How does one get/send PMs in this place?

IdRatherBeSkiing
This place seems to be lacking a PM function. Is there an option I am missing?

Dreadful Nonsense
Acthung
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

This place seems to be lacking a PM function. Is there an option I am missing?

Acthung

trust me do not tell this guy how.VERBOTEN!!!!

Meeshee
You click on the person`s username and there is an option to send a pm in there. You are still fairly new so this might only be available after so many posts. When you get a pm, it will notify you.

Meeshee
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

ActhungActhung

trust me do not tell this guy how.VERBOTEN!!!!

OOOPPPs....why not?

#juan
Have you logged in? Once you have logged in, the pm function is obvious.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by MeesheeView Post

You click on the person`s username and there is an option to send a pm in there. You are still fairly new so this might only be available after so many posts. When you get a pm, it will notify you.

I clicked on your user name and do not see the option. I see profile, buddy options, and find all posts but no send PM.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Have you logged in? Once you have logged in, the pm function is obvious.

Would I not have to login to post? I set it to "Remember Me".

I relogged in. Still nothing.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Suddenly, the option appears as does a indication at the top. No idea what triggered it. Wierd.

#juan
I don't know which browser you are using but somewhere in the top right corner you should find the words, "private messages". click on the words.

Dreadful Nonsense

OOOPPPs....why not?

just a bit of fun for the citytv noobs here.

Hey I see you got the German flag flying....so tell me how was my German.
I adore all products made in Germany.Someone once told me if you want to see the difference btw Canada and Germany check out a German hardware store.Where as all our stuff is made in china theirs is suppossed to be minimally chinnese junk.
Last year we bought a Krupps toaster oven. top of the line convenction deal.Figured it was German company got it home.NAHHHHH made in china.
Thing is crap.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Suddenly, the option appears as does a indication at the top. No idea what triggered it. Wierd.

you back to sippin that rumatis medicine dougly

Meeshee

just a bit of fun for the citytv noobs here.

Hey I see you got the German flag flying....so tell me how was my German.
I adore all products made in Germany.Someone once told me if you want to see the difference btw Canada and Germany check out a German hardware store.Where as all our stuff is made in china theirs is suppossed to be minimally chinnese junk.
Last year we bought a Krupps toaster oven. top of the line convenction deal.Figured it was German company got it home.NAHHHHH made in china.
Thing is crap.

I am an army bray born in Germany. Dad is French Canadian, Mom is German. I left there when I was 6 so I don`t remember much about it unfortunately. Wish I did. I can drink Gernan style tho.....

Dreadful Nonsense

I am an army bray born in Germany. Dad is French Canadian, Mom is German. I left there when I was 6 so I don`t remember much about it unfortunately. Wish I did. I can drink Gernan style tho.....

hmmmm lets see, dad was half irish from his mom and his dad was french and italian.
Me mum is from a farming background in Canada so she is German, English, and French Canadain...which makes me All Canadian

Meeshee

hmmmm lets see, dad was half irish from his mom and his dad was french and italian.
Me mum is from a farming background in Canada so she is German, English, and French Canadain...which makes me All Canadian

Pure bredeh...hehe. I like dat!

DurkaDurka

You wish you could drink like a German.

Meeshee
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

You wish you could drink like a German.

I meant I can drink like a pure german....lots.

DurkaDurka

I meant I can drink like a pure german....lots.

coors light doesn't count.

Meeshee
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

coors light doesn't count.

So I like coors light in a can...doesn`t mean I don`t like my crown royal and coke....HMPF.....hehe

daisygirl
I still think the PM function must have to do with the post count...I'm still not seeing anything.

daisygirl
Yup, as soon as I reached 21 posts, I also received the right to get and send posts. Yippee!

Brat
*heavy sigh* No pms for me. I guess I need to post more.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by daisygirlView Post

Yup, as soon as I reached 21 posts, I also received the right to get and send posts. Yippee!

It was 26 for me. Maybe the moderator is a Sens fan.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by BratView Post

So how has Micky Thompson been doing and has shorty actually got him racing yet?

shadowshiv

I think once your name turns blue, you will be able to use PMs. I have noticed that everyone else in this thread has a blue name, except for the Mods/Admins who have green names. Your name is gray right now Brat, so perhaps once you reach the magic number of posts, the colour change and PM situation will change.

Brat
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

So how has Micky Thompson been doing and has shorty actually got him racing yet?

It's funny you should ask that. I was thinking about posting this since you guys (The Viners) helped name him, but wasn't quit sure what the reg. members here would think.
On Tuesday ( June 5 ) our beloved Mickey Thompson Benner past away after a short battle with bone cancer. It was a very aggresive form which took him within two months. We are terribly heart broken here but we're dealing. Mickey was a major part of our lives.

As far as him racing was concerned, his feet wouldn't reach the peddles

Brat
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

I think once your name turns blue, you will be able to use PMs. I have noticed that everyone else in this thread has a blue name, except for the Mods/Admins who have green names. Your name is gray right now Brat, so perhaps once you reach the magic number of posts, the colour change and PM situation will change.

Thank you Shadow, you are probably right.
BTW nice to see here. I hadn't seen your name on the "other board" for awhile, (of course I wasn't there alot either.)

IdRatherBeSkiing

It's funny you should ask that. I was thinking about posting this since you guys (The Viners) helped name him, but wasn't quit sure what the reg. members here would think.
On Tuesday ( June 5 ) our beloved Mickey Thompson Benner past away after a short battle with bone cancer. It was a very aggresive form which took him within two months. We are terribly heart broken here but we're dealing. Mickey was a major part of our lives.

As far as him racing was concerned, his feet wouldn't reach the peddles

Sorry to hear about Mickey. My condolences for your loss.

But I will confess, I do not remember specifically who he is/was.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Brat, one more thing.

Any idea when F-------- Fun Day is this year? Are you and your family part of the parade again?

Brat
Thank you Doug
Mickey was our dog. The puppy pictured in my avatar at the Vine. When we first got him we were having a hard time coming up with a name for him. So I enlisted the help of the Viners. I believe it was Arrow who came up with his name. He was only 3 years old.

Brat
Oh, and Fun Day is on the 13th of July I beleive. We won't be partcipating in it this year because we are scheduled to race in Grand Bend that weekend. But if the price of gas doesn't come down, then we will probably stay here. We'll have to let you know closer to the date if we'll be home or not.