Vintage clothing

Dreadful Nonsense
Anyone ever buy any?
In the mid eighties i walked into Courage my Love in Kensington Market here in T.O.

Hell i got fully clothed with new vintage never worn stuff for like 30 bucks.....

I got these tight pants...stove pipes real tight....still had the sears label on em....
couple of used bowling shirts, and went to the Black Market and got a couple of died black shirts....

shoes....wow what a find....these were like leather with the top of the foot part a black fabric insert...very classy...but the quality was such they had a leather inner sole....after wearing them the sweat from your feet and warmth formed them to your feet...i have never had a more comfy shoe....for 8 bucks.....today the only ones come close are the top of the line dacks...made in england.....

in any case the pants were really weird for when i had em on they brought me back....way back....visiting my mom...she went"Wow where you get the nice new pants?"..."now thats nice!"....told her they were like bought from old warehouse stock and she said they were indeed the very ones she bought me when i was like 10!!!!

the **** split on them once just before a date....went into a dress shoppe at bloor and lansdowne ....said "Please tell me you can fix this!!"...turned round to show em me **** sticking out.....they all guffawed big time.....told me to take em off...which i started to do right there in the store...they pinted to a fitting room ...loled some more ....and did it for free!!!!

these were the days when doc was on a variety of recreational fun stuff...and life was one big recreational playgorund!!!!

karrie
I buy vintage for costumes and such. But vintage doesn't work well for everyday wear when you have hips like mine. I'd have required custom tailoring constantly had I been living 30 years ago.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I buy vintage for costumes and such. But vintage doesn't work well for everyday wear when you have hips like mine. I'd have required custom tailoring constantly had I been living 30 years ago.

ah were back to these infamous hips ....do you have any idea what hips are really all about.....
sung to the HAIR song:

GIMME SOME HIPS WITH CARE

LARGE loving care..
Big ones fat ones
HIPS
i don't really care
long as the're there!!!!

karrie
lol. Nice.

Twila
I love how some stores call it vintage and increase the price by nearly 90% while stores that simply state...second hand costs less...

I like certain stores, but I can't handle clutter. I can't handle it when stores are over crowded with people and with items. My eyes and my brain can't settle...

I think I was meant to be rich...then I'd have no problems shopping...high end stores are never cluttered, never crowded and always have things laid out nicely...k, off to buy a lottery ticket...

Dreadful Nonsense
my blinds are open and can't see screen well...so read it like this in peurple

Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

I love how some *w h o r e s* call it vintage and increase the price by nearly 90% while *w h o r e s* that simply state...second hand costs less...

I like certain w h o r e s, but I can't handle clutter. I can't handle it when w h o r e s are over crowded with people and with items. My eyes and my brain can't settle...

I think I was meant to be rich...then I'd have no problems shopping...high end w h o r e s are never cluttered, never crowded and always have things laid out nicely...k, off to buy a lottery ticket...

ah well

lone wolf
The secret is: Go in to the Sally Ann or Goodwill or Rags to Riches dressed in very unco-ordinated clothing, twitch and talk to yourself a lot. Guaranteed, you'll have every asile to yourself....

Wolf

DurkaDurka
what is a *****?

Twila
Quote:

The secret is: Go in to the Sally Ann or Goodwill or Rags to Riches dressed in very unco-ordinated clothing, twitch and talk to yourself a lot. Guaranteed, you'll have every asile to yourself....

That would solve 1 problem, now if there was only a way I could make them clean it up, organize it and make it look esthetically pleasing for when I'm there.

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

my blinds are open and can't see screen well...so read it like this in peurple

ah well

Doc, me thinks you be missing the pirate lassies....what with the way you speak of *****s constantly...Mayhap it's back to sea for ya!

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Doc, me thinks you be missing the pirate lassies....what with the way you speak of *****s constantly...Mayhap it's back to sea for ya!

ahahaha...it's cause we be at sea so long and na're i sight of the fairer sex...i got me the worse case of blue devils ya ever saw lassie.....

walking around round with blue breadfruit for manhood lassie....
got to wear yer bra to keep em from banging together ouch!!!

DurkaDurka
Doc, do you consider your petrified briefs to be "vintage"?

Twila
Quote:

walking around round with blue breadfruit for manhood lassie....
got to wear yer bra to keep em from banging together ouch!!!

Being that that this IS the internet I"m trying to decide whether the bra should a triple D and I feel sorry for your sorry state or a -A.....

gopher
+1
#14  Top Rated Post
I'm kinda old fashion when it comes to lady's attire and view hats (esp cloches) as being very feminine and flattering to women. Here are a few examples:

villagehatshop.resultspage.com/hats/Cloche (external - login to view)

www.maggiemae.com/holiday.htm (external - login to view)

To me, that's the type of beautiful vintage clothes ladies should wear. There just isn't a woman anywhere who would not look beautiful with such a hat on.

Twila
Gopher, I do think your a romantic. I love old style hats. Can't wear them though, they make my head itchy and I over heat! maybe if I wore a hat and nothing else....that might help. Although I understand there isn't much heat in the holding cells...

gopher
+1
hahahaha -- good one!!