How's your relationship with your computer?

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Seems many of us can get a l'il emotional about our computers.......

It’s the relationship you spend more time on than any other. It has deepened even during the past few years. When things go wrong, you become enraged and tearful and attack inanimate objects — but you’re willing to spend hours making things right.

When confronted with a dead computer, 19 percent admitted to wanting to hurl it out the nearest window, 9 percent felt stranded and alone, 11 percent used language normally reserved for special occasions, 7 percent did so loudly, 3 percent did so tearfully and 3 percent additionally vented their wrath on inanimate objects. (They were not asked about animate targets — it was a survey, not a police blotter.) Full Story Here

triedit

inimitable
I am happier with my current computer than I have been with anything living or inanimate in my whole life. Sad as it may seem, it does everything I ask it to, usually without reminder or nagging and it never talks back.

Media Center ROCKS!

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I've reloaded windows more times then I can remember so a dead computer is easy.It it's the little problems that get me. Right now I have no sound because my sound card driver causes a fatal error and my comp spontaniously restarts. Very annoying. I'm going to try a different card. Meanwhile I've spent lots of time getting updates of the software and redoing stuff I've lost.:x

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I've gotta get me some of new fangled sound. I've been running a Flintstone 400Mhz for a coon's age. :lol:

p.s. I must have missed Canucklehead becoming a mod. I don't get the newsletter. So I say, bravo!;-)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He's been mod since before your Flintstone ;-)

He walks softly but carries a big stick. He's like the team bouncer.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
lol I have been a mod since ummm December 16th 2005, just a wee bit on the absent side lately :)

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
As for my relationship with my computer...well.. what can I say but....

that is really none of yer damned business!!! nosy nosy people!

pardon the abruptness but we are going through a rough period right now LOL