Top 10 Wackiest Conspiracy Theories

gc
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

good money, you said. The only good money for the canadian government to get in a dodgy manner would surely be CAD, since any other currency would need conversion and hence raise questions. Perhaps they pay in gold?

I think Karrie meant that the aliens pay the government in technology, and the government sells that technology to Canadians for $$$.

Albertabound
Here is one for you. It's just a theory.........just like evolution.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com:80/ (external - login to view)

and just like evolution the evidence is over whelming. You decide.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

good money, you said. The only good money for the canadian government to get in a dodgy manner would surely be CAD, since any other currency would need conversion and hence raise questions. Perhaps they pay in gold?

I said "Our governments make good money, don't you know, by taking alien technological gifts in return..."

Not that the aliens pay them in cash, but that they gift them in technology which the governments then profit from.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by gcView Post

I think Karrie meant that the aliens pay the government in technology, and the government sells that technology to Canadians for $$$.

indeed gc. thank you. you've seen them too haven't you? you know how it all works. lol.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Eh1eh... that could be how they track us.

"This one's dumb enough to shop at Crappy Tire... take him."

Yes, the Wal-mart shoppers are too dumb for them.

gc
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

indeed gc. thank you. you've seen them too haven't you? you know how it all works. lol.

Shhhhhhhhhh.....you'll get me arrested!!

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Really, I'd love to know how the spreading of wealth - lessening the gap between rich and poor - is such a threat unless you happen to be one of the few who stole yours "fair and square"

Wolf

Well the commies did build a wall to keep their people in didn't they?

EagleSmack

Do you ever respond in sensible fashion? Drama really isn't your best suite. How do you know and how is it even your concern where I'm aching to live? Stalinism is to communist as Bush is to nazism. There is a middle ground called reality. Uncle Sam's fairy tales, like Uncle Joe's propaganda, are nowhere near it.

Wolf

And Kruschev, Breznev, etc. etc. were leaders of the people. Communism is and always has been an oppressive form of government. They justified their brutality as neccessary for the fullfillment of their glorious revolution on their march to be a worker's paradise.

lone wolf
Stalinism/Maoism were not communism as prescribed by Karl Marx. Dex posted an excellent account in this thread which I don't think I can make any clearer here. Unfortunately, it really doesn't look like rabid capitalism is working for the vast majority of people either. Donald Trumps and Bill Gates' are few and far between.

Wolf

Toro

Stalinism/Maoism were not communism as prescribed by Karl Marx. Dex posted an excellent account in this thread which I don't think I can make any clearer here. Unfortunately, it really doesn't look like rabid capitalism is working for the vast majority of people either. Donald Trumps and Bill Gates' are few and far between.

Wolf

A third of the entire US economy is government spending, only about 5% less than Canada. (And defense spending is only ~3%) That's hardly "rabid capitalism."

Mao and Stalin may not be "true" communists, but they claimed to have been. Arguing that Marx's vision wasn't what was adhered to confirms to me that Marx was merely wrong about human nature. Think of Maoism and Stalinism and the USSR, etc., as being "practical communism" as opposed to what academics and 35 year-old perpetual students discuss in coffee shops and dusty academic journals nobody else reads.

lone wolf
Rabid ... as in 1% of a population in control of 99% of the wealth - and I'm probably being generous to the poor....

So what if Maoism/Stalinism claimed to adhere to the principles of Marx. Bush and Harper claim to care about their citizens too. Doesn't make it right does it?

Wolf

Toro

Rabid ... as in 1% of a population in control of 99% of the wealth - and I'm probably being generous to the poor....

Not!

lone wolf
Is so....

Wolf