Spider Love - Nature is brutal

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
We caught this "action" happening in our backyard Monday morning.

You can see the much smaller male spider plucking the web trying to "seduce" the female.

He worked at it long and hard for at least half an hour.

Unfortunatley, he was unsuccessful and ended up as a snack wrapped for later...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Well this poor guy might have been able to learn if he'd been given a chance...unfortunately, it would seem he was soooooo bad that the female probably figured she was doing the spider world a favour by simply making him a meal rather then a mate

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
lol... can you imagine?

"Well officer, he was just so bad in bed, I was doing humanity a favor."

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
hmm, sadly yes I can imagine...the world would be without 2 minute men. Not so bad really....lol Personal Message sales might hit a slump for a bit...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Arachnophobic...yeah, that would be me...title of thread... "spider love"... warning about what was on the video... yup...but I just haaaaaaad to watch... O M G.... did you see the size of that beach... she was huuuuumungo.... O M G...why do I do these things to my self... *shiver*

*sigh*

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
oh, I love tarantula's! They are amazing. We have Anole lizards in a tank and I'd asked my daughter what she thought about having a tarantual in there when the anole's passed on. But she's scared of spiders...Maybe one day....

They seem quit sensative....I'd read that if you don't remove uneaten food it can cause them stress...uneaten food as in still live food... They just look soo cute too.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I am a fan of lizards however.

Have you seen the Asian Water Dragon? They have to be the cutest lizards ever! They seem to have some kind of secret ancient wisdom behind those impressive eyes!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
We caught this "action" happening in our backyard Monday morning.

You can see the much smaller male spider plucking the web trying to "seduce" the female.

He worked at it long and hard for at least half an hour.

Unfortunatley, he was unsuccessful and ended up as a snack wrapped for later...

Is the snack-wrapped part going to be placed up later?8O

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
snack wrapped picture coming up...

voila!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
k, well it's hard to tell that she's wrapping up the unsuccessful suitor, being that he was so small...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
well we watched the show for quite some time before I came up with the brilliant idea of getting the digital camera! then I filmed his serenade for about a minute. Went to delete some old pictures so I could take film some more and when I looked back at the web it was inhabited by only 1 live spider!

I completely missed te poor guys demise!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
well we watched the show for quite some time before I came up with the brilliant idea of getting the digital camera! then I filmed his serenade for about a minute. Went to delete some old pictures so I could take film some more and when I looked back at the web it was inhabited by only 1 live spider!

I completely missed te poor guys demise!

Typical. Someone does something foolish(in this case, a male spider) and that is captured on film, but when it matters most, other things are being done. Poor spider. No one will ever know what his final moments looked like.;-):lol::p