Doc does telemarketers

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Ok we is gettin a plethora of these lately.
Tons are just dead air bots to see when ya are in.
Most of them come from this very loud background noise room, and they all have strong Indian accents.....
so it's war.....

I can't post my vulgarity. Some don't even get what i am saying to them all serious....Some just start to giggle nervously as i tell them i want their product where can i get it can i !@%!@%!@%%....you gotta keep em on the hook with wanting to buy the thing....then a lil @#$@36236 .....it actually is quite funny...sandy screams stop....she ruins everything8O

But alas im relegated to the mundane here and at home.....

Had a guy calling from Bell Canada. I live in Mississauga.
me:Where are you calling from?
tele:Im calling from Bell canada.
me: ya i know but where in Canada?
tele:In Mississauga..starts the speel and i cut him off
me: oh cool. where in mississaga?
tele: it's in canada and then starts speeling agin.
me: look tell me what street in mississauga. yer lieing to me
they bring on their supervisors real fast for some reason who are as lame as them.....

never will they tell you where they are from.

Today was a doozer.
Tele: Hello i'm calling from a luxery resort in collingwood, and someone has entered your name in a contest and you have won.....
!CUT HIM OFF!
me:Where is Collingwood
are you ready for this...i swearr to god...
Tele: Nearby in Canada

me; You said you are calling from collingwood could you tell me what province.
Tele ; he hung up

I've phoned bell and recall back in the 80's when this was happening to my mom they actually put a stop to a lot of this.There was help
Now nada..they refer you to same lame ass site you gotta put yer info on.

the one thing Bell had the power and had to react to when it was a monopoly was this sort of thing...They were supplying the means to all their customers for them to be annoyed....
Since Bell is no longer a monopoly we're all doomed

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Doc, it's not just outbound sales that are being outsourced to India; inbound help desks, billing, etc are increasingly being contracted there as well. I have had to call Microsoft a few times for product activations, every time my call has ended up in India.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I had a long talk with a really nice guy outsourced in India one evening about my computer's ills...

He gave me some fixes to try and I teasingly said: "What's your home number in case this doesn't work?"

He paused and I thought he was gonna give me the corporate response: "Ma'am we are not allowed"

.... but instead he said: "I don't have a home phone yet - but soon I will".....

I felt terrible....we are all so spoiled...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Doc...

Wh..wh...wh....wh......wha?????

You mean he was funnin with me ????

Wahhhhhh

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Poor telemarketers.

Seriously, their job is right down there with the bus boys. They get crapped on all day long by absolutely everyone. It's GOT to suck. So, when they call, I'm super polite.

"Oh, thanks so much for calling, and you sound so nice, but, we have a no call policy, and I need you to remove me from your list." Nver rude, never abusive. And always acknowledging that there's another human being no the end of the line, just trying to do their job.

I hardly get any calls now.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Poor telemarketers.

Seriously, their job is right down there with the bus boys. They get crapped on all day long by absolutely everyone. It's GOT to suck. So, when they call, I'm super polite.

"Oh, thanks so much for calling, and you sound so nice, but, we have a no call policy, and I need you to remove me from your list." Nver rude, never abusive. And always acknowledging that there's another human being no the end of the line, just trying to do their job.

I hardly get any calls now.

yeah and i bet ya tip traffic ticket cops:p

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Oh, don't get me wrong here. Freon is reserved for those few who won't take NO for an answer. I advise then to save the speil and go on to a potential money maker first, then politely tell them I'm not interested. That kryptonite called a "no call" list works when the calls come from the same boiler-room. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of 'em.

Wolf

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
aaaaa hahahahahahaha

I forgot about the ole unbutton a few trick
me bad
hahahahaha

Ha. As if.

No, I find it quite simple to avoid police officers.... mainly, don't break the law, and you don't need to be pissed off that they caught you breaking the law.

Ridiculous sounding I know... but it works for some reason!

Reactions: Vereya
May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Ha. As if.

No, I find it quite simple to avoid police officers.... mainly, don't break the law, and you don't need to be pissed off that they caught you breaking the law.

Ridiculous sounding I know... but it works for some reason!

i hear ya.....
i feel wierd interprating your intial post as some sort of free peeks for no ticky....lol
sorry....

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
I ask them when I can expect a cheque for their share of my phone bill....

When there's a lengthy pause at the end of the line I simply tell them that I pay my phone bill for my use and the people I let use it....

I don't pay for advertisers to use it and unless you're sending me some money.....

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I just hang up.
Believe it or not, I don't scream and yell (anymore). I make sure that they are calling about something I don't need/want/afford, and hang up. Then I call back (call display if their number shows, and get myself put on the no call list)

We got a call from the "police association" trying to raise money, and they stated the spiel with: HI (NAME), I'm Jack from the POLICE ASSOCIATION, EH, AND I'm gonna record this call,,,,,,,,,ok??? "Sure", said I. "While yer at it, record this", and hung up..............8O Having been raised with a super respect for authority:notworthy:, I surprised myself.........................:roll:...............right.:cool:

All the supervisors have to pass an even harder stupid test than the telefolks, so just hang up.

:read:(sorry, but I gots better things ta do eh)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Since we moved here we keep getting calls for Mrs Williams. Does anyone know her? Tell her there are a bunch of telemarketers looking for her.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
When I just moved in into the apartment I live in now, I used to get a lot of calls from people, who wanted to phone some metallurgical plant that is located not far from the town I live in. I don't know, how they managed to get the number wrong, there must have been some similarity. People were even calling from other towns. And that plant has a very weird name for a metallurgical factory - it's called "The Free Falcon". Well, when I got quite fed up with people calling me and asking - is it the Free Falcon? - I quit explaining that they've got the wrong number, and started replying that it is the Free Falconess. After awhile the calls ceased... :lol: