Forum/rap like quality

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
The first time I saw anything resembling rap was in buffalo NY.
We made a wrong turn and ended up in some neighborhood.There were these very young black kids doing something!?!
We were at a stop sign they were all rapping. We hadn't a clue , it wasn't mainstream at all.
We left and like my buddy said "Some kinda poetic singing without the singing." we were stunned ......

Anyway the word is much in vogue. As for rap it's seen better days I guess, dunno very little of it I dig.

But online forums remind me of rap and such.
We all have our schtick and personalty. We tend to get addicted to places we post.

I just think it's all very good for the ole grey matter.
Anyone that sticks around is a thinker.

this place is the best yet so far that I've seen. The lack of cliques is really a bonus. At least I don't see too much clique damage here.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I bet the Rap you guys have listened to couldn't fill a 45 rpm record. :roll:

In the 50s the concensus was that Elvis ruined Country music. And what do you suppose happened after that? ****in Johnny Cash for one thing.

You should try and answer the questions "How did NWA open the door for Eminem" and what other white boy changed his life using black music to express himself.

Music has moved on and like so many others, you are left to become "Classic music lovers" and there is nothing you are going to do about that. Enjoy what you want gentlemen, but remember you're just getting off the train and it's going to keep on moving down the tracks.

Reactions: Brat

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Music has moved on and like so many others, you are left to become "Classic music lovers" and there is nothing you are going to do about that. Enjoy what you want gentlemen, but remember you're just getting off the train and it's going to keep on moving down the tracks.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Oh, you really shouldn't have woken up the lion with that comment, Mercury!8O:lol::lol:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I admit to not having much interest in rap therefore unless it is on one of my 78's and I don't listen to it.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I admit to not having much interest in rap therefore unless it is on one of my 78's and I don't listen to it.

You'll never know the krumpness with that attitude mister. There is a whole world going on behind that door.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
You'll never know the krumpness with that attitude mister. There is a whole world going on behind that door.
I find the scene a little over-focused on bass bins and people talking, at least for my liking. Just call me krumpy.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
new forum dictionary

Rap: over-focused on bass bins and people talking

Your original analogy is correct. A forum has a rap-like quality. A lot of talk. It's like rap without the bass bins.