The Right Brain vs Left Brain 'test'

Locutus
Borrowed from another board.

While i seriously doubt gray matter hemisphere dominance can be tested this easily, since in this case much depends on what part of the pic you focus first and in what stage you take a look at it, i still found this gif animation quite cool. It's not a loop because everyone will have a different reaction to it.

www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...012895,00.html (external - login to view)

If you can't get it to change for you, scroll down for a bit till you cant see the picture, then wait a few seconds, then scroll up again but only till see the shadow. Imagine the figure going counter-clockwise. Scroll up.

Weirdness.

Hazmart
That is really neat. She went counter clock wise for me at first but I got her to change direction and then change back!

Sal
Clockwise for me although it was easy to make her turn the other way. Also, if I looked slightly to the left I could make her waver back and forth.

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

triedit
Ditto the result that Sal had. She spent some time going clockwise, then back and forth pretty regularly.

El Barto
I must be brain dead

El Barto
+1
#6  Top Rated Post
the dancer has a short leg. Don't think she can turn in any direction

Curiosity
Clockwise ... I think I cheated - I locked onto her boob and watched its direction rather than the leg

Do we win a prize?

El Barto
+1
Boob!?????? where?

El Barto
+1
um she looks more like she laying on her back.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Boob!?????? where?

Let your focus go deep through the dancer. She'll appear in 3D, riding a spaceboob.

Curiosity
ElBarto .... have you started wearing your winter touque??? Take it off or at least uncover your eyes.....hee I can't imagine you unable to spot a boob at any distance.

Curiosity
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Let your focus go deep through the dancer. She'll appear in 3D, riding a spaceboob.

Shhhhhhhhh don't encourage him Loc....never know what will happen ....

El Barto
+1
Curio hmmm sounds like you have chosen my colours for my portrait.
Am I really that bad?

Curiosity
ElBarto

Not at all at all - change nothing about you - you are adorable and fun and baaaaaaad in a nice way.

El Barto
+1
awww ...so your not going to whip me into shape......no spanking?
Darn i feel let down

Unforgiven
I can see this thread going either way at the moment. snort

flutterby
i can only see her turning clockwise. no matter how i tried to look at it, i could never get her to turn the other way.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

Ditto the result that Sal had. She spent some time going clockwise, then back and forth pretty regularly.

I think they forgot to mention that the ability to view all three happenings means a Mensa IQ

IdRatherBeSkiing
She changed directions on me frequently without me doing anything. Either the test is fixed or I am an extremely balanced individual. I'd bet on the former.

Dexter Sinister
Very odd. According to everything I've read on the subject, I'm strongly left-brained--science and math and reason and logic and precision and details and yadda yadda...--and I'm also so strongly right-handed that my left hand isn't much better than a flipper for most purposes, except for playing a guitar, which is more evidence of left hemisphere dominance. I saw the dancer going only clockwise, despite heroic attempts to focus on other parts of the image and to find the 3D space boob. The site says that suggests right hemisphere dominance, which is contrary to everything I thought I knew about the subject.

Sal
schizophrenia?

daisygirl
What does it mean when the man dances clockwise with her?

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirlView Post

What does it mean when the man dances clockwise with her?

That depends upon whether or not you can see the parrot on his shoulder. That would alter everything.

El Barto
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

That depends upon whether or not you can see the parrot on his shoulder. That would alter everything.

oh your just hoping to see a shadow of a bird Sal , hmm what does that say about the way you think?

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

schizophrenia?

Naw, the voices in my head say the web site must be wrong.

Zan
Well I've long suspected that I do not in fact, possess a so-called left brain. That site confirms it. I managed to get her to stop and sort of try to go counter clockwise, but she immediately changed her mind and resumed the clockwise motion. You'd think she'd be dizzy by now.

daisygirl
Well, that's a woman for you...always changing her mind!

Curiosity
That was fun - but I did get dizzy trying all the exercises....

So I went to Starbucks - which in my little world is a comfort station in many ways. After some caffeine my brain glitches mattered no more. Certainly not to my buddies.

Brinkley
I got counter then clock, then I watched her change back and forth. I think this test is fixed. Like that card trick email that was going around a few years ago.