Testimony about abortion

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Chris Sweezy

[FONT=Verdana, arial]I am a victim of abortion. Never in my wildest dreams, would I have thought that something
like this would have affected me so much as it has. Day after day, it tears my heart apart.
Children no longer look the same to me. They look even more precious than ever before. When
I see them, sometimes I will cry quietly inside, or if I am alone in my car, I will burst into sobs, and
even more so if I see a woman on the street with a baby in her arms. For the first time,
Halloween was especially hard.
Our baby's name is Danielle, who safe in the arms of Jesus. I know I will see her one
glorious day. I know she is praying for her mother to ask for God's forgiveness, praying for her
conversion, praying for her to ask for Danielle's forgiveness, and to forgive herself. Only after this
will she be able to heal.
The day before Sylvia (not her real name), had the abortion, I decided to reconcile my life
with God. I was afraid. Life is longer fun and games. The very idea of our baby had a date to
killed was too much for my heart and soul to bear. I tried to stop her, plead with her, not to go
through with it but I could not! The legalization of abortion in Canada prevented me from doing
so. How abhorrent and shameful our society is to permit the murder of innocent babies! Is the
greatest sin against God's creation, and He will deal with all those who allow this to happen! If
they do not repent and ask for His forgiveness, may He have mercy on their souls!
When I went to confession, by the grace of God, a great weight was lifted off my shoulders.
I felt such a relief! I thank Him so much for forgiving me of my sins. Without His grace, I would
not have been able to deal with this tragic situation. I thank Him everyday for forgiving me and
giving me peace to go through with this tragedy, although it can be hard at times.
The day of the abortion, I went to a friend's house because I did not want to be alone.
When I arrived, I checked my voice mail. Sylvia had left a cruel message saying she had done it,
and to stay out of her life. I literally fell onto the floor in complete shock and horror at what she
had done, and the way she announced it. My tears flowed like never before in my life! There
are no words that can describe the pain I felt. My whole body was numb with pain, anger, fear,
and most of all, how her own mother could viscously, brutally murder our baby! The pain that
our little helpless Danielle must have felt tears me apart As I write this, the pain and agony I feel is
excruciating! It bores into my very soul. A part of me has died along with Danielle, and only upon
seeing her face to face will this pain ever be relieved!
Before the abortion, I was in touch with a lady from Birthright, Patricia, who gave me
generous support prior to the abortion, as well as after it. She has been a blessing to my life.
She told me of a place where The Virgin Mary's tears flow as oil in a home! While I was my
friends' house, I felt compelled to go to this place, so I called there. I spoke to the lady of the
house and told her what had happened and I asked her if I could come over. She said yes.
Accompanied by my friend, we drove there with much curiosity.
Clayton and Maureen Marolly greeted us. As we entered this home, I noticed there was oil
on the walls in the hallway. I thought to myself, 'goodness, these people don't wash their walls'!
But this wasn't so. I was literally 'blown away' by what I saw in the living room! There were
numerous statues of Jesus and Mary covered in oil!, pictures on the walls covered in oil! My
conversion began.
There was a huge picture of Jesus with His Sacred Heart exposed on the main wall.
Looking at it, I got down on my knees and cried. I cried from the pain I was feeling, cried for
Sylvia, cried for our baby. I immediately told Him that I forgive her for having the abortion. Oh,
how I cried! Then, Maureen and her husband Clayton, prayed for me and Sylvia. Maureen then
told me to put my hand on Jesus' Sacred Heart on the wall. I did so, and when I did, I felt a
surge of some sort starting from my hand passing right through my body. I immediately felt dizzy, I
had to sit down. Something definitely happened to me, something beyond my human
understanding. I felt loved.
Having regained my composure, Maureen then explained how God is using her place for His
purpose. A lady had given her a statue of Our Lady of Lourdes. The statue began to oil on
October 7, 1994. Her husband and herself decided to consecrate their hearts to The Sacred
Heart of Jesus the next month. After the 33-day consecration by St. Louis de Monfort, they had
a priest bless their home and to open it to the public, whereupon people have since been healed,
converted, and returned back to God. This is His purpose.
Afterwards, the Marolly's asked my friend and I to accompany them to church, in which of
course we did. It was so nice to have God back into my life and to be able to receive Jesus in
Holy Communion. What a gift! After mass, I spoke to Father Gilles about the abortion. He
prayed for Sylvia and myself. He then gave me a 'prayer of baptism' for an aborted child. I
took it home.
When I arrived home, I was overwhelmed by the events of the day. I was terribly sad, yet
happy about having Jesus back in my life. Having seen a miracle in the works at the Marolly's
was awesome. I could not believe what was happening. It was nightmarish, yet heavenly. Pain
and joy filled my heart and soul. That night, I believe I cried myself to sleep.
The next day, still overcome with grief, I proceeded to baptize our baby. The process fairly
simple, you say a prayer, sprinkle holy water all around you, give your child a name. I followed
this by a rosary. This was the beginning of my healing process.
Whenever I hear the word abortion, I cringe I now realize how it is such a dreadful thing in
our society. During those first days, I desperately searched for answers, for comfort, for relief of
the pain I was feeling. I got on the Internet and absorbed all I could on abortion. I read
voraciously. I wanted to learn how it was done, how women dealt with post-abortion syndrome,
and what I could do to tell my story so other people could see how terrible it is to have gone
through such an ordeal. I wanted to get on the pro-life bandwagon, and to help Our Blessed
Mother and Jesus stop this horrendous act against God.
[/FONT]

