Where are you people?


Kreskin
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

Right, wonder what else we're going to find out. Where did you live in New Westminster, can't
remember if we talked about that before.
Is it OK to ask these questions on this thread, or?

I lived near 1st street and 6th Ave. Near the old Herbert Spencer School.
 
Kreskin
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Ah, you damn BC folks... I'm about four weeks away from being able to do any planting here on the prairies, the air and soil are still too cold and the risk of frost is still too high. I can't really do much until the Victoria Day weekend except minor prep work, like turning over the garden soil. Some of my hardier tulips are up, the grass is starting to turn green again, and the trees are starting to bud, but the landscape's still mostly gray and brown.

At least the snow is gone, but there's no guarantee we won't get another 20 cm dumped on us before summer arrives. It's happened before. Weather records show that there's been snow and sub-zero temperatures here in every month of the year except August, within living memory. Why do I live here? Some days, I don't really know...

I have been to Saskatchewan often but do have a large bunch of relatives in Roblin Manitoba. Close to Yorkton. Though I've only gone through there in the summer the prairies have a special feeling about them. People on the prairies remind me of Martimers. They''ll give you the shirts off their backs.
 
Dexter Sinister
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

... the prairies have a special feeling about them. People on the prairies remind me of Martimers. They''ll give you the shirts off their backs.

Oh, blessings upon you Kreskin, for your perceptive sensitivity. That's exactly right, and you've reminded me again of why I live here. I'm sure one of the reasons we are the way we are here on the prairies is because the climate is sometimes so awful.
 
Kreskin
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Oh, blessings upon you Kreskin, for your perceptive sensitivity. That's exactly right, and you've reminded me again of why I live here. I'm sure one of the reasons we are the way we are here on the prairies is because the climate is sometimes so awful.

It is quite apparent to those of us in BC where people walk past each other ensuring they never make eye contact or say hello. It's a breathe of fresh air to be with real people.
 
talloola
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

I lived near 1st street and 6th Ave. Near the old Herbert Spencer School.

I lived on 5th ave and 3rd. Went to Herbert Spencer in grade 5 and 6, before that I went to
St. Anne's Academy.
I had a girl friend who lived in the large apartment developement, down the hill toward McBride,
and lots of playmates all over that general area, I loved growing up there, but I am told now, that
it is not a very nice place, so many drugs and crime, that is very sad.
Spent lots of time in Queen's Park Arena, figure skating, then later took my kids there
to skate, and of course the Bruins Hockey.


You must have lived right near the back corner entrance to Queens Park.
I'm probably a lot older than you, (but that's only on paper), doesn't mean a thing, inside my head
I'm still a kid. (probably sound like one at times too) lol
 
Kreskin
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

I lived on 5th ave and 3rd. Went to Herbert Spencer in grade 5 and 6, before that I went to
St. Anne's Academy.
I had a girl friend who lived in the large apartment developement, down the hill toward McBride,
and lots of playmates all over that general area, I loved growing up there, but I am told now, that
it is not a very nice place, so many drugs and crime, that is very sad.


You must have lived right near the back corner entrance to Queens Park.
I'm probably a lot older than you, (but that's only on paper), doesn't mean a thing, inside my head
I'm still a kid. (probably sound like one at times too) lol

I was born in 1961. I swear I wasn't much older than 10 when I was walking alone at night through Queens Park. When I was 12 I played for the Pee Wee Salmonbellies and did the walk through that Park constantly. Today you probably need two adults to watch each others back. It's a different place today. My mom lives not far from McBride now, on Park Crescent near the new school (old Terry Hughes Park). They have constant property crimes going on in that building. I worry about her.

As a kid I had a million friends in the McBride apartments. It was a kids paradise.

I had a lot of friends down your way. You weren't that far from Queens Park too.
 
talloola
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

I was born in 1961. I swear I wasn't much older than 10 when I was walking alone at night through Queens Park. When I was 12 I played for the Pee Wee Salmonbellies and did the walk through that Park constantly. Today you probably need two adults to watch each others back. It's a different place today. My mom lives not far from McBride now, on Park Crescent near the new school (old Terry Hughes Park). They have constant property crimes going on in that building. I worry about her.

As a kid I had a million friends in the McBride apartments. It was a kids paradise.

I had a lot of friends down your way. You weren't that far from Queens Park too.

Yeah, just two blocks straight along 5th Ave.
My husband played all through the minor lacrosse too, and years ago my brother played on the
Sr. B. Salmonbellies. We went to all the Saturday night New Westminster Royals hockey as well.
You were born same year as my oldest daughter,
Feb. 7/61, St. Mary's Hospital, (i think we talked about this before).
My husband grew up in Queensboro, along with all the other immigrant families, they called it
Little Europe, lots of nice families there, and really good food, all of which I had never tasted,
growing up in an Irish/English family.
 
Riyko
#38
I'm in my dorm room at Sheridan College in Oakville... If you mean what i'm doing is i'm watching tv, messing around on the internet and working on my japanese homework.
 

Similar Threads

7
Hurt People Hurt People - Paul Neil too?
by Karlin | Oct 18th, 2007
27
people that live to hurt people
by Dreadful Nonsense | Oct 8th, 2007
32
Why do people murder other people?
by Jersay | Nov 26th, 2006
6
Money for the people, and by the people
by czardogs | Feb 19th, 2003
no new posts