Little Girls and Little Boys...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Two things really.....

First off, I went back and read the old thread I first posted when I got out of the hospital April 12, and I reached a conclusion.....Damn there are a bunch of good people here, and I definitely include a number that I rarely agree with (Hi Juan! :))

Secondly, to the point.....a true story about a "slice of life" event that still cracks me up.....(I hope I didn't post this before)

A couple of summers ago I was driving through one of the rougher areas of Saint John when I spotted a couple of kids with a lemonade stand in the parking lot of an apartment building. Being a sucker for kids, and a true believer in free enterprize, I pulled in and ordered my $.25 cup of lemonade from one little girl, probably 6 or seven years old............it was delivered forthwith in a styrofoam cup. I took a long drink, then little girl number two informed me "You have to give the cup back, it is our only one...." :)

While contemplating my chances of contacting odd diseases (already too late, so I'm finishing my drink) my car is approached by a young man of similar age to the girls. He is clad in camo t-shirt, and has a plastic M-16 rifle slung under his arm. Obviously this is the Lemonade Stand Security Dep't. Studiously ignoring the two girls, thrusting out his chest and fixing me with a steely gaze, he brags in his best man-to-man tone.... "I..... have a concussion!"
"Really!" says I, properly impressed, "How did you get that?"
He nods, acknowledging the fact that I have paid due respect to his manly injury, and explains proudly "I......smashed my head into a brick wall"
"That will do it", I advise him, "Every time"

Satisfied, he collects my empty cup and returns in to his friends of the gentler sex........I drive away laughing.......

I'm still laughing about it.

The kid will probably make a great armoured car guard some day..........

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Never ceases to amaze me - you have to pass a test to get out of school, you have to take an exam to get a drivers license, you even have to get your picture taken to have I.D.

But ANY moron can be a father..... go figure.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Colpy cute story - I love those vignettes of little squirts knowing 'everything'...

Kids are getting older and wiser earlier - so where is the childhood going I ask - and is this a good thing or a sad thing?

There is a new television program coming up on one of the alphabet channels so I guess Canada will get it stuffed into the schedule because it seems 'kid harmless' - or so I surmise.

There are a band of young kids who are sent to live in a town - to survive and build a system of functioning within their reality of being able to secure food, water, shelter, and get along with each other.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Perhaps they'll have an answer we 'wise elders' have missed.

One can only hope the producers and directors will allow them to be natural and not plastic.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Two things really.....

First off, I went back and read the old thread I first posted when I got out of the hospital April 12, and I reached a conclusion.....Damn there are a bunch of good people here, and I definitely include a number that I rarely agree with (Hi Juan! :))

Secondly, to the point.....a true story about a "slice of life" event that still cracks me up.....(I hope I didn't post this before)

A couple of summers ago I was driving through one of the rougher areas of Saint John when I spotted a couple of kids with a lemonade stand in the parking lot of an apartment building. Being a sucker for kids, and a true believer in free enterprize, I pulled in and ordered my $.25 cup of lemonade from one little girl, probably 6 or seven years old............it was delivered forthwith in a styrofoam cup. I took a long drink, then little girl number two informed me "You have to give the cup back, it is our only one...." :)

While contemplating my chances of contacting odd diseases (already too late, so I'm finishing my drink) my car is approached by a young man of similar age to the girls. He is clad in camo t-shirt, and has a plastic M-16 rifle slung under his arm. Obviously this is the Lemonade Stand Security Dep't. Studiously ignoring the two girls, thrusting out his chest and fixing me with a steely gaze, he brags in his best man-to-man tone.... "I..... have a concussion!"
"Really!" says I, properly impressed, "How did you get that?"
He nods, acknowledging the fact that I have paid due respect to his manly injury, and explains proudly "I......smashed my head into a brick wall"
"That will do it", I advise him, "Every time"

Satisfied, he collects my empty cup and returns in to his friends of the gentler sex........I drive away laughing.......

I'm still laughing about it.

The kid will probably make a great armoured car guard some day..........

Hi Colpy....I think we agree on all the important stuff. That was a great story........Reminds me of one of the neighbor kids, a three or four year old girl who was watching me mow the lawn one day last month. It was one of the very warm days we had and I stopped to take a breather and the little girl asked me if I was old, and how old was I. Without thinking I told her I was 68 years old. She then asked me if that was as old as fifty and said her Dad was fifty. Again, without thinking I told her that 68 was not nearly as old as fifty.
A couple hours later her Dad looked out the front door, laughed, and shook his finger at me. All in all, it was a good day.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Colpy cute story - I love those vignettes of little squirts knowing 'everything'...

