I Hate Young People

Twila
K, this is kind of funny....and I think I am now fully aware I'm getting old...I agree with some of what they're saying....

richcollier.com/IHateYoungPeople/videos.html (external - login to view)

Zzarchov
Wow, makes me laugh.

Old people having no idea what they are talking about, mixed with a healthy dose of forgetting their own past.

Twila
k, and another site

www.grumpyoldsod.com/ (external - login to view)

Coddfish
I find it sad to think that these people think that the younger generation is like this. Let me just point some things out...

1. Some young people do not say stuff like the "N" word or whatever word to call their friend.
2. Some young people do not get obsessed by celebrities like Britney or Paris.
3. Some young people don't listen to garbage like rap music.
4. Some young people do dress approperly.
5. Some young people are actually nice and polite.
And so on...

While I do agree with them with some things, like cell phones and stuff like that, I'm still a bit disapointed that they think this. And next time, if they get a chance to rant again, they should at least get their facts straight.

Twila
Don't take it too hard Coddfish. It goes back and forth. The young think the old is cranky and know it all, and the old think the young are niave and dumb.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

K, this is kind of funny....and I think I am now fully aware I'm getting old...I agree with some of what they're saying....

richcollier.com/IHateYoungPeople/videos.html (external - login to view)

I stuck with the site for more than 90 seconds... it continues, they ask why don't you like old people. They seemed to all agree, old people smell.

Tonington
I hate everybody! People are dumb, fat, lazy, ignorant, smelly, loud, and wrong. Mostly I hate people who think they're always right

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

I hate everybody! People are dumb, fat, lazy, ignorant, smelly, loud, and wrong. Mostly I hate people who think they're always right

agreed.

eh1eh

Dude. You're on the right track.

daisygirl
lol They've been saying things like this since Socrates time.

Don't take it personally, Coddy. People said it about my generation, too. All generations get it said about them in some form or other. It will probably continue forever. And no, obviously it does not include all young people. Old folks like me just like to complain about something! lol

Example:

The young are permanently in a state resembling intoxication.
Aristotle (external - login to view)
Last edited by daisygirl; Sep 20th, 2007 at 09:21 PM..Reason: Adding example

Tonington
Hormones = intoxication, lol. Works for me

unclepercy
I may be getting old, but old people have one fallback against young people. Your time is coming, and we know it. Your back will hurt, disease will set in, pain will come, your teeth will rot, your skin will sag, and before you know it, you are limping all bent over.

Just wait. But the best part of being old is: We don't care what others think about us anymore.

Uncle

Nuggler
Just as soon as I get old, I'm gonna hate young people.

The NUGGLER(GOD THAT UNF'S A GREAT GUY)

karrie
I don't know where I fit in the 'old people young people' spectrum.

I think I'll just keep busy hating myself, and let everyone worry about eachother.

Niflmir
When you shelter a person from reality in the name of "Keeping innocence", you can expect some pretty radical changes when you drop the charade.

Case in point: we have all seen at least one person go hog wild partying after a straight laced childhood once they left home and hit the drinking age.

Other than that, this is just another bad case of pigeon holing. Replace old and young with left and right, and watch the mud fly. Thankfully we are not monkeys. I suppose I can live with mud...

hermanntrude
Not monkeys. Apes.

say it with me:

"I am an ape"

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

Not monkeys. Apes.

say it with me:

"I am an ape"

The naked ape.

Tonington
I'm a dirty ape.

hermanntrude

I'm a dirty ape.

there you go, that's the spirit

Tonington
I think we all still have a little dirty ape in us, some are just too uptight to embrace it