B.C. Heat Wave

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
After a rather dismal Spring, we are now into decent Summer weather. In Nanaimo where I live, we are expecting 34 degrees today and 36 degrees tomorrow. Cambell River is about the same. Kelowna will get 37 tomorrow, as will Vancouver, and Lytton will hit 41 degrees. I love it. The only negative I see is the water rationing.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
After a rather dismal Spring, we are now into decent Summer weather. In Nanaimo where I live, we are expecting 34 degrees today and 36 degrees tomorrow. Cambell River is about the same. Kelowna will get 37 tomorrow, as will Vancouver, and Lytton will hit 41 degrees. I love it. The only negative I see is the water rationing.

I decided to plant a flower bed on Thursday. It turned out beautiful, but, while I was planting temps hit 38C. When the wind started up it was like standing in a blast furnace. My back just quit hurting yesterday, the burn was so deep.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
I don't think you guys have the pollution or the humidty that LAND LOCKED southern ontario has.....

I'm hot, i'm cranky.......here's some forum fodder....
Those damn yanks and their lust for painting the sky grey with pollution....
Most of the pollution we get here is due to coal fired generator plants from the us of a....
Yay!!! i did some anti americanism ....wanders off all puffed up and proud to be a...a erm.... whatever...I'm so hot i don't know...but what ever it is...it must be better than everyone else....yay Twila give me some crack...did i tell ya i'm hot!!!!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't think you guys have the pollution or the humidty that LAND LOCKED southern ontario has.....

I'm hot, i'm cranky.......here's some forum fodder....
Those damn yanks and their lust for painting the sky grey with pollution....
Most of the pollution we get here is due to coal fired generator plants from the us of a....
Yay!!! i did some anti americanism ....wanders off all puffed up and proud to be a...a erm.... whatever...I'm so hot i don't know...but what ever it is...it must be better than everyone else....yay Twila give me some crack...did i tell ya i'm hot!!!!

A good chunk of those American coal fired plants are supplying power to Ontario because we shut down our coal firing plants without replacing them with something else.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I decided to plant a flower bed on Thursday. It turned out beautiful, but, while I was planting temps hit 38C. When the wind started up it was like standing in a blast furnace. My back just quit hurting yesterday, the burn was so deep.

I know what you mean. I took my grandson out fishing again yesterday and while the boat was moving, it didn't seem that hot, but we both got a pretty good burn.....should know better.....we'll stay in and read or something today and tomorrow.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
You may get a mention on the news....sort of a boobie prize really

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I'm sorry Juan, it seems we're all out of booby prizes.... Durka made off with the last one, but when I went to fetch it back for ya, it seems it wasn't a booby prize at all...I'm afraid all we have for ya today is this mooby prize. Enjoy !! :p

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm sorry Juan, it seems we're all out of booby prizes.... Durka made off with the last one, but when I went to fetch it back for ya, it seems it wasn't a booby prize at all...I'm afraid all we have for ya today is this mooby prize. Enjoy !! :p

Oh God!

That would drive a person to drink...........at the very least.......Thanks.......Is it okay if I give the prize to someone else?;-):lol:........someone with a greater need.:roll:

[/quote]

Janbacca

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
www.myao.ca
What exactly are all of you talking about? The Canada I know consists only of white ubiquity and the occasional polar bear. In fact, my Grandfather never stops talking about that time he saw grass.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What exactly are all of you talking about? The Canada I know consists only of white ubiquity and the occasional polar bear. In fact, my Grandfather never stops talking about that time he saw grass.
He skated to and from school, uphill both ways.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Even I know you can't saw grass. You either mow it or smoke it.....;-):p

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
lolll Juan.... you are such a ........ giving soul. By all means, do pass the mooby onto someone more deserving... if you can find such a one. Hmmmm. Maybe our newest newbie would like it? A welcome mooby, if you will.... ;-)
btw, welcome Janbacca.