people that live to hurt people

Dreadful Nonsense
Blue rodeo said it best:

"The trash lines up at my door just to bring me the news"

Coddfish
Do people who hurt other people have a life? Or, better yet, a heart? It makes me wonder because, if they don't have those two things, then what's the point of living to them?

daisygirl
What bothers me the most are people who pretend to be friends and then stick a knife in their "friends'" backs when they're not looking.

How does that saying go? "A leopard never changes the colour of its spots." Something like that. And obviously oh so true!

Dreadful Nonsense
*sees spoon on ground*
*steps into phone booth ***switcho chango presto***

*morphs into CRAZEEEE *

*turns spoon into knife*

yay! hatred and bitterness turns a spoon into a weapon!!!
nutbars unite!!!!we can have our pie and eat it too!!!

Hi let me into your life so i can bring you pain at every turn...no matter what the cost!!!

i'm your friend.....you need to know this......see it's all true and in perfect context!!!!

Sal
The older I get, and the closer I come to the end of my time here, the faster I am to discard rotty baggage. In my younger day, I thought that by listening and being supportive of super damaged people who were wallowing in their self imposed victimology, I was doing some kind of wonderful thing for mankind. Now I know I was wasting precious time with people who wanted to stay stuck.

Now I just cut 'em lose and move on. Gives me time to be with people who have something to share and really do struggle with moving onward and upward this time around. If my pain is their gain, they have one last shot at me as they view my back while I exit their tiny, pitiful little existence.

Sounds harsh but that's the way I do things now.

Curiosity
Sal luv - wise words but how do you know the difference?

Sometimes we cannot always bring success to people - even though that is what we wished for them - but do not blame them or cut them off if they do not attain your perceived goal for them. They have to find their own way and want it badly enough.

There will still be some people you can have an impact upon and assist through a troubled series of events....and there will always be the malingerers.... how to tell which is which?

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Sal luv - wise words but how do you know the difference?

Sometimes we cannot always bring success to people - even though that is what we wished for them - but do not blame them or cut them off if they do not attain your perceived goal for them. They have to find their own way and want it badly enough.

There will still be some people you can have an impact upon and assist through a troubled series of events....and there will always be the malingerers.... how to tell which is which?

Honestly Curiosity, I don't know how I know the difference except I can spot 'em a mile away. It takes a few in-depth conversations and any bitterness tends to surface. They are typically the ones who blame everything on everyone else. Their x is a nightmare. Their friends trick and betray them. Their family never understands them. Any kind of "twist" and I do my turn. Doesn't mean you can't support them in the moment or even superficially on a daily basis if you work with them. I just set my boundaries and close off my personal life.

I never have goals for people including myself. This is contrary to what our society teaches us. We must always have goals. I just never went in that direction, I am always too busy living the moment. I haven't figured out yet "how" that works for me except I think you have to maximize every moment and the rest just falls into place. Give it our all. It's worked for the last 51 years, I hope it works for the next grace period. lol

Curiosity
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

Honestly Curiosity, I don't know how I know the difference except I can spot 'em a mile away. It takes a few in-depth conversations and any bitterness tends to surface. They are typically the ones who blame everything on everyone else. Their x is a nightmare. Their friends trick and betray them. Their family never understands them. Any kind of "twist" and I do my turn. Doesn't mean you can't support them in the moment or even superficially on a daily basis if you work with them. I just set my boundaries and close off my personal life.

I never have goals for people including myself. This is contrary to what our society teaches us. We must always have goals. I just never went in that direction, I am always too busy living the moment. I haven't figured out yet "how" that works for me except I think you have to maximize every moment and the rest just falls into place. Give it our all. It's worked for the last 51 years, I hope it works for the next grace period. lol

Good thoughts Sal

I liked the point you made about not having "goals for people or self" - because there is bound to be disappointment when goals are not attained, even if they would have been counter productive anyway.

I also liked the way you view things and I could use a lesson or two in trying the views out on my own way of handling my personal life. Thanks for giving me something to chew on today....it is of value to me. Curio

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Good thoughts Sal

I liked the point you made about not having "goals for people or self" - because there is bound to be disappointment when goals are not attained, even if they would have been counter productive anyway.

I also liked the way you view things and I could use a lesson or two in trying the views out on my own way of handling my personal life. Thanks for giving me something to chew on today....it is of value to me. Curio

Girl, you are interesting. You are very open-minded. Most people think that with out specific goals one will go nowhere. Of course "nowhere" is a relative term. Challenge me on these posts along the way okay. I think we have different but very parallel ideas. A challenge causes one to think deeper about one's position and sometimes causes a shift for the better. Thanks Curio.

Kreskin
Sorry people, we went to move some thread but technical problems got us messed up. If you want to fight about the Viner stuff I would suggest the Combined Viner thread in Wreck Beach. Thanks, and my apologies.

Unforgiven
What an oddly convenient way things happen some days.

Happy Thanksgiving Mods.