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
"[FONT=Verdana, arial]How abhorrent and shameful our society is to permit the murder of innocent babies! Is the
greatest sin against God's creation, and He will deal with all those who allow this to happen!"

Well, it is my humble opinion, that God has much bigger fish to fry. Come Judgment Day, He will face the greatest gathering of evil the world has witnessed. How He intends to prioritize and proceed I am not sure but the tens of millions of women who have had abortions should rest easy: they'll be far back in line.
[/FONT]

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
All's I have to say on the entire abortion thing is that IF the fetus has the same (and seemingly in many cases even more) rights to life than the mother, my wife would probably be dead now. I would literally kill anyone who stood in the way of saving her life, especially if they were waving some stupid old-fashioned book full of make believe and trying to tell me that what is contained in the book trumps my own reality

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Using a fictional character to attack a human right is weak, very weak.

Rather than arguments about the afterlife, or the supernatural rule-maker, let's look at the here and now.

Overwhelmingly - and this is backed up with enough research that only the truly mendacious would deny it - abortion is viewed as a difficult but necessary procedure that prevented a greater tragedy by the women who have had one.

Emotionally and physically difficult, to be sure.

I'll not go into the reasons and justifications for a woman getting an abortion, because that is not the point here.

The point is whose decision is it? The person whose body is most affected, I posit. I do not buy that a zygote is a person, and science will have to convince me otherwise, not some mealy-mouthed spiritual BS about "all life being created by god" and therefore sacred. If that's the case, you'd better become a fruitarian.

The woman is the one who has to gestate the fetus to term. Therefore, because she assumes all the risks, and in the case of the father buggering off, the obligations of raising the kid, it is rightly the woman's decision.

Whoever assumes the risks, calls the shots. This is fair for every other jurisdiction of human behaviour, why would it not apply here?

As an aside, both the "Pro-choice" and the "Pro-life" camps are hypocritical in the extreme when it comes to living up to their names: both of them make a great deal of noise about the law and morality while the woman is pregnant, but are shamefully silent (especially when it comes time to put words into action) once the kid is born.

Being in favour of life or choice would mean, in my mind, supporting the mom-to-be so that she is free to continue earning a living, or finishing school, and has adequate support after the birth so that she can keep the baby without having to pay a catastrophic price, either socially or economically.

Pangloss

Reactions: mabudon

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Oh, and by the way, has anyone noticed that most of the people who speak out against abortion are men?

Perhaps there's something in that, hmm?

Pangloss

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
abortion

I can't see how the men can have a lot to say about abortion, it is the woman's body. If she doesn't want children, then it is her choice, end the marriage, move on and be glad you found out, don't bleed about it, find another woman and have a family. If she said she wanted children before the marriage, and then got an abortion, then you are well rid of her. Sounds to me like this relationship had more problems than an abortion.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
Oh, and by the way, has anyone noticed that most of the people who speak out against abortion are men?

Perhaps there's something in that, hmm?

Pangloss

i wouldn't say theres something odd about that. I think what it is, women would speak out now...saying it was wrong and all, but they could be affraid that if it came down to a choice for them to abort, wether they still would hold true to their word. Men well i agree...its easy for us to say its wrong, and that it shouldn't be an option, but i think as a christian, true believers, including women should be able to speak out against it and stay true to their belief. Ofcourse there are so many arguements against why it should be allowed...but i guess it boils down to the person and what exactly happened before they got pregnant.
Its a tough arguement that doesn't really have one side...its almost like both sides have strong enough arguements regarding the issue.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Lysyfacet (please post somewhere the meaning of your screen name - it's euphonious):

". . .women would speak out now...saying it was wrong and all, but they could be affraid that if it came down to a choice for them to abort, wether they still would hold true to their word."

Well, I don't know if it was your intention or not, but you just accused one half of the human population of being weak willed hypocrites and opportunists with no moral backbone.

Oh, and as a "by the way": a "wether" is a castrated ram. The word you were probably looking for was whether.

Pangloss

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
The author of the piece is a female, by the way. And actually most of the people in the anti-abortion movement are women.

