I Hate Young People

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Wow, makes me laugh.

Old people having no idea what they are talking about, mixed with a healthy dose of forgetting their own past.

Coddfish

Electoral Member
May 29, 2007
Ontario
I find it sad to think that these people think that the younger generation is like this. Let me just point some things out...

1. Some young people do not say stuff like the "N" word or whatever word to call their friend.
2. Some young people do not get obsessed by celebrities like Britney or Paris.
3. Some young people don't listen to garbage like rap music.
4. Some young people do dress approperly.
5. Some young people are actually nice and polite.
And so on...

While I do agree with them with some things, like cell phones and stuff like that, I'm still a bit disapointed that they think this. And next time, if they get a chance to rant again, they should at least get their facts straight.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Don't take it too hard Coddfish. It goes back and forth. The young think the old is cranky and know it all, and the old think the young are niave and dumb.

Reactions: Coddfish

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I hate everybody! People are dumb, fat, lazy, ignorant, smelly, loud, and wrong. Mostly I hate people who think they're always right ;)

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
lol They've been saying things like this since Socrates time.

Don't take it personally, Coddy. People said it about my generation, too. All generations get it said about them in some form or other. It will probably continue forever. And no, obviously it does not include all young people. Old folks like me just like to complain about something! lol

Example:

The young are permanently in a state resembling intoxication.
Aristotle

Last edited:

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
I may be getting old, but old people have one fallback against young people. Your time is coming, and we know it. Your back will hurt, disease will set in, pain will come, your teeth will rot, your skin will sag, and before you know it, you are limping all bent over.8O

Just wait. But the best part of being old is: We don't care what others think about us anymore.

Uncle

Reactions: daisygirl

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I don't know where I fit in the 'old people young people' spectrum.

I think I'll just keep busy hating myself, and let everyone worry about eachother.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
When you shelter a person from reality in the name of "Keeping innocence", you can expect some pretty radical changes when you drop the charade.

Case in point: we have all seen at least one person go hog wild partying after a straight laced childhood once they left home and hit the drinking age.

Other than that, this is just another bad case of pigeon holing. Replace old and young with left and right, and watch the mud fly. Thankfully we are not monkeys. I suppose I can live with mud...

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I think we all still have a little dirty ape in us, some are just too uptight to embrace it ;)