Nature Over Nurture


Unforgiven
#1

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvG3NueKXS6dk



How can it be?
 
Twila
#2
ah, that's sooo cute. I wonder if she'll change once she has a calf of her own?
 
Unforgiven
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

ah, that's sooo cute. I wonder if she'll change once she has a calf of her own?

Good question. She does associate with the pod down river so there is the possibility that she will mate. Could be that she will introduce her offspring to a free meal and a day at the spa like so many mothers have done for daughters before her. heh heh
 
Twila
#4
lol. Day at the spa!

so it might mean that aggression in hippo's is a learned thing...not a genetic thing...
 
Unforgiven
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

lol. Day at the spa!

so it might mean that aggression in hippo's is a learned thing...not a genetic thing...

Maybe. Like bulls being some what territorial can be blown into a bull suited to bull fighting or bull riding. Not so uncommon to jump to a conclusion and have that become the collective assumption.

I have to wonder if she gets aroma therapy too? heh heh
 
Twila
#6
Quote:

I have to wonder if she gets aroma therapy too? heh heh

hmmm, I wonder what a hippo would find soothing....ode d' stagnant water? croc poop toilet water?
 
Nuggler
#7
Once she has a calf of her own that keeper will lose his arm feeding her like that.....................or at least that's what "they" say.

They are extremely protective of their babies and generally kill anything they perceive to be a threat.................or so I'm told

Read somewhere that hippos kill more people every year than any other African wild beast with the exception of the militias around Darfur.................but you didn't hear it from me, ok?

If I were a mama hippo I would too, as people in general, suck.................it's rumoured.

Anyway, if you bothered to read this you're too damn curious.

ha ha ha


SAVE THE HIPPOS.....SEND "STEVE"
 
Twila
#8
Who is steve? I wouldn't want to cause indigestion...have you checked out the cannibal thread?
 
karrie
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Maybe. Like bulls being some what territorial can be blown into a bull suited to bull fighting or bull riding. Not so uncommon to jump to a conclusion and have that become the collective assumption.

We used to have a bull that I trained to run over whenever I came to the corrals, and lie down for a belly scratch.
 
Unforgiven
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

We used to have a bull that I trained to run over whenever I came to the corrals, and lie down for a belly scratch.

Ferdinand? Too funny. My brother used to have a cow that would follow him around the farm all day. I love how creatures can have these funny little quirks just waiting to be discovered and sometime excentuated.
 

Similar Threads

11
NATURE IN Canada
by canadian_girl | Nov 28th, 2009
15
Living with nature .
by china | Mar 31st, 2009
0
Nature and You
by china | Jul 26th, 2008
42
The nature of free will...
by s_lone | Jan 18th, 2007
18
Merkel Govt to Nurture German-U.S. ties
by Nascar_James | Nov 23rd, 2005
no new posts