Cosmo
Don't be an ***, Unforgiven. The software is fairly new to us all and we've never had to use these things till the Viner bunch arrived with their constant back biting and fighting. It's lack of needing to use the functions, not purposeful deletion. The staff is well within their rights to delete whatever we see fit ... we have no need to use subterfuge if we want to remove something.

daisygirl
It wasn't Viner stuff, Kreskin..it was actually CC stuff. That PM I quoted is still right there in my private messages...but then you know that since I sent all of the mods a copy.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirlView Post

It wasn't Viner stuff, Kreskin..it was actually CC stuff.

CC stuff full of "here you go again" Viner stuff.

Unforgiven
No need to be insulting Cosmo.

Quote: Originally Posted by CosmoView Post

Don't be an ***, Unforgiven. The software is fairly new to us all and we've never had to use these things till the Viner bunch arrived with their constant back biting and fighting. It's lack of needing to use the functions, not purposeful deletion. The staff is well within their rights to delete whatever we see fit ... we have no need to use subterfuge if we want to remove something.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

Hmmm.... Do you know the last three ladies who washed their feet in my life perchance? Narcissistism, bi-polar, MPD - complete with sleletons in the closets and bats in the belfrey.

Why do I attract them? Maybe it's because I listen. Maybe it's because I care. Maybe I was just too damned vulnerable. This big heart is a too-open and convenient landing ground. At least I came ahead from the last one when I actually got nerve enough to take a big risk. The rest is a long involved story.

Wolf

triedit
And that's why you are so easy to love, Wolfie!

lone wolf
Awww ... shucks ... shuffle ....

Actually, I worried about it enough that I went to counselling. I mean ... it couldn't be the rest of the world, right? Counsellor scoped out my big failing right away.... Boundaries! I don't set up clear and strong ones. She did like my cutsie-pie little feel-good analogy though:

A wounded heart is like a bird with a broken wing. I can pick it up and take it home. I can feed it and love it. I can make it strong and fix its hurts. When it''s all better, it's time to go, so it poops on me and flys away....

Thanks

Wolf

mapleleafs67
this seems like the perfect subject in hockey forums

triedit
Ive been able to conquer that in my love relationships. Still working on it with "friends" though.

karrie
A common story wolf... the kind hearted get trampled all over. I guess it's a balancing act of some sort that the universe must play out. I know I've seen and lived it time and time again.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by mapleleafs67View Post

this seems like the perfect subject in hockey forums

Yeah.... Don Cherry would drop one in his pants. His big collar would make like a blocked highway culvert and his head would explode ... all live on CBC!

Wolf

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

A common story wolf... the kind hearted get trampled all over. I guess it's a balancing act of some sort that the universe must play out. I know I've seen and lived it time and time again.

Ah well.... Who sleeps better (without Uncle Arthur)

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Hmmm.... Do you know the last three ladies who washed their feet in my life perchance? Narcissistism, bi-polar, MPD - complete with sleletons in the closets and bats in the belfrey.

Why do I attract them? Maybe it's because I listen. Maybe it's because I care. Maybe I was just too damned vulnerable. This big heart is a too-open and convenient landing ground. At least I came ahead from the last one when I actually got nerve enough to take a big risk. The rest is a long involved story.

Wolf

Mmmmmm honey, *lick lips and contemplates* PM me, and if'n you are old enough and rich with a really bad cough, .... well.... we could date. Yes siree!

Quote:

Actually, I worried about it enough that I went to counselling. I mean ... it couldn't be the rest of the world, right? Counsellor scoped out my big failing right away.... Boundaries! I don't set up clear and strong ones. She did like my cutsie-pie little feel-good analogy though:

A wounded heart is like a bird with a broken wing. I can pick it up and take it home. I can feed it and love it. I can make it strong and fix its hurts. When it''s all better, it's time to go, so it poops on me and flys away....

Thanks

Wolf

I love your analogy, it is totally cute but it is sad too in that the bird with a broken wing can sometimes in reality be, a serpent in little wounded birdy feather disguise. It may sound like I am jaded but maybe the bird with the broken wing got the wing break trying to suck the life out of some creature it thought was weaker when........ SURPRISE, it met it's match.

I tell my current partner that he is the luckiest s**t on earth to have met me because he is too loving and giving and sweet for any female but me, me me.........meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...it's all about me honey. Seriously I love this guy, so if we ever went our separate ways for any reason, I would definitely want to interview any woman who showed an interest in him because as soon as a female opens her sweet little mouth with the siren's song, he gets suckered in. Except with ME of course as I am absolutely the most perfect of woman. *big grin* Just ask me, I'll tell ya.

If we get to know each other well wolf, I will screen for you. Promise.

Curiosity
Sal

Promise never never to abandon this forum....... you are a riot!!!

goat
hehe.

Enjoy your new you wolf

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Wolf

Maybe they had nice boobs!!

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

Maybe they had nice boobs!!

Well ... um ... uh ... ya.... That too....

Wolf

no new posts