Rough week

triedit
#1
First my hubby's friend hits on me and ruins Thanksgiving.

Then my son assaults me.

Now the mods have me on "moderated status" because they don't like how Im dealing with the new censorship.

Tough week.
 
hermanntrude
#2
I got hit by a car on wednesday if that helps :0)
 
triedit
#3
Hope you are ok. Honestly.
 
DurkaDurka
#4
You had a crappy week, happens to everyone. I'm sure next week will be kinder to you.
 
DurkaDurka
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

I got hit by a car on wednesday if that helps :0)

you playing chicken again Hermann?
 
hermanntrude
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

Hope you are ok. Honestly.

I am but my bike sure isn't :0)

just letting you know we all have bad days.

The mods really don't mean you any harm, I promise. Take it from a member who's been here for a long time.
 
Curiosity
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

First my hubby's friend hits on me and ruins Thanksgiving.

Then my son assaults me.

Now the mods have me on "moderated status" because they don't like how Im dealing with the new censorship.

Tough week.

TriedIt

You have omitted a very important part of your terrible week which nobody should have to experience - the outpouring of support you received from your friends here, and from people who don't know you well, but would never condone that behavior from (1) your husband's buddy, and (2) your son.

Hurt takes a while to clear out - but when it feels time for you to venture back to the topics - realize how many people rushed to your side - trying to help you over the bad days...

That is pure gold m'dear....pure gold.... and unfortunately it doesn't happen that often any more in real life.
 
triedit
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

I am but my bike sure isn't :0)

just letting you know we all have bad days.

The mods really don't mean you any harm, I promise. Take it from a member who's been here for a long time.

I know that. I just think it's totally ridiculous that I can't choose what I feel is appropriate to share. I honestly felt that airing my angst regarding my son would do me some good (since immediate help was not available via help phone, family, etc) and that if I was open and honest about it someone else might feel a little less lost if they had the same situation.

My intent was not to air dirty laundry. But at the same time I was looking to this place as more than just a social hangout. I don't fear lukers or internet weirdos. I simply wanted to use my valuable internet time to reach out to people I thought were friends and garner support. Yes, the subject matter was sticky. Yes, striking a child in the face is (as I now have been told) a criminal offense. It would seem that simply removing that part of the post and sending off a PM about it would have sufficed.

Now Im feeling VERY judged--not as a parent but as a person. One of the things I like about myself and that others like about me is a willingness to be open and honest about issues that concern me. I now know I can't do that here, and that tells me this isnt the place for me to expend my energies. I need someplace where openness is accepted--even encouraged--instead of where touchy topics are swept under a rug and not allowed.

I am truly sorry for causing moderator angst.

I can't live by these rules. That's the bottom line. I don't feel free to be who I am. So I probably will be moving on I think.

Its funny though that this forum allows for people to talk openly about using an illegal drug (marijuana) but I can't voice my frustration and reaction about my kid. That someone can talk about wanting to commit suicide (also illegal) and not be put under the microscope by the mods.

Touchy subjects of a personal nature are taboo at CC. Got it.
 
triedit
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

TriedIt

You have omitted a very important part of your terrible week which nobody should have to experience - the outpouring of support you received from your friends here, and from people who don't know you well, but would never condone that behavior from (1) your husband's buddy, and (2) your son.

Hurt takes a while to clear out - but when it feels time for you to venture back to the topics - realize how many people rushed to your side - trying to help you over the bad days...

That is pure gold m'dear....pure gold.... and unfortunately it doesn't happen that often any more in real life.

I do appreciate the support and I have grown to count on it here because you folks are the greatest. I wish that could continue for all of us. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Intimacy is not to be tolerated. Except of course for sex with animals and the use of illegal substances.
 
lone wolf
#10
I had to admit I'm mortal again....
( Damn beavers)

Wolf
 
Cosmo
#11
Sorry, Triedit. Not another thread on this. I'm closing this one.
 

Similar Threads

12
The rough side of parenting
by karrie | Aug 21st, 2008
5
A rough patch for the special relationship
by Blackleaf | Feb 8th, 2007
0
Rough Trade
by missile | Jul 30th, 2005
no new posts