Good deed for the day

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
About 10 minutes ago, I noticed an unusual amount of activity out my window. The birds were going nuts. Looking up into the trees a little higher, I saw the problem. A cat. Can't be a year old yet. There were three crows in the nearby tree taking turns tormenting the poor thing. So I went outside to shoo them away and try to coax the cat down. The fella who lives below me came by with his gal and noticed what I was doing. I had allready decided that the tree wouldn't support my extra weight from this semester, so the smaller fella decided he could risk it. As he neared the top, the tree was groaning and cracking. He finally managed to grab the little guy, but was in a precarious position himself now. We got a sleeping bag and decided he should throw the cat down so he could climb down safely himself. A few scratches as the cat jumped out of the sleeping bag, heh. Someone gets their cat back without knowing the adventure the little tyke has gone through.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Hopefully the scared little critter is getting some love from it's familly:smile:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
It was a cute little thing, had a big bushy tail like a fox. I don't know much about cat breeds, but it was one of those black and grey mixtures...

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
It wasn't looking good for the poor tyke. A couple times I saw him slip and cling for dear life, only to be pestered by the crows. I couldn't sit there and do nothing.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
nor could anyone with a heart. I'm happy for the cat that you were there.

by the way will you be beating Dr Octopus and saving the world before or after dinner tonight? :D

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
nor could anyone with a heart. I'm happy for the cat that you were there.

by the way will you be beating Dr Octopus and saving the world before or after dinner tonight? :D

Not before I take some money in a game of baccarat.;)

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
tell me, do you wear you underpants inside or outside your spandex? is there an S on your chest? do you wear geeky glasses when you're off work?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
tell me, do you wear you underpants inside or outside your spandex? is there an S on your chest? do you wear geeky glasses when you're off work?

It really looks more like this

And my eyesight is 20/15;)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Oh, that makes me happy, the poor little guy, glad you saved him, thanks, from the feline.
I love them, we just have one, but if I had a nice hobby farm somewhere, I would have
many of them, but, just one dog. and a horse.
The thought of that little cat up that tree, being tormented and killed off by the crows, is so sad.