slows to a crawl and they spead out across the hall so you can never get passed them!

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by HazmartView Post

When at the mall, everyones walking pace slows to a crawl and they spead out across the hall so you can never get passed them!

I HAVE the remedy!... My cane, held in a classic cross-checking pose, works - especially when NHL was on strike....

Woof!

triedit
I didnt know they sold chia pets in Canada! Where can I find one? I might have some luck with that sort of plant.

You know it's christmas when you plan a trip to the dollar store for stocking stuffers! I also put in a big Avon order online. My girls love those cheap Avon lip balms.

Sparrow
When you take a run to the store on a quickie errand and it takes you two hours. Bah!

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

I didnt know they sold chia pets in Canada! Where can I find one? I might have some luck with that sort of plant.

You know it's christmas when you plan a trip to the dollar store for stocking stuffers! I also put in a big Avon order online. My girls love those cheap Avon lip balms.

Wal-Mart, Home Hardware, Canadian Tire.... I'm pretty sure they all carry Chia Pets.

And you know what? I tend to totally forget about the damn dollar stores! lol.

Sal
When you start buying all those fabulous things you've always wanted except they get wrapped up and put under the tree as a gift for others.

karrie
When the kids start playing 'I want!!"

eh1eh
Your cat thinks it's going to the party.

karrie
.... the newscasts about the 'war on Christmas' start.

Nuggler
You start saying "Merry Christmas", to people whom you know would rather you use the term "holiday"

missile
Finally fruitcakes are back on sale[the nigh perfect food]