What flummoxes your Reality Game

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I have no idea if this will fly here...but the game goes like this:

You only get one entry per post to chose something that causes your brain to skip an electron, makes your head spin, and generally flummoxes you.

Mine:
To think there is a possibility that some of you on this forum maybe people I deal with on the phone during work or walk past on the weekends or even possible met one of you at a party unknowingly.

It could happen....it could have happened. How bizaarre!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Leaving a grocery shopping list at home.

I loathe buying groceries - having to think out days in advance what I want to eat.... ick....

I make a list and often leave it on the counter in the kitchen. When I get to the store I am fuzzled by all the choices - generally buy on impulse and throw much of it out in a few days....or worse... freeze it and forget it...

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
The String Conjecture and parts of quantum physics - thinking about some of the stuff we are made of and how it all works can stop me right in my tracks every once in a while.

Pangloss

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Aw Jeez Pangloss - were we supposed to be brilliant here or something? That was Einstein stuff!! Lousy grocery list was the best I could do.....humph.... Hope you get some good ones Twila ... interesting concept for a thread...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
thinking about some of the stuff we are made of and how it all works can stop me right in my tracks
I can't say I think about string theories and such but my brain just a swirls with amazement at what the a body can do. National Geographic has animal ultrasound pic's on their site and those were astounding.

Phil B

Electoral Member
Mar 17, 2007
Brighton,UK
Working out whether Mrs Phil actually meant left or right at the junction we have just reached quite literally stops me in my tracks.;-)

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
I have a billion things to do around the house (reno stuff mostly) but when I finally get some time I can never think of where to start.

Muz

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I live alone, and I have very few responsibilities and very few claims on my time. However, somehow I am always busy, always have something absolutely urgent to do, and hardly ever have time to sit around feeling bored. I will never understand it...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Vereya, there is a saying that states "only the boring get bored". So take heart....your not boring!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Lousy grocery list was the best I could do.....humph

I can totally relate to the grocery list thing. I'm a complete mess if I forget my list, or the husband is holding the list (I actually need to hold it and read it myself inorder for the brain to engage in the "hunt" for food) and heaven forbid there's talking about non grocery related topics while hunting for food!

I think my brain gets bombarded with non logical, flightly thought patterns of those other shoppers when I'm in a grocery store...any other store and Im fine. Crowded mall....fine...grocery store and the brain goes fizzz

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
[/b]I can totally relate to the grocery list thing. I'm a complete mess if I forget my list, or the husband is holding the list (I actually need to hold it and read it myself inorder for the brain to engage in the "hunt" for food) and heaven forbid there's talking about non grocery related topics while hunting for food!

I think my brain gets bombarded with non logical, flightly thought patterns of those other shoppers when I'm in a grocery store...any other store and Im fine. Crowded mall....fine...grocery store and the brain goes fizzz

Thank you Twila

I was so embarrassed at my choice of 'blank stare' event - but it plagues me. Once I start looking at ideas for meals, I get information overload and buy too much. Gotta admit I start talking with other people too and get sidetracked especially if they are buying some new salad or idea for something different... I love all the ethnic choices now in the big stores.... I can try things I never knew existed and surprisingly enjoy ... maybe I should stop making lists and go with my reactions and to heck with being a 'smart shopper'.

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
Watching my cat breathe and seeing that there are no cords plugged into anything. For me, that's proof there is a God.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Watching fifthwheel campers floating down the highway screws me up. All this STUFF that people can't let go of, even to go out camping. We have to build giant boxes to haul all this crap around with us like super extravagent turtles, zipping all over the country. Of all the things I see in a typical day, it makes me really truly realize how little and insignificant we are. To engage in such tiny pettiness and insecurity when the world stretches out so vast around us floors me.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
The whole Horton Hears a Who thing--where an entire civilsation lives on a dust speck. What if we are just a dust speck?

Or, Everything we can see, even with our most powerful telescopes, is only a molecule in a coffee table, and our actions are veiwed by the owners of the coffee table rotting wood and they get a new coffee table. When the old coffee table goes to the incinerator we have another big bang. Scale can flummoxe anyone's mind. Can a universe exist in a molecule of your coffee table? I think so.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
The whole Horton Hears a Who thing--where an entire civilsation lives on a dust speck. What if we are just a dust speck?

On some scale we are aren't we? Nova I think, did a representation of our size starting in Vienna and going outward at the power of ten in increments. It didn't take many increments before our planet and then solar system became less than the size of a speck of dust in an ocean.