about educational length

funzone36

May 26, 2007
Since American students gets its summer holidays in June, does that mean the Canadian educational system is better since Canadian students stay in school for a longer time?

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Since American students gets its summer holidays in June, does that mean the Canadian educational system is better since Canadian students stay in school for a longer time?
What does the length of the summer holidays have to do with the curriculum or the expectations of the school system? Furthermore, Canadian schools also end in June for the summer.

tried.it

May 29, 2007
Scarberia
www.triedit.com
Down home we went from the last of august to the first of june. Up here my son goes from after labor day through the third week of june. Seems like the same amount of time to me. But Canadians get longer breaks than we did. We never got a spring break!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Down home we went from the last of august to the first of june. Up here my son goes from after labor day through the third week of june. Seems like the same amount of time to me. But Canadians get longer breaks than we did. We never got a spring break!

The traditional start time for Canadian schools was always just after Labour Day; this marking the last holiday of the summer season. There were exceptions; for example, in the Upper St John River Valley in NB, they would start one week early, because they closed the schools during the week of the potato harvest, as most kids worked the fields.