Can't sleep

SwitSof

Electoral Member
Something really bothered me today. Actually an argument with a colleague and I know there is going to be another one, because this colleague is so into your face which was mine today and she isn't going to change and I wouldn't bite my tongue unless it's not a biggie.
But I guess I am that annoyed and I can't sleep! :angry3:
What do you do to be sleepy when you have something bugging you?

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Something really bothered me today. Actually an argument with a colleague and I know there is going to be another one, because this colleague is so into your face which was mine today and she isn't going to change and I wouldn't bite my tongue unless it's not a biggie.
first of i thought this was another sheep thread....
read

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Find a really boring book. Reading always puts me to sleep...unless it's a really interesting book, in which case I'll be up all night ;-)

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
I have chronic insomnia caused by that accident I was telling you about, SwitSof. While I was in the hospital, they tried different things with me...pills, relaxation exercises, etc. Finally, they found one thing that worked but it was very specific. They gave me a tape of visualization scenes to use, The first two did absolutely nothing for me but the third one was the key. It involved a cottage at a remote lake...no one around...me on the dock (I added my first dog into the picture)...going into the cottage...taking in the surroundings...touching the couch and feeling its texture...yada, yada. Knocked me out every time. Never ever made it to the 4th scene.

Anyway, they had scenes such as looking at the stars, clouds and so on.

You could always make up your own. Visualize a place that you would find totally relaxing...take in all of the scenery...feel what you see...if you are on the beach, how does the sand feel? Is it hot? What does it look like? White like a freshly washed sheet?

I wish you luck...not being able to sleep is horrible, especially when you start thinking about it.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Convince your self that you have to stay awake for something. You'll be out like a light.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

I get up. There is nothing more pointless than laying on a bed, not being able to sleep, getting upset at yourself for not being able to sleep. I get up. Play some card games on the computer. Listen to the radio. Then when I feel tired, I go to sleep.

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007

A doob before bed, TV on with sleep timer set to 30 minutes.

I rarely see the TV turn off...

If you still can't shut down, get up and do something productive for a while.
If the issue with the co-worker is bugging you, write a letter to her that you neven mean to send.

If you're still wide awake...get comfortable in bed and masturbate...at least it's not time wasted.;-)

Muz