Post photo of where you live


SwitSof
#1
Can be a site of the country, the city/town, the village, the house, anything!

Here is the 2-floor house I'm living in with 2 other flatmates.

Attached Images
rumah.jpg (7.6 KB, 22 views)
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#2
 
eh1eh
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

Doc, you've got long hair and you're married to a bunny. Sweet life.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#4
chuckles......
 
eh1eh
#5
Here's my little bungalow.

 
SwitSof
#6
Nice big tree there!
Nice bungalow too.
Why not plan more smaller trees on the front yard? Would definitely make it nicer, no?
If I had your yard, I'd plant different colour of roses but yeah I'm girly.
 
karrie
#7
I think his yard looks nice just the way it is. And he seems to spend more time worrying about the appearance of the back.

Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSofView Post

Nice big tree there!
Nice bungalow too.
Why not plan more smaller trees on the front yard? Would definitely make it nicer, no?
If I had your yard, I'd plant different colour of roses but yeah I'm girly.

 
Andem
#8
The facade of my building. The top three floors with balconies are residential.
Attached Images
DSC05035.JPG (1.69 MB, 27 views)
 
SwitSof
#9
The famous touristic area near my workplace, well not my living place but close since I can spend about 12 hours a day in times there!

 
eh1eh
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSofView Post

Nice big tree there!
Nice bungalow too.
Why not plan more smaller trees on the front yard? Would definitely make it nicer, no?
If I had your yard, I'd plant different colour of roses but yeah I'm girly.

Hehe. I tried to put a big tree in the front to replace the 50' maple that died but I have a better half that has her own ideas. LOL I'm not in a position to argue much. So Karrie is right. Here's my pond in the spring. I'll get another pic, later, of the lushness that is there now.

 
eh1eh
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by AndemView Post

The facade of my building. The top three floors with balconies are residential.

You're a city boy.
 
SwitSof
#12
I'm a city girl too. Wonder what it'd be like to live in a remote village let's say...
With no TV, no computer, no mobile, no car sounds, and probably can hear cricket at night...
 
Impetus
#13
We get the most spectacular sunsets and cloud formations over our back yard.

Taken last winter of course...

Muz
Attached Images
Cloudy Sunset web.JPG (36.2 KB, 23 views)
 
eh1eh
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSofView Post

I'm a city girl too. Wonder what it'd be like to live in a remote village let's say...
With no TV, no computer, no mobile, no car sounds, and probably can hear cricket at night...

My God! Are you a sadist?
 
Andem
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

You're a city boy.

Definately that. Never lived in a city with less that 1 million people.

Here's the Brandenburger Gate (a 7-8 minute walk). I took the pic last summer:

 
Impetus
#16
Sometimes it's like that at our little hamlet...usually after a thunderstorm and the hydro is out.

Crickets? I can hear crickets right now and it's late-afternoon!

Muz

Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSofView Post

I'm a city girl too. Wonder what it'd be like to live in a remote village let's say...
With no TV, no computer, no mobile, no car sounds, and probably can hear cricket at night...

 
eh1eh
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

My God! Are you a sadist?

I should clairify. I can hear crickets, Robins, Cardinals, Tree Frogs, Finches, Blue Jays, all in my back yard. Yet I'm only 15 minute walk to a major 300+ store mall and 40 minute drive to downtown Toronto. The best of both worlds IMO.

Andem, I love the city too but I love my respite in the city I have at home.
 
SwitSof
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

My God! Are you a sadist?

No, a naturalist wanna-be . But I don't reckon I'll survive in a village
I remember when my best friend, a Kiwi girl and I just arrived in Toronto and we realised how big it is compared to the other cities we went to before: Quebec, Edmonton and Calgary, she just put her arm around mine and told me,"Don't let go!" cause she's from a small town back in Kiwi land.
 
SwitSof
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by AndemView Post

Definately that. Never lived in a city with less that 1 million people.

Here's the Brandenburger Gate (a 7-8 minute walk). I took the pic last summer:

Nice building. What a shame I didn't get to go to Berlin when I was in Germany. Only Munchen, Frankfurt and Hamburg and I like Munchen the best for the architecture amongst these 3.
But I for one certainly don't mind to be able to see this from the window everyday!

 
shadowshiv
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitSofView Post

But I for one certainly don't mind to be able to see this from the window everyday!

Wow! I would love to visit that place someday. That looks absolutely breath-taking!
 
triedit
#21

Currently


formerly
 
Unforgiven
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpetusView Post

We get the most spectacular sunsets and cloud formations over our back yard.

Taken last winter of course...

Muz

Man I haven't seen that sunset in a long time. Maybe I need a vacation.

Last edited by Unforgiven; Jul 17th, 2007 at 05:30 PM..
 
Said1
#23
Click the link to view my hood:www.creativeneighbourhoods.ca/taxonomy/term/3 (external - login to view)
 
Kreskin
#24
From my back garden

 
Said1
#25
Very nice, Kreskin. Is that the freek'in ocean in the background?
 
Kreskin
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

Very nice, Kreskin. Is that the freek'in ocean in the background?

Thanks Said. It's the entrance to Discovery Passage in the Georgia Straight. We're on the East Coast of Vancouver Island. The mountains in the background are the mainland, the Coastal Mountains.
 
SwitSof
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

Wow! I would love to visit that place someday. That looks absolutely breath-taking!

Yeah, no wonder the Poms can't let go ay. It's in North Ireland btw.
 
#juan
#28
This was our home on Gabriola Island for almost seven years. I don't as yet have a photo of our house in Nanaimo.
 
ottawabill
#29
so how do I attach a pic??
Last edited by ottawabill; Jul 18th, 2007 at 08:13 AM..
 
Unforgiven
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by ottawabillView Post

[IMG]file:///D:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/2007_05_23/IMG_0830.JPG[/IMG]

You have to upload the picture to the Internet before you can post it.
There are a number of free servers for pictures available though Google.
 

Similar Threads

10
Your School Photo
by Twila | Jun 27th, 2005
no new posts