Clocks, Time, Stupid Rules

Curiosity
I leaped out of bed thinking I had to put the clock ahead and I was going to lose an hour....

Have been up for two hours and realize it's "Fall Back"....

Have a good day folks - we have an extra hour to get into trouble.

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

I leaped out of bed thinking I had to put the clock ahead and I was going to lose an hour....

Have been up for two hours and realize it's "Fall Back"....

Have a good day folks - we have an extra hour to get into trouble.

Well if I was around that would of been two hours to get you into trouble , I'm an early riser

eh1eh
Are clocks time? Are you a slave to clocks? Can you free yourself from clocks? Are you doomed to repeat the cycle? Will there be someone to save us? Does it matter? Are clocks time? Ponder. (external - login to view)

Curiosity
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Well if I was around that would of been two hours to get you into trouble , I'm an early riser

ElBarto

I believe it!!! Trouble's your middle name!

Eh1Eh

Yup - clocks are my lifeblood.... growing up in a large family.... late meant all the good stuff had been taken off the big pass around plate.... I was always on time....for survival!

DurkaDurka
I had to show up at work for 8am today to test some network changes, ended up being here an hour early

Pangloss
First time in my life I got the change right. . .

Pangloss

Curiosity
Thank you thank you Pangloss - I feel not so alone any more !

Most years I don't find out until I turn on the evening news at the wrong time!

El Barto

ElBarto

I believe it!!! Trouble's your middle name!

Eh1Eh

Yup - clocks are my lifeblood.... growing up in a large family.... late meant all the good stuff had been taken off the big pass around plate.... I was always on time....for survival!

you really know how to flatter a guy tho i bet you know i'm tame as a kitten, pet me and I'll purr for you.

Curiosity
ElBarto

Exactly - that's when the trouble starts!!!

El Barto

ElBarto

Exactly - that's when the trouble starts!!!

Purrrrfectly understood.

Twila
I was able to manage the time clock change however the extra hour of alcohol intake last night has gotten me. I hate hangovers...an extra hour of sleep has not helped nor will it. I think I'm just going to make a cup of tea, a large glass of ice water, eat some premium plus crackers and go back to bed...

jjaycee98
Quote: Originally Posted by PanglossView Post

First time in my life I got the change right. . .

Pangloss

Well my computer dodn't get it right. Who is responsible for that? Does your Server do that or does Microsoft do an update to fix this?

Curiosity
Oh no Twila's signed off?

I just sort of hijacked her kitty topic and wanted to let her know.....dang

shadowshiv

Oh no Twila's signed off?

I just sort of hijacked her kitty topic and wanted to let her know.....dang

I am sure she will be back later. She is just chillaxing and eating crackers.

Twila
Quote:

She is just chillaxing and eating crackers.

chillaxing is such the right word for it. I never got around to enjoying my tea, had 3-4 crackers went to sleep, woke up with a migraine, went back to sleep. It's now Monday morning. I've successfully wasted an ENTIRE sunday...I slept almost all day and all night.

Seems drinking is for the young. I swear I won't drink for at least another2-3 weeks!

Niflmir
So, a week ago when the rest of the world changed their clocks (and Canada would have if the Government hadn't been a' tinkering) I woke up early because I had an appointment to meet some Australians on line at 8:00 Australian time. Well, they are 8 time zones ahead of Germany so I decided I would show up at 11:00 (adjusted time) just in case they didn't observe daylight savings time because they are in the southern hemisphere.

Thing I didn't expect was that they did observe daylight savings time: they jumped ahead an hour. Yup, daylight savings time is discontinuous across the equator. I was an hour late.

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by jjaycee98View Post

Well my computer dodn't get it right. Who is responsible for that? Does your Server do that or does Microsoft do an update to fix this?

do you mean the time on your computer or the time on your posts at the forum?

the computer one ought to change automatically, but there's an option that needs to be selected to allow it to synchronize with the server's time.

The forum has a tendancy to have the wrong times up but i never look at them

Twila
Quote:

Thing I didn't expect was that they did observe daylight savings time: they jumped ahead an hour. Yup, daylight savings time is discontinuous across the equator. I was an hour late.

Do you ever get the feeling that the universe is just out to **** with you sometimes?

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

chillaxing is such the right word for it. I never got around to enjoying my tea, had 3-4 crackers went to sleep, woke up with a migraine, went back to sleep. It's now Monday morning. I've successfully wasted an ENTIRE sunday...I slept almost all day and all night.

Seems drinking is for the young. I swear I won't drink for at least another2-3 weeks!

Ahhhh. Wasting a day just sleeping. Good times.

Vereya
Wasted four days just sleeping, because I had the flu. Glad to be back online

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Do you ever get the feeling that the universe is just out to **** with you sometimes?

Yup.... Just about every time I get ****ed with....

Woof!

Niflmir
Yeah, seriously Twila. I really don't get this daylight savings thing.