It is of little consequence who wrote that piece. Anecdotal evidence is a lousy way to create social policy.

Also "most of the people in the anti-abortion movement are women."? I call BS. Sorry Sanctus, after years of reporting on this story, the movers, the shakers, the leaders and the funders tend to be men.

And you cannot possibly claim the pro-choice movement is not almost exclusively female in its leadership?

Of course, my experience is only anecdotal. . .sigh (bangs head on desk slowly, sadly).

Pangloss

As an almost complete aside, I dislike the almost honest terms "Pro-Choice" and "Pro-Life" - I so wish both sides would speak plainly "Pro" - and "Anti" - "Abortion".

Any thoughts from the other side of the fence?
-p

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
As an almost complete aside, I dislike the almost honest terms "Pro-Choice" and "Pro-Life" - I so wish both sides would speak plainly "Pro" - and "Anti" - "Abortion".

Any thoughts from the other side of the fence?
-p

In sermons I usually call a "spade a spade" when discussing this topic;-) So, I usually don't refer to it as "anti-abortion", but killing a baby or murder.:)

And I work, and walk with many in the movement, and they are generally women. I didn't say anything about the leadership, I said the membership.

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
abortion

I thought it had to be a man who posted, nonetheless, it is still the woman's body, and I can't bring myself to believe that men have any business dictating their positions on the subject. It's easier for me to have this attitude, because I don't have a religious perspective. That has to make it damn difficult for those who do.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Able:

I don't think it is so much that men should shut up; it's more that men should listen to women more and heed what they say on this subject.

Pangloss

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I thought it had to be a man who posted, nonetheless, it is still the woman's body, and I can't bring myself to believe that men have any business dictating their positions on the subject. It's easier for me to have this attitude, because I don't have a religious perspective. That has to make it damn difficult for those who do.

Indeed, not difficult, but it certainly draws the line for you. Also, there are certain things I would not be at liberty to disagree with from a religious point of view, as it were:) My employers might not take too kindly to me if I did. Safe in this position though, for it is something I agree with the Church on 100%

But to your point, in some things public disagreement with Church doctrine is NOT an option for some of us

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The author of the piece is a female, by the way. And actually most of the people in the anti-abortion movement are women.
If the author is a female, then I can only assume it was a same-sex relationship, or the author has some mental issues which cause her to refer to herself in the third person. Halfway through the article, she refers to "the day after Sylvia (not her real name) had the abortion"...while the rest of the article is written in the first person.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
If the author is a female, then I can only assume it was a same-sex relationship, or the author has some mental issues which cause her to refer to herself in the third person. Halfway through the article, she refers to "the day after Sylvia (not her real name) had the abortion"...while the rest of the article is written in the first person.
Interesting.The woman who sent it to me stated it was from a woman. I only skimmed the article myself.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
This person abviously didn't give much thought to exactly 'what ' she was going to be doing, BEFORE
having the abortion. I am pro-abortion, as long as it's early, but it is not for everyone, and every
woman should give much thought BEFORE the fact, then, AFTER the fact, they will be much more
at peace with their decision. The person who had the abortion, seems like a very emotional type.
It is very obvious, exactly what the procedure is. A person is ending their pregnancy, and the embryo
is removed, and of course it dies, so, every pregnant woman should deal with that fact, in depth,
before she makes the decision to go ahead.
I really don't have much 'compassion' for someone who has an abortion, then falls apart in grief.
There aren't any hidden facts which rise up afterward, it's all emotion, deal with it. There should be
NO guilt, take care of that possibility before the event, and if you CAN'T, don't go through with it.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
Lysyfacet (please post somewhere the meaning of your screen name - it's euphonious):

Ok for the meaning of my name, it is Polish, and means "Bald Guy". I got it as a nickname after i buzzed my head when i was in europe. So its polish, and means bald guy :).

Well, I don't know if it was your intention or not, but you just accused one half of the human population of being weak willed hypocrites and opportunists with no moral backbone.

It wasn't my intention at all. I just kinda losely said it, not making any1 seem less or greater then others. Just kinda a brainstormed thought that could perhaps be a slight reason for maybe perhaps why they do not speak out.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
tall:

A little blunt, but I certainly cannot disagree with you. It isn't like abortion is an unknown quantity these days. Plus it is one person's story. There are other stories of women who have had abortions and it was the smartest thing they could have done and they are grateful the procedure could be done, legally and safely.

Pangloss

snfu73

disturber of the peace
tall:

A little blunt, but I certainly cannot disagree with you. It isn't like abortion is an unknown quantity these days. Plus it is one person's story. There are other stories of women who have had abortions and it was the smartest thing they could have done and they are grateful the procedure could be done, legally and safely.

Pangloss
What can I say...I totally agree.