Anyone own a treadmill?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It seems that this is the time of the year to get them at a good price. Does anyone own one and use it?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Yes, we have one. Tends to get used in winter more than summer. Ours has adjustable height as well as speed; I find that I prefer to use it when listening to the iPod.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
It seems that this is the time of the year to get them at a good price. Does anyone own one and use it?

It must be because people prefer to run outside in the winder. Treadmills are great. However I like elyptical machines better because they give an upper body workout to. Of course nothing beats getting outside to ski, jog, bike or skate. A good tracksuit means you can run most moths of the year.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yes, I have a treadmill. Don't use it all year, but I do use it, and wouldn't ever get rid of it.
I've had it for about ten years. Important item to own for one's health and fitness.
I can use it while watching TV in family room, makes you forget what your doing, and in
no time I have done 30 minutes and a couple of miles, and about 200 or more calories.

I also have a real small stepper, and I lov eit, takes up very little room, and does a good lower
body workout, and cardio. Bought it at Sears for ninety dollars and change. Good value.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Any tips on what to buy or not to buy? Sears has Free Spirit and Proform brands but it difficult to know if they are junk or not. Reviews on those brands are all over the place. Nordic Track seems to attract good reviews but many of their products are more expensive.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Life Is A Treadmill

Yo K:

Back here in the swamp we got whatcha call garage sales. We also got whatcha call dumps. Take a perusal through both. Lots of used treadmills for sale/discarded.

When's the last time ya took a good gander through a real nice dump, or dump on a gander? Eh? Betcha it's been a long time.

Just last week I seen this here 300lb chicky draggin a tread to her sidewalk to GIVE IT AWAY!! Anyone needs one it was her. Course she did ten minutes it would be heart attack alley for this greaser...........OOOOOOH what a sow.

There ya go eh. Oldnugly always tryin ta help.

Ugg out.:cool:

This is goin to piss off all the fat broads eh?:angry3:

Such is life.

Disclaimer: No fat women was hurt during this here disertation an I apolagise eh? Sorry. Really.
My maw was a fatty. Me grammaw too.

Go to Sears and buy one K. Don be so cheep eh.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We have a stationary bicycle that we use during the rainy season. At the time we bought it,(twenty years ago) it was about a quarter of the price of a treadmill. We hike as well so it is not our only form of exercise. What it does do, is let us get some exercise without getting soaked to the skin during the rainy season.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Any tips on what to buy or not to buy? Sears has Free Spirit and Proform brands but it difficult to know if they are junk or not. Reviews on those brands are all over the place. Nordic Track seems to attract good reviews but many of their products are more expensive.

Mine is a Weslo, bought it a long time ago at Costco, has been very reliable, the only thing now that
I have to do to it, is lubricate under the belt from time to time with Silicone, or the belt gets tired
and won't run, but I was told that is not a serious problem.(sounds like a human problem)
I like shopping for things like that at the large department stores, as they will always stand behind
their products, not sure about the small outlets, seems once you go out the door, they lock it behind
you.
I would stay away from treadmills that are too 'inexpensive', and also ones that are too expensive,
so many extras that 'one' doesn't need.
I just need to know how fast i'm going, how much fat/calories I am burning, and how far I have gone.
I have other features, like pulse monitoring, which I don't use, but maybe someday I will have to.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary

If you are just walking on it might not matter that much but if you are running on it the longer the track and the bigger the motor the better.