Who watched Faulty Towers?

#juan
The subject came up on another topic this morning. I thought Faulty Towers deserved a separate topic by it's self.
I just ran across this link this morning. Does anybody have a favorite episode? Comments?

www.fawltysite.net/episodes.htm (external - login to view)

#juan
My favorite was www.fawltysite.net/episode06.htm (external - login to view) Basil Faulty is completely looney in this one.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Difficult to choose but I'd have to say the Germans and the Rat.

I should look for a DVD of those.

Twila
We bought the DVD...Gawd, I couldn't pick a favourite episode or a favourite moment really...

Dreadful Nonsense
awe I missed this stuff.....and I love the brit shows...
It looks familiar...oh well I only got into Genesis after Gabriel left as well....AC/DC after sars stock......Saw this aging rocker dance across the stage in short pants doing Thunderstruck and fell in Love!!!

Gonna check the towers eventually now though

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Difficult to choose but I'd have to say the Germans and the Rat.

I should look for a DVD of those.

I got a DVD of all twelve episodes last Christmas. The Germans is probably my favorite.......Basil goes completely batty after the moose falls on his head.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

I got a DVD of all twelve episodes last Christmas. The Germans is probably my favorite.......Basil goes completely batty after the moose falls on his head.

all 12 in one...thats a deal...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Yes. As if he wasn't batty enough before.

Kreskin
They're all great. The Psychiatrist is good too. "Mrs Johnson, Mrs Johnson come out come out ..oh how do you do?" The Inspectors. Touch of Class cracks me up, especially when the jig is up on Melbury, and Basil tells him the Duke of Buckley got his head knocked off by a golf ball.

BitWhys
"Just don't mention the war"

#juan
There are probably only a few people who could get away with goose stepping with his hair combed across his forehead and a comb on his upper lip to look like Hitler's moustache. Maybe Cleese gets away with it because he overplays it to the point of being ridiculous. Don't watch Faulty Towers after toking up or you'll hurt yourself laughing.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Part of me always felt sorry for the poor bastard. You knew from the opening scene that he was going to get screwed.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Part of me always felt sorry for the poor bastard. You knew from the opening scene that he was going to get screwed.

God. That time where he won the money on the horses and lost it all for one reason or another. His was a cruel world.

BitWhys

There are probably only a few people who could get away with goose stepping with his hair combed across his forehead and a comb on his upper lip to look like Hitler's moustache. Maybe Cleese gets away with it because he overplays it to the point of being ridiculous.

no kidding. John Belushi would have never gotten away with it. If Johnny Dep tried it there would been riots. If Peter Mansbridge tried it they'd send him off on stress leave. If Stephen Harper tried it no one would have noticed any change in his behavior.

Don't watch Faulty Towers after toking up or you'll hurt yourself laughing.

now you tell me.

Kreskin

There are probably only a few people who could get away with goose stepping with his hair combed across his forehead and a comb on his upper lip to look like Hitler's moustache. Maybe Cleese gets away with it because he overplays it to the point of being ridiculous. Don't watch Faulty Towers after toking up or you'll hurt yourself laughing.

That walk originally started on Monty Python - The Ministry of Sillywalks. It was a bit legendary before Fawlty Towers. Putting it into the show was like an encore for hardcore Cleese fans.

Toking up to watch would be dangerous.

#juan
Quote:

no kidding. John Belushi would have never gotten away with it. If Johnny Dep tried it there would been riots. If Peter Mansbridge tried it they'd send him off on stress leave. If Stephen Harper tried it no one would have noticed any change in his behavior.

Surely somebody would have noticed Harper walking like that......

Quote:

That walk originally started on Monty Python

Monty Python was the most under rated comedy program ever.

Colpy
I loved how Basil talked to (or about) Sybil:

"My little nest of vipers"

"She could stop a charging Cape Buffalo with a single blow of her tongue"

The poor bastard.

Are you aware Cleese was once married to the actress that played Polly? (The only sane one in the place)

I think my favourite episode was when the gay chef fell in love with Manuel.............

Toro
They're all my favourite.

One of the best sitcoms of all time, without a doubt.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

"My little nest of vipers"

"She could stop a charging Cape Buffalo with a single blow of her tongue"

The poor bastard.

Are you aware Cleese was once married to the actress that played Polly? (The only sane one in the place)

I think my favourite episode was when the gay chef fell in love with Manuel.............

I think that was the Waldorf Salad episode. The chef got drunk and Basil faked it. When the American wanted a waldorf salad Basil told him the chef said he was fresh out of waldorfs. The best part was when he was in the kitchen faking he was giving the chef hell and the American went in to see him being a complete nut. What a classic scene.

I heard they were married. By the sounds of it they aren't any more?

talloola
I loved them all, the germans, the one when he got mad at his car, tears were rolling down my face.
I think I will start collecting them, I haven't any yet.

Nuggler

The subject came up on another topic this morning. I thought Faulty Towers deserved a separate topic by it's self.
I just ran across this link this morning. Does anybody have a favorite episode? Comments?

www.fawltysite.net/episodes.htm (external - login to view)

#10, Kipper and the Corpse was on the tube last night. Still as funny.
Me dear wife has hysterics watching these.

Loved em all.

Unforgiven
Farty Towels

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Farty Towels

I watched a half dozen of these shows before I noticed that the sign was changing every episode.

www.fawltysite.net/fawlty-towers-signs2.htm (external - login to view)

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

I think that was the Waldorf Salad episode. The chef got drunk and Basil faked it. When the American wanted a waldorf salad Basil told him the chef said he was fresh out of waldorfs. The best part was when he was in the kitchen faking he was giving the chef hell and the American went in to see him being a complete nut. What a classic scene.

I heard they were married. By the sounds of it they aren't any more?

No. I believe Cleese has had about 6 wives......

#juan
Quote:

Originally Posted by Colpy

Basil may have been a looney b-stard but Sybil was the ultimate ball breaker. I was always cheering for Basil to win....but he never did.