B.C. Heat Wave

#juan
#1
After a rather dismal Spring, we are now into decent Summer weather. In Nanaimo where I live, we are expecting 34 degrees today and 36 degrees tomorrow. Cambell River is about the same. Kelowna will get 37 tomorrow, as will Vancouver, and Lytton will hit 41 degrees. I love it. The only negative I see is the water rationing.
 
triedit
#2
They should squeeze the water out of the air in southern ontario and send it to BC. 30 degrees with 70% humidity is what they SAY it is but I would swear it's like 98% humidity.
 
karrie
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

After a rather dismal Spring, we are now into decent Summer weather. In Nanaimo where I live, we are expecting 34 degrees today and 36 degrees tomorrow. Cambell River is about the same. Kelowna will get 37 tomorrow, as will Vancouver, and Lytton will hit 41 degrees. I love it. The only negative I see is the water rationing.

I decided to plant a flower bed on Thursday. It turned out beautiful, but, while I was planting temps hit 38C. When the wind started up it was like standing in a blast furnace. My back just quit hurting yesterday, the burn was so deep.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#4
I don't think you guys have the pollution or the humidty that LAND LOCKED southern ontario has.....

I'm hot, i'm cranky.......here's some forum fodder....
Those damn yanks and their lust for painting the sky grey with pollution....
Most of the pollution we get here is due to coal fired generator plants from the us of a....
Yay!!! i did some anti americanism ....wanders off all puffed up and proud to be a...a erm.... whatever...I'm so hot i don't know...but what ever it is...it must be better than everyone else....yay Twila give me some crack...did i tell ya i'm hot!!!!
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

I don't think you guys have the pollution or the humidty that LAND LOCKED southern ontario has.....

I'm hot, i'm cranky.......here's some forum fodder....
Those damn yanks and their lust for painting the sky grey with pollution....
Most of the pollution we get here is due to coal fired generator plants from the us of a....
Yay!!! i did some anti americanism ....wanders off all puffed up and proud to be a...a erm.... whatever...I'm so hot i don't know...but what ever it is...it must be better than everyone else....yay Twila give me some crack...did i tell ya i'm hot!!!!

A good chunk of those American coal fired plants are supplying power to Ontario because we shut down our coal firing plants without replacing them with something else.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

A good chunk of those American coal fired plants are supplying power to Ontario because we shut down our coal firing plants without replacing them with something else.

oh ok.....said in my best Rosanna anna danna voice"Nevermind!!"
 
Unforgiven
#7
Southern Ontario isn't landlocked.
 
DurkaDurka
#8
It's hot and smoggy in Toronto today..... I know just the thing to fix that. Tire fire and a 6 pack.
 
Twila
#9
34 and lovely here!
 
#juan
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I decided to plant a flower bed on Thursday. It turned out beautiful, but, while I was planting temps hit 38C. When the wind started up it was like standing in a blast furnace. My back just quit hurting yesterday, the burn was so deep.

I know what you mean. I took my grandson out fishing again yesterday and while the boat was moving, it didn't seem that hot, but we both got a pretty good burn.....should know better.....we'll stay in and read or something today and tomorrow.
 
#juan
#11
Hey, we did better than the forecast...........or worse, depending on your point of view......The forecast was for 33 degrees and it is now 34 degrees..............Is there a prize?

www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html (external - login to view)
 
Twila
#12
You may get a mention on the news....sort of a boobie prize really
 
Zan
#13
I'm sorry Juan, it seems we're all out of booby prizes.... Durka made off with the last one, but when I went to fetch it back for ya, it seems it wasn't a booby prize at all...I'm afraid all we have for ya today is this mooby prize. Enjoy !!




 
Kreskin
#14
Geez it's hot. Can't complain too much though.
 
#juan
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

I'm sorry Juan, it seems we're all out of booby prizes.... Durka made off with the last one, but when I went to fetch it back for ya, it seems it wasn't a booby prize at all...I'm afraid all we have for ya today is this mooby prize. Enjoy !!

Oh God!

That would drive a person to drink...........at the very least.......Thanks.......Is it okay if I give the prize to someone else?........someone with a greater need.




[/quote]
 
Janbacca
#16
What exactly are all of you talking about? The Canada I know consists only of white ubiquity and the occasional polar bear. In fact, my Grandfather never stops talking about that time he saw grass.
 
Kreskin
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by JanbaccaView Post

What exactly are all of you talking about? The Canada I know consists only of white ubiquity and the occasional polar bear. In fact, my Grandfather never stops talking about that time he saw grass.

He skated to and from school, uphill both ways.
 
#juan
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by JanbaccaView Post

What exactly are all of you talking about? The Canada I know consists only of white ubiquity and the occasional polar bear. In fact, my Grandfather never stops talking about that time he saw grass.

Even I know you can't saw grass. You either mow it or smoke it.....
 
Zan
#19
lolll Juan.... you are such a ........ giving soul. By all means, do pass the mooby onto someone more deserving... if you can find such a one. Hmmmm. Maybe our newest newbie would like it? A welcome mooby, if you will....
btw, welcome Janbacca.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Southern Ontario isn't landlocked.

Well just because it's filled with bodies of water ...we are in the middle of the continent...hence no oceans...maybe yer right...but it sho does feel stifling...wish there were some ocean brezzes....
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post



Ahhhhh the good ole days when D'Avril looked like that.......well in my dreams anyway
 

Similar Threads

69
Mini Heat Wave...
by #juan | Sep 22nd, 2009
2
Heat wave melts snow festival
by Col Man | Mar 15th, 2005
no new posts