Kids are getting older and wiser earlier - so where is the childhood going I ask - and is this a good thing or a sad thing?

There is a new television program coming up on one of the alphabet channels so I guess Canada will get it stuffed into the schedule because it seems 'kid harmless' - or so I surmise.

There are a band of young kids who are sent to live in a town - to survive and build a system of functioning within their reality of being able to secure food, water, shelter, and get along with each other.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Perhaps they'll have an answer we 'wise elders' have missed.

One can only hope the producers and directors will allow them to be natural and not plastic.

Hmmm.....I wonder if any of the directors have read Lord of the Flies?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Colpy, I had a similar experience while pulling into my townhouse complex. Given a cup of very watery lemonade and asked for the cup back..but this stand had about 5 cups.

Kids are awesome, remind us that life should be fun sometimes.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
I'm a germ freak..big time....part of me cringed when reading of the cup to be taken back...i prolly would have phoned my lawyer and called health Canada....You got to nip these people in the bud...hell you ever go to china town here in torontoooo.....wait oh they were kids and you decided to play......ahhhhhhh....NEVERMIND......

* guy just doesn't understand...you give em a dollar and tell em yer not thirsty now maybe later......do you realize they prolly just came from going no.2 and 4 no.1's without so much as looking at the taps....then stirred the lemonade with their fingers....and even if they did wash their hands the towel used to dry them was prolly 3 days old.....God...how the hell are you still alive to tell the tale...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
God...how the hell are you still alive to tell the tale...

by building up resistance to bugs...the only truely safe way to live...live by antibacterial and you'll end up succumbing to a simple cold bug...bad bad bad news

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
by building up resistance to bugs...the only truely safe way to live...live by antibacterial and you'll end up succumbing to a simple cold bug...bad bad bad news
Yonder fair Maiden Twila beckons Doc to venture into world of shared cups and opening doors without hankerchiefs pulled.
The Conundrum Me Lady bequeths is but a sad whisper into the dark recess of my intenstianl fortitude lost to the invisible demons awaiting my every adventure into the public.....HARK...Thy beauty doust stir within me foreign pride never felt by Docness....grabs doorknob to lavatory bare fisted.....Does his best to find his mark.... flushes without a nary of fear....faints....

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Doc

You can get into more trouble streaking around without your clothes on than sharing a cuppa on occasion hehe

You should be fine re germies no doubt given the assumed number of streaking episodes in yer life! Remember the mud puddles!

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Doc

You can get into more trouble streaking around without your clothes on than sharing a cuppa on occasion hehe

You should be fine re germies no doubt given the assumed number of streaking episodes in yer life! Remember the mud puddles!

ah yes the mud puddles...that was in the dreaming time before they got me to go to that big dark ugly placeschoolwhere i learned of the masked mauraders and their hords.....lurking lurking in every vestuble of city and town.....

lol on another note Sandy horrifies me with tales of woe and despair concerning this keyboard i touch quite regular.......

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Yonder fair Maiden Twila beckons Doc to venture into world of shared cups and opening doors without hankerchiefs pulled.
The Conundrum Me Lady bequeths is but a sad whisper into the dark recess of my intenstianl fortitude lost to the invisible demons awaiting my every adventure into the public.....HARK...Thy beauty doust stir within me foreign pride never felt by Docness....grabs doorknob to lavatory bare fisted.....Does his best to find his mark.... flushes without a nary of fear....faints....

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! you made ginger ale come out my nose!!!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
on another note Sandy horrifies me with tales of woe and despair concerning this keyboard i touch quite regular.......[]/quote]

Just walking outside will put all sorts of nasties on you...Do you have a cell phone? Those things are mighty foul!

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
on another note Sandy horrifies me with tales of woe and despair concerning this keyboard i touch quite regular.......[]/quote]

Just walking outside will put all sorts of nasties on you...Do you have a cell phone? Those things are mighty foul!

there is nothing wrong with my cell phone...just don't ask to use it...no one touches it....i can't put foriegn phones to my ear...it's like a million ear infections waiting to take hold on my virginity....if someone ever for any reason hands me a phone it stay at least an inch and half from ear.....sooooo yer gonna tortue me with other news