What happened to the post of family words?

Twila
What happened to the post about unique family words and phrases? I was fairly certain I'd read it...Have I gone insane?

Twila
Never mind...found it..gah! what a tard

karrie
yes... you've gone insane. Don't let the blue monkey lick your face Twila... DON'T!!!

I bumped the 'drain salad' thread up for you. That is the right one, right? Or have I gone insane now? *she asks while petting a purple cow*

Twila
Thank you so much Karrie....I suspected insanity might have been the cause of it...having been driven insane before I know what a short drive it really is! lol. blue monkey's are nice...sooo nice...and they smell so sweet.

Dreadful Nonsense
Hey can i turn this thread into a lil doc ness.....it seems it's run it's course and it's a shame to just let it go to waste.....
i could post pics of my hobbies

hermanntrude
go ahead, dude. But gimme your email before u get banned

karrie
lol. Um... while I have no qualms about you highjacking the thread for chitchat Doc... the same forum rules apply here as everywhere else.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

lol. Um... while I have no qualms about you highjacking the thread for chitchat Doc... the same forum rules apply here as everywhere else.

sorry for hijacking the thread.

does she actually think i would honestly share me pride and joys with her after that!!!! HRRRRRUUMMMPHHHHhhhhhh!

Twila
can't you share it with the rest of us Doc?

karrie
Hey.... I said feel free... highjack away!

As for your pride and joys... I never said you couldn't share. For all I know, your hobby is knitting, and you have some really cute booties to show off. Unf showed off pics of his hobby and managed to not get banned. All I did is warn you there are rules! lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

sorry for hijacking the thread.

does she actually think i would honestly share me pride and joys with her after that!!!! HRRRRRUUMMMPHHHHhhhhhh!

Dreadful Nonsense

Hey.... I said feel free... highjack away!

As for your pride and joys... I never said you couldn't share. For all I know, your hobby is knitting, and you have some really cute booties to show off. Unf showed off pics of his hobby and managed to not get banned. All I did is warn you there are rules! lol.

whoah lighten up there karrie...it was a joke all round...sheeesh what a grouch!!!!!

And why pray tell am i being mentioned in the same sentence with he that i am not supposed to mention

here have a jelly baby...they always make me feel better

karrie

whoah lighten up there karrie...it was a joke all round...sheeesh what a grouch!!!!!

here have a jelly baby...they always make me feel better

why is it when I laugh I get taken seriously? Yet if I try to come down on someone, no one believes I'm being serious? What am I doing wrong!? Argh!!!

hermanntrude
perhaps like with sarcastic purple, you should have a serious colour

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

perhaps like with sarcastic purple, you should have a serious colour

Well, what's the color I should use when I'm laughing!? the lol's don't seem to be showing up today!

hermanntrude
I'd say stick to black when no special emphasis is intended, LOLs included, purple for sarcasm, and perhaps moderator green for serious laying-down-the-law stuff

Dreadful Nonsense

Well, what's the color I should use when I'm laughing!? the lol's don't seem to be showing up today!

yeah well thats the problem in this world....

hey karrie C'Mere...hugs....doc's off colour today...

Twila
Oh a serious colour...wow..that would make it simple.

Can we all choose what the serious colour will be?

karrie
lol... it makes me sick to type in mod green. It's way too much!

I'd say stick to black when no special emphasis is intended, LOLs included, purple for sarcasm, and perhaps moderator green for serious laying-down-the-law stuff

karrie

....doc's off colour today...

well, apparently, you just need to pick a new one... talk to Herm, he might have some ideas

eh1eh
I guess I'll go off topic. Is 'tard' one of those words?

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

I guess I'll go off topic. Is '___' one of those words?

I hate that word. Too many mentally handicapped people in my life for me to look kindly on that one.

Dreadful Nonsense

I hate that word. Too many mentally handicapped people in my life for me to look kindly on that one.

yeah but i'm yer fav tard

hermanntrude
my wife calls me a retard regularly, and my sister has a very severe case of cerebral paulsy. Should I be annoyed? I'm not...

karrie
I don't really know what to say Herm. Whether you should or shouldnt be annoyed probably has a lot to do with how you heard the term bandied about in the past.

hermanntrude
it's not a common word in the UK.

I chose not to be upset, since that's nearly always the right choice in these matters. And of ourse I know my wife means no harm by it

karrie
I heard it a lot growing up. it was the word du jour. And it was never said kindly.

Don't get me wrong, I don't take offense or get horridly upset. I just don't like the use.

I think the worst for me though, is hearing someone else use it in reference to themselves.

DurkaDurka
Doc, I would like to see your hobbies expressed through images, as long as you exclude the German and Japanese one's.

eh1eh

my wife calls me a retard regularly, and my sister has a very severe case of cerebral paulsy. Should I be annoyed? I'm not...

Retard implies you are trying. Tard is just so final.